League medals for season 2020/21 Who is currently falling short.

What a load of tosh that is. Even if you play 20 mins you should get a medal you have contributed.
The guy who plays in an early round of the Scottish Cup, for example, but never features again as the team goes on to lift the Cup doesn't get a medal though, does he? He's 'contributed'.

The EPL rules I posted earlier in the thread are far better. More medals and a threshold of 5 games - albeit they have much bigger squads.

So as it stands, with one game to go, Greg Stewart (4), Scott Wright (8), Calvin Bassey (8), Jack Simpson (4), Nathan Patterson (7), Jordan Jones (3), George Edmundson (1) and Leon King (1) would all miss out. Hopefully they are awarded something from the club.

Edit: Obviously I have excluded Katic and Firth with zero appearances before any smart arse mentions them

So as it stands, with one game to go, Greg Stewart (4), Scott Wright (8), Calvin Bassey (8), Jack Simpson (4), Nathan Patterson (7), Jordan Jones (3), George Edmundson (1) and Leon King (1) would all miss out. Hopefully they are awarded something from the club.

Edit: Obviously I have excluded Katic and Firth with zero appearances before any smart arse mentions them
Scott Wright will make it if it’s nine.
Patterson and Bassey only have themselves to blame.

Surely they should all get one ...

it cant only be 25 as others have said the back room coaching team is already taking 5 - gaffer, gary mac, michael beale, jordan milsom, tom culshaw etc so that would only leave 20 ?

I hope everyone who has contributed gets one and if not the league is more of a shambles than i thought.

The 'rules' are open to debate because of the wording - as usual with all things SPFL. We get 25 medals for players and staff. We can purchase additional medals. However, the way I interpret the rule is that, in terms of players, these can only be awarded to players who have featured in 25% or more of matches, or 10 games.

Rule C39:

The Company shall present to the Champion Club of the League 25 League Championship Medals for Players, other staff and Officials. Additional League Championship Medals may be purchased from the Company with the prior consent of the Board. Only those Players who participated in 25% or more of the League Matches for the Champion Club in the relevant Season will be eligible to receive such medals.

Patterson misses out by 3 games. Bassey misses out by 2 games. Wright, even if he appears in both final matches misses out by 1 game. Defoe, Itten and Zungu make it.
What do they mean by "participated"? Would a substitute being on the bench be sufficient, or do they have to get onto the pitch?

What do they mean by "participated"? Would a substitute being on the bench be sufficient, or do they have to get onto the pitch?
As per usual with SPFL or SFA Rules that isn’t clear. My view would be making it onto the pitch, and perhaps a better wording would have been ‘appeared in’ but, put simply, we don’t know for sure.

Far too high a threshold. For our league 7 or 8 would have been a better threshold. Maybe even 5, like the EPL.
For me, it’s just a silly way of looking at players efforts and contribution.
I’m not suggesting ten minutes gets you a medal but there are plenty of examples where a first picks performance level has increased because of the presence of their possible replacement.
McGregor could easily be one of them!

For me, it’s just a silly way of looking at players efforts and contribution.
I’m not suggesting ten minutes gets you a medal but there are plenty of examples where a first picks performance level has increased because of the presence of their possible replacement.
McGregor could easily be one of them!
You could also end up with someone only making a couple of appearances but scoring the title winning goal.

Accept the medals from the league. Then discuss inside Ibrox who else should get one. Then buy similar medals and present them to everyone the club deems deserving of one. Alternatively, tell the league that we want one for everyone we deem deserving of one and pay the miserable bastards a few quid

Accept the medals from the league. Then discuss inside Ibrox who else should get one. Then buy similar medals and present them to everyone the club deems deserving of one. Alternatively, tell the league that we want one for everyone we deem deserving of one and pay the miserable bastards a few quid
Post #88 has the rules mate.

Think the club is given so many and then can pay for extra if they want to dish any more out. Noticed guys like King, Katie and Bassey getting there’s today so they’ve definitely paid extra for more medals.

There was 4 or 5 left over at the end

Edmundson Jones and Lana Wolf should get one aswell

Every first team squad member.
Every member of the coaching staff.
Every member of the technical staff.
Every person who works at the training centre.
Every person who works at Ibrox.
The cleaners.
The Janny.
Shane Duffy.
Everycunt.

Big George was by the dugout but never seen him collect a medal although their were spares left after Tav got his.

Back