League's done for the season. Time to regroup for Phase 2 of the Gerrard era

We have overachieved in Europe this season, especially considering we haven't spent much cash.
Gerrard is absolutely the right man for the job, and while he is here we need to trust his judgement.

We can't deny though, we're missing a creative spark midfield to front. If it's 433 or 4231 moving forward (or we can't replace Alfie in the summer and play 2 up top), it won't matter unless we can create chances.

Pedro's Disciples on here with the knives out for Gerrard you couldn't make this shit up. Clueless fkn buffoons.

You highlight Gerrard's weaknesses and this is this pish you have to listen to. I couldn't give a toss about Pedro Caixinha - his results weren't good enough and he was removed. Am absolute failure and negative in our history.

If people are happy with our domestic form under Gerrard then fair enough. Three points better off than last season isn't good enough, especially given how poor the bheggars have been and the wasted opportunities we have passed by.

If this wasn't a high profile ex player in charge the knives would be out. Our domestic form is garbage, we have no consistency, no plan b, he's constantly getting line ups, set ups and decisions wrong. Poor in the transfer market, failure to learn from mistakes, handling of certain players, rarely changes the course of a game, throws players under the bus, no clue what to do when Morelos is out. The standard of play is dreadful, we lack leadership, drive, urgency, we are as one paced, flat and as predictable as an Ally McCoist side. Our game plan with Morelos out is to sent it long to 5ft 7' Jermain Defoe, constantly. We lacked creativity yet turned to Davis and Defoe. If you don't create, you don't feed. Gerrard mentioned experience, well that's worked well hasn't it. Shoehorning the likes of Defoe and Davis into the side without a proper system, game plan and style of play. When has Defoe ever had to endure long ball football, be expected to win aerial balls, hold it up, work off himself and get into the box? Absolutely no thoughts put into this what so ever other than, well it's Defoe, a great finisher, he'll do a job for us.

You could put any one of McCoist, Warburton, Caixinha, Murty or Gerrard in charge and you wouldn't know the difference of who's in charge unless you looked to the dugout.

I'll be amazed if we win the Scottish Cup, failure to do so and it's back to back to back trebles. The majority said a title fight (not necessarily a league win), big improvements, closer to the bheggars, more consistent, 2nd place, proof we are heading in the right direction and a cup win, were realistic targets this season.

Losing Kent and Morelos for next season is a concern. We are lost without Morelos and Allen and Gerrard haven't exactly been a hit in the transfer market.

I guess we go again on Wednesday night, which will no doubt be yet another struggle as the oppositions manager has the better of Gerrard to date - which is another one of Gerrard's weaknesses. The inability to out think a manager and truly his team breaking down stubborn, organised opposition.

Its got to be said unfortunately. Performances like yesterday would not have been acceptable, under the last Rookie Manager, who was an ex Liverpool Legend, that managed, The Rangers!

You highlight Gerrard's weaknesses and this is this pish you have to listen to. I couldn't give a toss about Pedro Caixinha - his results weren't good enough and he was removed. Am absolute failure and negative in our history.

If people are happy with our domestic form under Gerrard then fair enough. Three points better off than last season isn't good enough, especially given how poor the bheggars have been and the wasted opportunities we have passed by.

If this wasn't a high profile ex player in charge the knives would be out. Our domestic form is garbage, we have no consistency, no plan b, he's constantly getting line ups, set ups and decisions wrong. Poor in the transfer market, failure to learn from mistakes, handling of certain players, rarely changes the course of a game, throws players under the bus, no clue what to do when Morelos is out. The standard of play is dreadful, we lack leadership, drive, urgency, we are as one paced, flat and as predictable as an Ally McCoist side. Our game plan with Morelos out is to sent it long to 5ft 7' Jermain Defoe, constantly. We lacked creativity yet turned to Davis and Defoe. If you don't create, you don't feed. Gerrard mentioned experience, well that's worked well hasn't it. Shoehorning the likes of Defoe and Davis into the side without a proper system, game plan and style of play. When has Defoe ever had to endure long ball football, be expected to win aerial balls, hold it up, work off himself and get into the box? Absolutely no thoughts put into this what so ever other than, well it's Defoe, a great finisher, he'll do a job for us.

You could put any one of McCoist, Warburton, Caixinha, Murty or Gerrard in charge and you wouldn't know the difference of who's in charge unless you looked to the dugout.

I'll be amazed if we win the Scottish Cup, failure to do so and it's back to back to back trebles. The majority said a title fight (not necessarily a league win), big improvements, closer to the bheggars, more consistent, 2nd place, proof we are heading in the right direction and a cup win, were realistic targets this season.

Losing Kent and Morelos for next season is a concern. We are lost without Morelos and Allen and Gerrard haven't exactly been a hit in the transfer market.

I guess we go again on Wednesday night, which will no doubt be yet another struggle as the oppositions manager has the better of Gerrard to date - which is another one of Gerrard's weaknesses. The inability to out think a manager and truly his team breaking down stubborn, organised opposition.

If you listened to him post match you would know that the players failed to carry out the game plan. It clearly wasnt gerrards instruction to hit high balls at him.

Said on another thread the biggest source of frustration for me is we have seen what Gerrard's team is capable of. This team has given us performances and results we hadn't seen in a long time, felt like 'Our Rangers' was back.

We were all told by the manager himself that there would be turbulence and bumps along the way as we are rebuilding.

As a fanbase though, well the FF attention seekers anyway, too many don't seem to be mentally capable of accepting the 'bumps' that we were told prepare for in the first year.

The same nonsense you've been posting on here for years after a poor result yet when we win we are the best team in the world and all the players and gaffer are the men.

You're up and down like a Yoyo.

You don't even need to read the threads to know what the content of them are and what posters will be saying.

The idea Gerrard gets an easy ride is nonsense. He's had a fair amount of criticism this season and a lot of it deservedly so.

Question is, being a rookie manager, did people think he would go through a full season without making errors that would lead to such criticism?

Folk are just unwilling to ride the bumps.
Totally agree he's brought us on quite a bit m
We're more defensively sound that last year Ibrox is pretty much a fortress again apart from one or two results we don't fall apart against teams like last year he's built a solid base for next year. Yes there's been mistakes that have cost us but i don't know what people expect from a manager still learning his trade. We can't just keep sacking manager and become a basket case club at some point we all need to stick with it

Gerrard gets away with murder purely because of his name imo

He is as much to blame as anyone else for our failure to put up a legitimate challenge. It's February and id say he still doesn't know his 11

4 mill spunked on Barasic and grezda

Only 3 pts better than we were this stage last season

If he wasn't Steven Gerrard would he see a phase 2?

The difference is we know we have an inexperienced manager. So whether we like it or not, he has to be given more time.

I think we have improved from last season , for very little outlay , however if the yahoo win yet another treble then the “ gap” you refer to is still there and we do require some decent spending on the squad to change it . We are not going to win the title with the current squad of players .

No we're not and just to reiterate I don't think we're that great a side but we have stayed in the race up until yesterday and at points were even top of the league, all be it briefly.

The contention I have is people say this is down to Celtic being woefully off it this season whereas I would say they are what they are showing. The difference between us and them is they have quality in the attacking midfield positions which SPL teams just can't live with when they play at Parkhead, they have a 100% record there. We have Kent and then others who offer no more than effort - it's been a problem all season.

Our recent title winning teams have had star players and then just solid players. We have plenty of the latter but need more of the former.

I disagree with the notion we need a top class player in ever position to win the SPL. Not even Advocaat's sides had that.

The difference is we know we have an inexperienced manager. So whether we like it or not, he has to be given more time.

By the way, to be clear, I am not advocating sacking Gerrard at all. For me he should be given more time, and plenty more time too. I’m just sick of seeing lame duck excuses made for him because he was a legend as a player. Warburton/Pedro/Murty would be crucified for games like that yesterday, but because we’ve got a footballing legend in the dug out all the blame is shifted on to the players, HIS players whom he signs, trains, and instructs.

Similarly, I don’t want to be called clueless for highlighting his glaring errors, especially from fans who told us Kiernan was a good player, Waburton would have us close to winning the league if he was still here, Lafferty was a better goal scorer than Morelos, Morelos wasn’t cut out to be our main striker, and that Josh Windass was destined for the premier league with so many clubs down south desperate to take him. If I got all of those big calls spectacularly wrong I’d probably wind my neck in, out of embarrassment as much as anything.

This is EXACTLY what will take us years to win the league again.

At some point we need to give a manager time, like minimum 2 full seasons time.

I think the one who got us to within one goal of the europa league last 32 and got us our first league win against celtic since our return to the top flight has shown enough to suggest we stick with him.

I think he’s done more than enough to deserve another shot next season, but if we’re still inconsistent in the first half of the campaign, the demands for his head will come thick and fast.

As we’re likely to remain financially disadvantaged in comparison to the Beasts, I always felt we needed to push the boat out for an experienced manager with a track record of getting the most from relatively limited resources.

Gerrard obviously wasn’t that man, but was a bold appointment nevertheless and the hope is that he’ll continue to learn and grow into the role.

We beat Celtic and Aberdeen after Christmas though

I meant the Christmas holiday period. Aside from beating Aberdeen, it’s been piss poor, and undoing the good work of the 29th by tinkering to shoe horn in shiny new toys lacking in match sharpness, was ridiculous. Especially when you consider it was away at a venue where it’s extremely difficult to win, any venue other than Rugby Park, the piggery or Pittodrie.

I meant the Christmas holiday period. Aside from beating Aberdeen, it’s been piss poor, and undoing the good work of the 29th by tinkering to shoe horn in shiny new toys lacking in match sharpness, was ridiculous. Especially when you consider it was away at a venue where it’s extremely difficult to win, any venue other than Rugby Park, the piggery or Pittodrie.
It has been piss poor.

By the way, to be clear, I am not advocating sacking Gerrard at all. For me he should be given more time, and plenty more time too. I’m just sick of seeing lame duck excuses made for him because he was a legend as a player. Warburton/Pedro/Murty would be crucified for games like that yesterday, but because we’ve got a footballing legend in the dug out all the blame is shifted on to the players, HIS players whom he signs, trains, and instructs.

Similarly, I don’t want to be called clueless for highlighting his glaring errors, especially from fans who told us Kiernan was a good player, Waburton would have us close to winning the league if he was still here, Lafferty was a better goal scorer than Morelos, Morelos wasn’t cut out to be our main striker, and that Josh Windass was destined for the premier league with so many clubs down south desperate to take him. If I got all of those big calls spectacularly wrong I’d probably wind my neck in, out of embarrassment as much as anything.
Totally agree. My English team is Liverpool but I can’t stand the blinkered view that Stevie can do no wrong. To me the European run and the Celtic win have bought him time but if we finish more than 6 points behind them and don’t win the cup, it’s been a failure of a season.

The same nonsense you've been posting on here for years after a poor result yet when we win we are the best team in the world and all the players and gaffer are the men.

You're up and down like a Yoyo.

You don't even need to read the threads to know what the content of them are and what posters will be saying.

I never post that the team are the best in the world or go over board with players because I know they are not. I praise good performances and results, and rightly so.

It's the same content over and over again as the seasons are panning out the same.

I agree he gets extra leeway because of who he is. We can’t change manager again at this stage though, we have no choice but now to run with it for another season anyway. The count down to their ten though is going to intensify the pressure from the norm.

On the signings, Barisic and Grezda have been huge disappointments thus far. They seem to be this years Mexicans, and we need a lot more from not just them, but given the money spent on them questions need asked.
You could put a case up saying Pena contributed more than Grezda has

I agree he gets extra leeway because of who he is. We can’t change manager again at this stage though, we have no choice but now to run with it for another season anyway. The count down to their ten though is going to intensify the pressure from the norm.

On the signings, Barisic and Grezda have been huge disappointments thus far. They seem to be this years Mexicans, and we need a lot more from not just them, but given the money spent on them questions need asked.
You could put a case up saying Pena contributed more than Grezda has

This is just rubbish, Morelos was just as good last season as this season, the difference?

1. he's been a bit more consistent.
2. he's being noticed.

Last season, you lot completely ignored what he did outside the box. Remember, he played for a Rangers side that wasn't as strong as the current side and did most of the work, but was wrongly being slated. Perhaps he's a bit fitter and is improving, but to make it out as if it's some huge difference, only serves to prove folk had it in for him last season.
Mind boggling that anyone would claim not to see the difference in him this year!

You’re either at it or have a somewhat limited outlook on football. Or I’ll give you the benefit off the doubt and you could just be acting like a wee princess thinking people are slating him for last season rather than saying he is vastly superior this season?

There’s no point in even considering Gerrard being replaced. He’ll get the entirety of next season too, barring a catastrophic drop in results.
Of course there isn’t, and rightly so.
That said, there are posts, including the one I replied to, that are saying, without using the words, they don’t believe Gerrard should remain in the job.
It’s the only viable interpretation of what they’re posting.

Has it been piss poor since Xmas? Good wins away to Livi and Aberdeen but just dogged by the same inconsistency and lack of creativity that has been an issue all season.

The season has been pretty consistent in it's issues and all the while we have a first time manager making mistakes along the way.

I'm surprised people are surprised.

I have got to agree with you.

It’s like Groundhog Day every season, until we manage to get big money investment we will always be struggling to play catch up to the yahoos!
It's not a case of catching up with the yahoos as you put it , it is about winning games like yesterday which quite frankly we never looked like doing .As for investment we have invested more than teams like St Johnstone, Kilmarnock,Livingstone , Dundee, Motherwell put together and yet all of these teams have taken points from us you could possibly include Aberdeen and Hibs in that equation ,so I don't think that it is solely down to investment . Looking at the game yesterday where I don't think we had a single shot on target reminded me of games under Caixinha and Warburton where we might have dropped points but we would have had something like ten or twenty attempts on goal for I remember arguing after some of these games with mates that if you look at the stats we should have won these games , you could not use the stats argument now for I would struggle to think of a game where we have dropped points and claim to be unlucky apart from maybe the Dundee game .

SG certainly never told the players to hit Defoe with the service he got yesterday-he states as much in his post match interview-nonsense that this should be stated.

Also what went before SG can't be used as a stick to beat him.

Some of these replies prove why it is very likely SG is already on borrowed time and the clamour for change will accelerate.

My worry would be - can we get that money for them 0 there did not appear to be any bids in the break and if Morelos continues to get targeted and reacts - what is worth ? - if we get anything like that money we need to grab it.
The problem is if he sells Morelos and Tav and gets over 20 mill I have worries in how it is spent.
Goldson and Katic I think are our only signings that have worked and then SG drops one of them for a poorer player.
None of the other players have been a success and yes I include Kent. He has had a few good games but has a very low assist record and rarely scores.
be

We've really missed Murphy in games like yesterday he could always create a goal or good chance against the lower teams just celtic he never really played well against but everyone else was the same

I think you need to simplify this out though because it's the point that's being missed.

The root cause of our troubles is the gap between where we are and where we need to be. We have NOT had a football strategy in place and we decided to go for a big name and the benefits that brought -it was always going to come with a downside.

If your point is accurate then you can easily argue the only thing that will catch Celtic is money because despite the changes in manager's progress has been slow.

This season.
They spent more on one player that our entire spend just about.
They have a genuine signing/football strategy albeit it's not perfect.
They did better business in January than we did.

This means overall their club is set up better.

We change managers to the cows come home and I wasn't in favour of SG-now we've went that way we need to stick to it but we need to come up with a genuine plan that delivers both stability and a desire to progress....Lafferty, Defoe, Davis are not ones for the future and needed to make a quicker impact than they did...we have too many loan signings....

I think it looks inevitable the clamour for SG to be replaced will accelerate from now on...and that means hitting the reset button again and giving them another advantage.

I think SG has proved enough to be deserving of our backing-he's clearly done better than all the managers you state-Europe and the league placing is better overall than previous seasons. We need continuity now.

SG certainly never told the players to hit Defoe with the service he got yesterday-he states as much in his post match interview-nonsense that this should be stated.

Also what went before SG can't be used as a stick to beat him.

Some of these replies prove why it is very likely SG is already on borrowed time and the clamour for change will accelerate.
Agreed. When you’ve got people on here giving it “aye, only x amount of points better than Oor Pedro” it makes you wonder what their angle is.

There’s been significant progress on the pitch, in Europe, the regulating financial impacts and progress on recruitment. Anyone pointing back to last season as a way to criticise Gerrard defies belief.

Gerrard has to answer questions on various fronts and our inability to string wins together is crippling us. For me though, I’ve no doubts he’s got us coming on leaps and bounds from the past few chancers who managed us.

I think you are 100% spot on here but the signings were met with almost universal praise on here-but more importantly what does our DOF have to do with how we are building a squad?

Quite a few posters pointed out both Davis and Defoe would be rusty and quite a few pointed out they weren't exactly going to address the issues within the team. We are led to believe the signings are done by committee and the cost must be massive-it's not been thought out.

I would suggest with a newish manager he requires support guidance and the odd disagreement over where we are going.

Agreed. When you’ve got people on here giving it “aye, only x amount of points better than Oor Pedro” it makes you wonder what their angle is.

There’s been significant progress on the pitch, in Europe, the regulating financial impacts and progress on recruitment. Anyone pointing back to last season as a way to criticise Gerrard defies belief.

Gerrard has to answer questions on various fronts and our inability to string wins together is crippling us. For me though, I’ve no doubts he’s got us coming on leaps and bounds from the past few chancers who managed us.

I agree but the bottom line is if we are not winning trophies at Rangers the manager is failing. It's why I said SG had to do something special this season-now you can argue Europe was that but if it doesn't damage Celtic then it doesn't register with a lot of the support.

Do not underestimate what another Treble will do to SG-it will be a body blow to his chances of succeeding here.

The support have never accepted the size of the gap that exists between us and them.

As we’re likely to remain financially disadvantaged in comparison to the Beasts, I always felt we needed to push the boat out for an experienced manager with a track record of getting the most from relatively limited resources.

If you're being totally blunt and honest, the appointment of Gerrard was a needless, reckless risk when it was clear we were shouting out for a man with experience and gravitas.

This idea is exacerbated when you consider that, since 2012, the rebuilding of our club has gone to almost entirely inexperienced rookies.

Some amount of moon howling shite..

If you set from the stance of a conscious need and want to “critique” what’s the point in having an “opinion” as it actually moved past the point of “opinion” to simply having a conscious want to be a greeting faced wank.

If you're being totally blunt and honest, the appointment of Gerrard was a needless, reckless risk when it was clear we were shouting out for a man with experience and gravitas.

This idea is exacerbated when you consider that, since 2012, the rebuilding of our club has gone to almost entirely inexperienced rookies.

What we want and could get are miles apart.

We were an absolute joke when Gerrard took over - 3rd in Scotland a baw hair from being 4th - no credible manager would take the job under that guise because the club looked a ruderless mess and there are hundreds of jobs that afford as stimulating a challenge in more favourable working circumstances than our job.

We had to gamble and took the decision on an untested rookie who we have invested a long term contract in in the hope he improves.

The candidates we were linked with were linked for a reason McIness, Pedro and others were the level of realistic options - the mangers we could actually get and were dripped to gauge reaction - were all pish.

If we could get the experienced known winner we all lust for the board would have went and got that.

They are gambling because they have to in the hope we find something that hits - or in Gerard’s case improves with time.

What we want and could get are miles apart.

We were an absolute joke when Gerrard took over - 3rd in Scotland a baw hair from being 4th - no credible manage would take the job under that guise because the club looked a ruderless mess

We had to gamble and took the decision on an untested rookie who we have invested a long term contract in the hope he improves.

The candidates we were linked without were linked for a reason McIness, Pedro and others were the level of realistic options

If we could get the experienced known winner we all list for the board would have went and got that.

They are gambling because they have to in the hope we find something that hits - or in Gerard’s case improves with time.

This time last year the unanimous consensus amongst the Rangers support was that Rangers needed to give the job to someone with experience. Murty was getting rag-dolled every week by managers with significant more miles on the clock than he -the manager of the youth team - had. That the board had to appoint a strong, seasoned manager was the one thing that we all agreed upon.

Then Gerrard was linked, and suddenly that pragmatic, logical appointment was put to one side.

Our managers since 2012 have gone to McCoist (not entirely his fault, but his deficiencies in leading the club post-admin were clear for all); McDowall (perennial assistant); Warburton (only two full seasons under his belt); Murty (definition of wrong place, wrong time); Pedro (the most baffling and bewildering appointment in Rangers' history); a bit of Murty again, and Jimmy fcking Nicholl (sacked by Cowdenbeath in his last job).

Whatever the club needed after all of that, it wasn't another needless risk.

This time last year the unanimous consensus amongst the Rangers support was that Rangers needed to give the job to someone with experience. Murty was getting rag-dolled every week by managers with significant more miles on the clock than he -the manager of the youth team - had. That the board had to appoint a strong, seasoned manager was the one thing that we all agreed upon.

Then Gerrard was linked, and suddenly that pragmatic, logical appointment was put to one side.

Our managers since 2012 have gone to McCoist (not entirely his fault, but his deficiencies in leading the club post-admin were clear for all); McDowall (perennial assistant); Warburton (only two full seasons under his belt); Murty (definition of wrong place, wrong time); Pedro (the most baffling and bewildering appointment in Rangers' history); a bit of Murty again, and Jimmy fcking Nicholl (sacked by Cowdenbeath in his last job).

The realistic manager with experience was going to be someone the ilk of McLeish rather than even a Sam Allardyce - we have a rookie as the other candidates were brutal - our board spent months looking at what was realistically available to them.

The idea of a manger with experience sounds great until they are given a profile, a personality a CV - it wasn’t going to be a wonder appointment it was going to be someone who deflated the support further - the board played the game for about 8 months floating names to see what fans thought.

They have to recruit from a place of where we are - there is little appeal in the job - it took an appointment from nowhere to galvanise the support and club - it worked

It would be us who looked like mugs if we binned Gerrard off, he would come out it Ok - we would be left stumbling around again thinking “%^*& if that’s the likely options we might have to “accept” McIness”....no thanks.

There are things that are and things we want to be true - the things that are just now is no trusted, proven, would win manager would have taken the job for the last 6 years as the job doesn’t reflect that standard of CV to a manager living in the now

They tried to hire McInnes. He has won silverware and has experience, ticked a few extra boxes too. Would you have preferred him to Gerrard ?

The club have stated numerous times that there wasn’t a single outstanding candidate for the job at the time and those with experience had failed in their previous jobs. I can’t fault the board’s logic one bit, even with the benefit of hindsite.

The realistic manager with experience was going to be someone the ilk of McLeish rather than even a Sam Allardyce - we have a rookie as the other candidates were brutal - our spent months looking at what was realistically available to them.

The idea of a manger with experience sounds great until they are given a profile, a personality a CV - it wasn’t going to be a wonder appointment it was going to be someone who deflated the support further - the board played the game for about 8 months floating names to see what fans thought.

They have to recruit from a place of where we are - there is little appeal in the job - it took an appointment from nowhere to galvanise the support and club - it worked

It would be ya who looked like mugs if we binned Gerrard off, he would come out it Ok - we would be left stumbling around again thinking “%^*& if that’s the likely options we might have to “accept” McIness”....no thanks.

There were plenty of candidates being mooted on here at the time. Whether any of them were interested or viable options is an entirely moot point: the board should have found someone. The answer it it all is not to ultimately appoint an entirely untested rookie.

We were told at the time that Gerrard was "galvanise" the club. What does that mean now when Celtic look a pretty safe bet for a treble treble?

The club

They tried to hire McInnes. He has won silverware and has experience, ticked a few extra boxes too. Would you have preferred him to Gerrard ?

The club have stated numerous times that there wasn’t a single outstanding candidate for the job at the time and those with experience had failed in their precious jobs. I can’t fault the board’s logic one bit, even with the benefit of hindsite.

I didn't want McInnes but given that the board approached him in the first place is just as damning an indictment of their appointment process as giving the job to Gerrard was.

There were plenty of candidates being mooted on here at the time. Whether any of them were interested or viable options is an entirely moot point: the board should have found someone. The answer it it all is not to ultimately appoint an entirely untested rookie.

We were told at the time that Gerrard was "galvanise" the club. What does that mean now when Celtic look a pretty safe bet for a treble treble?

The board spent months profilings manager they can’t make candidates want the job if they don’t want it

On here also isn’t real life - we should get Pep...thats me mooting it on here that doesn’t make it realistic.

It means in money alone we are about 12 million better of than we were or could have been with a “trusted” manager and retained fan enthusasims and ST sales in a way a McIness simply wasn’t going to.

There is no point assessing situations that’s aren’t and a life scenario thats not taken place as there’s no way to either prove or disprove that theory.

Also what went before SG can't be used as a stick to beat him with

And the merry go round will continue unless SG wins the SC cup

On here isn’t real life - we should get Pep...thats me mooting it on here that doesn’t make it realistic.

It means in money alone we are about 12 million better of than we were or could have been with a “trusted” manager and retained fan enthusasims and ST sales in a way a McIness simply wasn’t going to.

There is no point assessing situations that’s aren’t and a life scenario thats not taken place as there’s no way to either prove or disprove that theory.

A trusted manager could have us at the top of the league in a way that'd keep fan enthusiasm and ST sales more robust in a way an attractive manager might not. But as you say, impossible to prove.

It's not the first, second or third match we've constantly sent it long to Defoe.

If that's not what Gerrard wants, then why is it happening all the time. Do some thing about it. Drop the players who continue to ignore tactics and fail to carry out instructions.

While your at it, change the garbage we've seen all season. Pass, pass, back the way, out wide, launch into the box - well off the first man or over the entire box.

A creative midfielder and right sided attacker was needed in January. Barely any creativity in any of Jack, McCrorie, Kamara, Davis and when Candeias is off form (which is a lot of the time) he's a man down.

I never post that the team are the best in the world or go over board with players because I know they are not. I praise good performances and results, and rightly so.

It's the same content over and over again as the seasons are panning out the same.

Well they're not are they? Last season Celtic bitch slapped us without even getting out of first gear. We got pumped in Europe by a team from Luxembourg.

This season we've beaten Celtic (and not via a flukey win) and we are a bad refereeing decision in Moscow from reaching the last 32 of the Europa League.

So on what planet is this season panning out like previous seasons? We're not

Well they're not are they? Last season Celtic bitch slapped us without even getting out of first gear. We got pumped in Europe by a team from Luxembourg.

This season we've beaten Celtic (and not via a flukey win) and we are a bad refereeing decision in Moscow from reaching the last 32 of the Europa League.

So on what planet is this season panning out like previous seasons? We're not good enough or consistent enough yet to win the title but we've clearly improved as a team.

I didn't want McInnes but given that the board approached him in the first place is just as damning an indictment of their appointment process as giving the job to Gerrard was.

I agree with you on McInnes but ultimately there wasn’t much else available to them anyway. There were names being banded about of guys aporoaching 60 who’d won nothing in their careers beyond a relegation battle.

What would be your alternative?
Details please.
I really dont know, is there a viable alternative? Whether there is or isnt it does t take away from the fact that the next stage doesnt sound too appealing if its more of the same. We cant break down teams and are having points taking off us right left and centre. The notion that the players are not good enough is nonsense, they were good enough against some good european teams and good enough to beat the reigning champions. It is my view that we are tacticaly inept. If plan a doesnt work then we drop points
Im assuming you dont agree with me so what do you envisage for the next phase? Keep trundling along as we are?

Back