Leasing a Car - Recommendations?

Mr Aqua

Been thinking about leasing for a while, but there seems to be tons of leasing companies out there. I'd be grateful for any pointers towards good dealers, general tips and useful information regarding leasing.

Been doing it for years, for me its best value. Eurolease are good as they don't want deposit or if you want to pay a deposit try "contracthire andleasing.com

Check the deals and email the dealerships and you can get yourself a right good deal. Make sure you email around 15/20 to give you scope to get the best deal

This would be handy actually, I've been PCP for years now and feel as though it's no longer the way to go unless I'm prepared to keep a car long enough to just hand back to the dealer, but I've always tried to avoid keeping a car long enough for MoTs.

Go for Personal Contract Hire not Personal Contract Purchase. Done that recently and its the cheapest option.

Seen a TV documentary last week and they confirmed this. Depending on the car you can end up saving thousands.

Been thinking about leasing for a while, but there seems to be tons of leasing companies out there. I'd be grateful for any pointers towards good dealers, general tips and useful information regarding leasing.

Don't use intelligent car leasing as they sponsor the beggars, Great Lease Deals in Whitburn are good bluenoses, they don't have a website so keeps the costs down, and will give you good advice, it all depends on if you want to own the car as leasing is basically long term rental

I went to stablevehicleleasing and got a quote, went in to Audi in Edinburgh and they matched it...however the experience in dealing with the dealership...perks, midnight handover etc was excellent and I wouldn't have got that with stable...PCH was certainly the cheapest way to go for me...i recommend getting the quotes online and then going in to the dealer to match it...

Been looking into this recently, is there a best time to buy like at the beginning of the year when sales are slow or doesn't it matter with a leasing contract?

The backside is falling out of PCPs as GFVs have fallen due to so many finance houses not making enough on them. Also lots of mis-selling issues around the corner on PCPs as people try to exit early and find horrific negative equities.

Leasing can be cheaper just as long as you can find a term and mileage to fit you. Make sure you brush up on BVLA guidelines re car condition too so you don't end up handing back a pile of shite and getting huge charges.

Another thing worth considering, the PCH through an online broker ties you in for the full term of the deal. With a PCP you can voluntary terminate once you have paid 50% of the value.

Depending on what car you are looking for, you do get some really good deals online as dealers tend to use them to get rid of excess stock fairly quickly.

As others have said contract hire and leasing is your best option.

Cheers for the info and suggestions guys, I'll have a look through the websites posted.
I'd join the Pistonheads forums mate. They have a various threads discussing leasing deals for all types of cars.

I took delivery of a Golf GTI 5dr dsg metallic black for 297 a month. Hand it back in 24 months. The Mrs doesn't like it but hey it's my car and dosh haha.

Should say mines was a 1+23 deal.

Last edited:
If you are considering a new car, get in on the PCP party while you can. Arse is going to fall out of car market soon. I'm an analyst at a London bank and we've had a circular saying the FCA are 'very' concerned about the boom in the PCP market and that it is unsustainable in the long run. Stock market is also becoming very cautious which can only mean one thing.. My gf's step-dad works for Audi and they are seeing a slow-down in sales in Scotland.

As somebody above pointed out, PCP is the new PPI. PPI firms are no longer getting fee income from the PPI scandal so have found wrong-doings in the PCP market so expect in the next year or so to be inundated with those phone calls once again.

As somebody in my office said... 'scary times ahead for the car industry'

If you are considering a new car, get in on the PCP party while you can. Arse is going to fall out of car market soon. I'm an analyst at a London bank and we've had a circular saying the FCA are 'very' concerned about the boom in the PCP market and that it is unsustainable in the long run. Stock market is also becoming very cautious which can only mean one thing.. My gf's step-dad works for Audi and they are seeing a slow-down in sales in Scotland.

As somebody above pointed out, PCP is the new PPI. PPI firms are no longer getting fee income from the PPI scandal so have found wrong-doings in the PCP market so expect in the next year or so to be inundated with those phone calls once again.

I can't see manufacturers being dissuaded from leasing and PCP in the long-term. What I can definitely see is more strenuous credit requirements for those wishing to lease.

Anyone had problems getting heavy charges for chips and scrapes, general wear and tear stuff when handing back?

I've not however as per my previous post regarding my gf's stepdad working for Audi, he has told me that if you get a scrape/chip categorically get it fixed before handing back as they will charge you ££££ to try and bring the GMFV down as much as possible. However, he did tell me a scumbag way that Arnold Clark salesmen use and that is, to color in the scrapes/chips with a Sharpie of the same color as the car.

If people want a good deal on a car, go in on the last working day of the month (i.e. this month go in on Friday 29th/Saturday 30th) and say to the salesmen that you will take the car but you want 'X, Y and Z' (discounts, extras, repair of scapes etc) and there's a high chance you'll get what you want - only if the salesmen hasn't hit his monthly target. You WILL find somebody who can give you it.
This is all coming from somebody who works in the car trade and has for 25 years.

My mum and dad went to Arnold Clark last year and the guy quoted them £189/month for an Audi A1 - they were only looking to pay up to £150 as they could get similar sized cars for less plus cheaper insurance. He said he couldn't do anything for them unfortunately. Presuming he was going to hit his target. Turns out he was 1 car short for his target (openly told my parents this was the case) so phoned my mum and dad up and offered them an A1 black edition S Line with Audi S1 mats, free service and MOTS with a £250 voucher for any and all work done, fully paid road tax and a years free insurance if they took the car within the 2 hours of his phone call all for £149.99/month.

My mate ( fellow bear ) has a place in mount vernon Glasgow ....I just got a vw Tiguan se nav from him for £295 a month ...if you get a deal you could phone him and see if he could beat it.

My mate ( fellow bear ) has a place in mount vernon Glasgow ....I just got a vw Tiguan se nav from him for £295 a month ...if you get a deal you could phone him and see if he could beat it.

The Tiguan R Line is stunning, no idea of cost but when I start looking for new car I will hopefully get one of them if it's feasible

What was the initial payment? Is it a 1+23, 1+35 deal?

Or did you put down a larger initial payment and your monthly payments are 295?

Select Car Leasing have plenty of good deals.

Just be aware that if your car is factory ordered you could be waiting months for it.

My mates place is called Jasu car leasing. The phone number is 0141 7711373 and just ask for Gary ... he will answer all your questions..

Looking at an R line Passat right now. Can't justify the extra £49 a month for a Tiguan even though it's the nicer car just not willing to pay the extra.

Only extras I went for are Parking assist (for her) and black paint. 10k miles, 9 months up front and 3 year deal for £269 a month.

Looking at an R line Passat right now. Can't justify the extra £49 a month for a Tiguan even though it's the nicer car just not willing to pay the extra.

Only extras I went for are Parking assist (for her) and black paint. 10k miles, 9 months up front and 3 year deal for £269 a month.
Contact my mate and see what he can do for you

On the upside, given the government's recent statement on diesel and petrol cars I'm glad i didn't buy mine as they are all going to be devalued. I know the deadline seems far away but the change in cars, and peoples buying habits, will happen soon.

My mate can do the Tiguan r line for £318 a month .... 10 k miles a year over 3 years or an Audi A6 2.0tdi for £288

Do you know if that is the latest model R Line? I seen a decent price on one when I was having a look about earlier in the year but it was the older model that was no where near as nice

Audi would be nice at that price, but there is no way my girlfriend would drive a car that size

Do you know if that is the latest model R Line? I seen a decent price on one when I was having a look about earlier in the year but it was the older model that was no where near as nice

Audi would be nice at that price, but there is no way my girlfriend would drive a car that size

But off topic but anyone got any experience or advice regards returning a vw pcp car ? Notified them advising that they will be returning the car 2 months before contract should end and was told to wait for contact from British Car Auctions regarding collection and uplift , 2 weeks later and still waiting so no idea how long they need to keep the car insured. They've now been told that they can drop the car off at the VW dealer for storage until it's uplifted but to keep it insured, this can't be right if they've notified of termination?

Back