Lee Bowyer: Joe Aribo making a mistake if he signs for Rangers

He doesn’t know the pressure involved in playing for a club the size and stature of Rangers and is also just going with the usual little englander view of Scottish football which is typically arrogant and ignorant is same measure. I know I have lived in England for over 30 years.

What a load of utter horse shit by someone who clearly has no idea what he’s talking about.

Most players who come here regardless of where they are in their careers, beginning middle or end are more often than not taken aback by the size of the club and demands it places on them as players. Also ( and it pains me to use the term) but because of the financial disparities we are the PERFECT “stepping stone” to the premier league. We regularly get world wide exposure and regularly contest European football. How many of Aribo’s other English opinions could offer that?
The boy has made an informed choice in coming to Rangers as time will tell. Thankfully by the look of things he’s rejected the ill informed advice of that ignorant wee scrotum.

Robertson and vvd are two of the best players in Europe at the moment . Basic English arrogance . If Aribo does well with us he will be in the epl in 18 months

..and his chances of European football as a Southampton player would be what Mr Bowyer ? more chance of a continued relegation dogfight.

Aribo coming to Scotland gets Charlton about 300k. Aribo moving to an English club gets them something like 13 times that amount. Him saying ‘act well, good luck’ is not, in any manner of speaking, doing the best for his club.

If we look at what he says, we do tend to get English players towards the end of their careers and it is rare to go from us to the EPL. Rattling off a list of 10 players in 20 years does absolutely nothing to dispel that.

People here can be so thin skinned it is laughable. Wanting to cancel Derby friendliest because the record says they want Gerrard. Losing their shit over someone who wants to bet his club a decent fee. Bunch of wee sweetie wives at times.
Obviously he would rather he moved to another English team for financial reasons, he isn't saying that though. He is being a crybaby about it moaning about the standard of football as if Charlton are European big hitters.

Why are people so damned precious? It is a manager trying to do the best for his club. Exactly the way it should be. It is up to us to prove him wrong.
The decision has already been made by Aribo. Fair enough try to keep him when the situation was still open. It's closed now, so this is nothing more than a poor me whine from Bowyer, getting his excuses in early.

Reactions: LD5
Aribo coming to Scotland gets Charlton about 300k. Aribo moving to an English club gets them something like 13 times that amount. Him saying ‘act well, good luck’ is not, in any manner of speaking, doing the best for his club.

If we look at what he says, we do tend to get English players towards the end of their careers and it is rare to go from us to the EPL. Rattling off a list of 10 players in 20 years does absolutely nothing to dispel that.

People here can be so thin skinned it is laughable. Wanting to cancel Derby friendliest because the record says they want Gerrard. Losing their shit over someone who wants to bet his club a decent fee. Bunch of wee sweetie wives at times.

Bowyer is being an insincere cunt. He's making out as if he cares about the player but all he really cares about is making maximum money for the club. Nothing wrong with that of course but he can't bring himself to admit that's why he's annoyed.

Who wants to cancel the friendly? I saw one thread about this where the OP was roundly ridiculed for the suggestion before the thread was deleted. Is that what you're on about?

Reactions: LD5
Lee who?
Cheeky wee bastard.
Concentrate on your relegation battle next year.
And English players only come to the old firm at the end of their career?? You couldn’t have been good enough then. A diddy player who played for diddy teams and now managing a diddy club.

I fully get that he is pissed off with the fact his player is leaving for buttons .

That's his real issue here.

Hopefully his last cathartic mumblings on the situation because he is beginning to sound like a dumped bird.

He's being more than a bit pathetic. There have been plenty of players of have featured in Scotland who have gone on to play very well in England. In fact, some of the very best players in England at the moment have featured in Scotland before going on to flourish in the English Premiership - so, he's talking absolute shite.

Aribo will get great development working With Steven Gerrard and the Rangers first team. He'll also get European experience, which is something he's not likely to get for a long time, if ever, in England.

Moving to Rangers makes perfect sense.

Instead of moaning at Aribo he should be asking his chairman why he offered Joe a new contract last summer and then withdrew giving him the chance to talk to clubs like ourselves.
Aribo was probably raging at that and made his mind up then that he would be leaving Charlton.

Bowyer is being an insincere cunt. He's making out as if he cares about the player but all he really cares about is making maximum money for the club. Nothing wrong with that of course but he can't bring himself to admit that's why he's annoyed.

Who wants to cancel the friendly? I saw one thread about this where the OP was roundly ridiculed for the suggestion before the thread was deleted. Is that what you're on about?

Have a look on the Derby in for Gerrard thread :D full of folk saying exactly that.

So, we are now not upset over what he said, we are upset because he is being insincere?

Or we are just really irritable on a dreech Tuesday morning.

When do we have a friendly with Charlton?

European football guaranteed , playing at a massive club under one of the great midfield players ever , massive tv exposure , playing in front of 50,000 plus every second week , or staying at Charlton under Bowyer .

Have a look on the Derby in for Gerrard thread :D full of folk saying exactly that.

So, we are now not upset over what he said, we are upset because he is being insincere?

Or we are just really irritable on a dreech Tuesday morning.

Haven't read through the whole thing admittedly but I saw one, maybe two people saying cancel the friendly and everyone else disagreeing.

When do we have a friendly with Charlton?

What?? The post I quoted mentioned Derby, I was replying to that point.

European football guaranteed , playing at a massive club under one of the great midfield players ever , massive tv exposure , playing in front of 50,000 plus every second week , or staying at Charlton under Bowyer .
They have deluded themselves into thinking that the Championship is actually a decent standard of football. We'd absolutely scud the majority of that division.

Very glad this thread is staying up.

You do wonder what goes through folks’ head saying crap like this in an interview. It only reflects badly on themselves. “Waahhhh. We didn’t do this right so something inevitable has happened. Waaaahhhh. Where’s my money....”

Bowyer...

Dt7KxwUUUAAP2US.jpg

Let’s not pretend that Bowyer is looking out for the best interests of the player here. He clearly wants Joe to move to England so that Charlton will get a higher development fee.

It’s pretty shameful that he’ll put this on Joe when what he really wants is more cash to replace the player.

I don't have a massive problem with what he's said, quality of football will be lower, and he's technically correct in that most of out recent English outgoings have went to Championship clubs (Windass, Garner, Waghorn, John). Also, most of Aberdeen's (who finished 2nd the previous few seasons) better players like McLean and Shinnie went to the championship. Where he's being disingenuous is in not taking the broader context into account. We're in much better shape now than we have been since 2012. All the top players we lost in 2012 went to good sized English clubs and did well, and if we were to sell any of our top talent now it certainly wouldn't be to the championsip. Also, the filth unfortunately have an excellent track record of selling players to the EPL.

‘They might go from the rangers to championship’??

Does that not mean they go from the championship to rangers then?

He’s saying what any Charlton manager would say. Purely, trying to get the highest fee for their player.

Absolutely, nothing to be getting stressed over.

Lee Bowyer only confirming what we already know, that England has little regard or respect for our game. However it is completely two-faced of us on FF to take offence at this as the majority say likewise constantly.

Can we not sign anyone without The Sun or the Record looking for someone to give them a statement "slamming" us ?

F.uck Lee Bowyer
Aribo's no playing for you anymore ooh ohh
F.uck Lee Bowyer
Aribo's no playing for you anymore ooh ohh

He doesn’t know the pressure involved in playing for a club the size and stature of Rangers and is also just going with the usual little englander view of Scottish football which is typically arrogant and ignorant is same measure. I know I have lived in England for over 30 years.
Yeah, I have been down here 20 years and echo what you have found. Some will take an interest because I’m a Rangers fan and the general football fan will favour us over the paedos but the view of Scottish football tends to be one of pub league.

He’s saying what any Charlton manager would say. Purely, trying to get the highest fee for their player.

Absolutely, nothing to be getting stressed over.

I’m not sure he is saying what any Charlton manager would say.

I totally get if someone is trying to do the best for their club, but he’s going up a level to talking pish and telling lies about our club so I think people are entitled to call him what he is – a fanny,

I’m not sure he is saying what any Charlton manager would say.

I totally get if someone is trying to do the best for their club, but he’s going up a level to talking pish and telling lies about our club so I think people are entitled to call him what he is – a fanny,
I think people should chill.

Each to their own, though.

Bitter wanker who, like most of their fans, is burying his head in the sand if he genuinely thinks staying with Charlton, going to another Championship club, or playing in the reserves for an EPL side is more beneficial to him than joining us.

Aye it did Ryan Kent no good moving to Rangers. We developed his potential when others failed. Ryan might have been destined for the championship but I’m sure he’ll be an EPL player (hopefully after another stint with the famous) Aribo will develop further and won’t disappear into obscurity under Bowyer and the lower leagues.

I went to a Premier League game last season (Palace v Huddersfield) and the standard of football was as bad as anything I've seen up here. They absolutely have delusions of grandeur about the level their game is at based on the money that's floating about.

Plenty of people have gone on to have great careers in England from playing in the top league in Scotland.
Palace vs Huddersfield. 2 giod sides cancelling each other out? Joking. Theres a lot if piss poor teams in that league. He will be well served at Ibrox

Back