Lee Bowyer: Joe Aribo making a mistake if he signs for Rangers

You are quoting players from a massively inferior Rangers side.
Completely irrelevant.

Any current Rangers first team regular moving to a lower English league is taking a step down.
It has also traditionally been the case.

I said exactly that in my post. Did you even read it?

Quite easy to add Charlton to the dislike list after that

Mate, Charlton are a good club and the fans are good guys. Been to a few home/away games with them and plenty of them have Rangers as their 2nd team - actually surprised me how popular we were down there. Often see stickers plastered over away grounds down there with Rangers/Charlton badges on them - same with Rangers/Millwall badges.

Bowyer is clearly sick at losing one of his best players - and this Aribo is a good player. He is silly with these comments but he has done a decent job with Charlton with their twat of an owner holding them back.

I hope Stevie G give Bowyer a wee slap next time their paths cross and reminds him of his place but I wouldn't put Charlton on the dislike list yet.

I’ve a feeling this boy Aribo could net us an absolute fortune in the future.

Mind you I’ve never seen him play but he is widely regarded as one who could go all the way to the top.

Mate, Charlton are a good club and the fans are good guys. Been to a few home/away games with them and plenty of them have Rangers as their 2nd team - actually surprised me how popular we were down there. Often see stickers plastered over away grounds down there with Rangers/Charlton badges on them - same with Rangers/Millwall badges.

Bowyer is clearly sick at losing one of his best players - and this Aribo is a good player. He is silly with these comments but he has done a decent job with Charlton with their twat of an owner holding them back.

I hope Stevie G give Bowyer a wee slap next time their paths cross and reminds him of his place but I wouldn't put Charlton on the dislike list yet.

I remember being there when my mate handed a petition into 10 Downing Street, there were quite a few English loyalists there and a good few of them were Charlton fans

This is the Independent's football journalist. Aribo knows what he's doing

6b8bde56f0b4937c46ef6040f20b92f8.png

Stay at Charlton and work under Lee Bowyer while trying to battle for a mid table finish in the Championship.

Sign for Rangers and work under Steven Gerrard while going for a league title and playing in Europe infront of 50 thousand fans every home game.

Yeah tough decision Bowyer ya dick :confused:

Get it round ye!!!

Terry Butcher, Chris Woods, Trevor Steven, Gary Stevens, etc, etc, but let’s not split hairs - Bowyer is suggesting it’s a shit league that hinders the development of players.

Just the 30+ year gap there.

Bowyer is suggesting that it's a shit league that hinders development, as you say. Thats something that most Rangers fans agree with when it's not Bowyer using it to attack Rangers.

As has been covered I say Bowyer is a liar. Cross border fee versus English transfer fee is what irks Bowyer. Class managers don't put down other clubs without serious cause. Maybe Aribo should go to Preston like his other loss, because that's a right step up! Poor behaviour from Bowyer.

Charlton manager Lee Bowyer reckons Joe Aribo will be making a huge mistake if he signs for Rangers.

The midfielder, 23, has agreed a four-year contract with the Glasgow giants and is due to seal his switch pending a successful medical.

Bowyer accepts that the Addicks cannot match the terms on offer elsewhere for the Camberwell-born player. Southampton were also keen on a deal – which would have netted the newly-promoted Championship side some decent compensation.

Instead Aribo’s move to the Scottish Premier League will see minimal money heading Charlton’s way. But Bowyer is more annoyed that one of the most promising talents in English football is heading into a competition where Rangers and Celtic dominate.

“I worked so hard to get him to this situation he is in now,” said the Charlton manager. “It is about progression for him.

“So it’s a shame if he gets pushed to somewhere where it is not going to benefit him in his football career. If he goes to Rangers that is not the right place for him to go for his football career.

“You have got Rangers and Celtic who are massive clubs, I get that. And I get that Steven Gerrard was a great player, so that’s an attraction. Those two things are the attraction – but not everything else.

“It doesn’t make sense on the football side. When people from England go and play for Celtic and Rangers it is at the end of their careers. That’s because it is very rare you get a move from Rangers to the Premier League, and I don’t mean any disrespect by that.

“They might go from Rangers to the Championship, very rarely is it to the Premier League. For me he should stay in England and keep progressing. The move should benefit Joe.”

Charlton Athletic manager Lee Bowyer and Joe Aribo
Aribo’s departure will make it two high-profile exits in the past week of key men in Charlton’s play-off winning squad. Centre-back Patrick Bauer joined Preston North End last week. On Friday Bowyer met with Aribo, who was on non-league Staines’ books until he was recommended to Charlton development coach Jason Euell by Marcus Gayle in 2015.

Bowyer said: “For us to be able to compete financially with Rangers or any other team really, it is not possible unfortunately. It’s a completely different league to what we’re offering.

“I met and had a chat with Joe on Friday. I told him that if he was going to go, at least stay in England – because that is where the best football is. If you have got the opportunity to go and play Premier League football, then at least you are going to the best place.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/...ibo-making-a-mistake-if-he-signs-for-rangers/
oKE6KbD.jpg

Just the 30+ year gap there.

Bowyer is suggesting that it's a shit league that hinders development, as you say. Thats something that most Rangers fans agree with when it's not Bowyer using it to attack Rangers.

So we’ve been sold a dud with this guy then?

I mean, if he’s electing to play in the SPFL rather than the English Premiership he must be mental, right? Or pants? Or both?

Or . . , is Bowyer just speaking out of a big hole in his arse reamed by bitterness and ignorance?

We know it’s not the best league in the world, but it hasn’t prevented many a player going on to have lucrative and trophy laden careers elsewhere.

My money’s on Aribo to have Bowyer eating his words.

From outside looking in you could actually make sense of what he’s saying.
But then when you know anything about playing for Rangers and the demands of our club then it’s abundantly clear that a move to Rangers (or Celtic for that matter) is a massive challenge and if it goes well for you then you can find yourself at a bigger club than he’d get now, having experienced one of the fiercest Derby’s in the world and winning trophies all under intense pressure that you only really get at the top top English clubs, all while under the wing of 2 of the greatest midfielders of their respective countries recent pasts in Gerrard and McAllister.
Yes,thats a fair asessment.If he does really well a move to a big club in England can beckon.The wages come into it then.Saying that surely Southampton could out gun Rangers wages wise?Playing for SG and Gary Mc has got to a dream for young footballers.I'd say Gary Mc was as good as any over a long period.Gazza at his best was better Imo but being 2nd to Gazza isn't a bad thing!.Gary Mc was changing games for Liverpool and winning cups at the end of of his career.A wonderful footballer.Ran the show against Birmingham in the coca cola semi final at St Andrews for Leeds.Awesome.Lee Bowyer as a player was very,very underated imo though.No need to mention how good S.G was

Would rather this is announced soon and over the line before the beasts try and hijack it with turnbull deal falling through. Could see them try it and offering him a fortune to try get one up on us.

Would rather this is announced soon and over the line before the beasts try and hijack it with turnbull deal falling through. Could see them try it and offering him a fortune to try get one up on us.
Deal is done and he's Portugal bound according to 4Lads, who's been told that directly by the journalist out there with the squad. No chance of a hijack.

And him and Woodgate jumping on an Asian guys head( allegedly?
Bowyer was cleared mate IIRC.Showed no signs of any problems with ethnically different players @Blues.A top player with a great attitude on the pitch and no trouble off it

Didn't he play in the Battle Of Britain when we beat Leeds home and away ?
So he's a bitter shit,and he knows how big we are

Didn't he play in the Battle Of Britain when we beat Leeds home and away ?
So he's a bitter shit,and he knows how big we are
And possibly stood silent as Ian Ferguson bawled `Come on the Sons of William` in the tunnel at Elland Road before the second leg. :cool:
Within two minutes they were sunk. :)

Bowyer was cleared mate IIRC.Showed no signs of any problems with ethnically different players @Blues.A top player with a great attitude on the pitch and no trouble off it

Cleared in the criminal case, yes. Ended up paying £200k or so in damages in the civil case (balance of probabilities vs beyond reasonable doubt).

Cleared in the criminal case, yes. Ended up paying £200k or so in damages in the civil case (balance of probabilities vs beyond reasonable doubt).
I didn't know of the civil case.He should and could of signed for Blues a few years before he did come.A few of ours were giving it 'He,s a racist yada yada '.We should of signed him there and then.Think Big Eck signed Him.Eck wasn't the worst judge of a player

Another video of Aribo, this one a bit longer at 15mins

The boy is literally every where. Picking it up deep, left, right, in advanced areas. Tackling, driving with the ball, aerial power, slipping through balls, linking up, touch and controlled finishes... he has a crisp left foot.

If this was a video of a player from abroad, we would be even more excited.

Looks a right player.

Lost it today with a Charlton fan at work. They are so arrogant down here! Our waiting list is bigger than there average gate.

As for Bowyer what a clown. Hope they go down and he gets binned early doors

Get real mate.

Don’t see another Aribo thread anymore.

Do we have anyone on airport duty this morning? Wouldn’t think the big fella would get away with jetting in to Portugal from London without a single bear spotting him?

Isn't Aribo contracted to Charlton till 30thJune?
Possible sour grapes from them not allowing him to join us in Portugal?

Back