Lee McCulloch Heading To Hearts.

Great move for a guy who, in my opinion, is a Rangers legend.

And before anyone says anything- anyone who stayed for the climb back up the leagues has a huge place in our history, let alone one who also played in one of only 4 European finals in our history as well as winning 3 titles.

Just getting my justification in.

Good luck to him.

And before anyone says anything- anyone who stayed for the climb back up the leagues has a huge place in our history, let alone one who also played in one of only 4 European finals in our history as well as winning 3 titles.

Good luck to him.
Legend, wow absolutely no chance, legends of this great club are very few and far between I can assure you Lee comes a fair distance behind legends of our club, sorry

Legend, wow absolutely no chance, legends of this great club are very few and far between I can assure you Lee comes a fair distance behind legends of our club, sorry

Your opinion mate. I have mine. Jig's is partly due to special circumstances, much of which were off the park, but he deserves it on that basis. Had 2012 never happened, I wouldve agreed with you but his response to that was of a true Ranger.

he was picking up a fortune for that climb back!!

So what? The fascination we as a support have on us actually paying our players is embarrassing.

He had options to go elsewhere like your Naismiths and Whittakers and didn't. He also went into a meeting with administrators where it was reported he would be let go and he played for free to prevent this.

So let's keep the thread on track. I think he is a legend for staying. Others don't. That's fine. But let's not downplay the fact he actually stayed while others p*ssed off.

I can't be bothered with the whole legend debate on here as it's so subjective. Personally for me it's a no for McCulloch bit can understand other people's reasoning.

Turns out Jigs partner was the midwife who cared for my missus and our baby before and after the birth.

She let slip in the house on her final visit when I mentioned football and Rangers that her man was involved in coaching outwith Glasgow and when I asked if he was a bluenose she smirked and says no comment!!

Not once did she name drop him and the fact she still works full time shows how down to earth they are as a family.

All the best at Hearts big man

good luck to him
i'd imagine a few bad results and he'll be the target rather than former Hertz Neilson

Apparently he is an excellent coach - not that is a huge surprise but heard from a few boys he has coached in the past.

best of luck to him at Hearts

Good luck to him. He was a fine player for us, he did his job and won many trophies. I hope he can win more with Hearts

Best of luck Jig. I bet Penny Lancaster still watches her smartphone footage of this goal

288022.bin

Good luck Jig, lived the dream and stayed loyal in our darkest of days.

Limited player but certainly made the most of what he had. The haters and there were a few, can feck right off in my opinion.

Good luck to him.
Legend ? Remember him walking off the pitch at half time against the mockits 2-0 down having a laugh and joke on the way to the tunnel with them, as for not leaving who else was going to pay the wages he was on ? Probably one of our worst centre half's.

Good luck to the Big Man.

He was actually very well regarded as a coach at Killie. Think the managerial job came a bit too early for him but no doubts he can have a very good career in coaching/management ahead of him.

Interesting to see such a warm response to a player who, for a long time, was probably one of the most pilloried members of our squad on here.

Your opinion mate. I have mine. Jig's is partly due to special circumstances, much of which were off the park, but he deserves it on that basis. Had 2012 never happened, I wouldve agreed with you but his response to that was of a true Ranger.

Not to totally undermine his service during that time - it was to be admired, much like everyone's during that period - but let's not forget he was also picking up circa 18k a week for playing fourth tier Scottish football, not a bad gig.

Good luck to him.

More respect for Jig than many other 'favourites'.

Legend ? Remember him walking off the pitch at half time against the mockits 2-0 down having a laugh and joke on the way to the tunnel with them, as for not leaving who else was going to pay the wages he was on ? Probably one of our worst centre half's.
Wasn’t worse than cribari

Most people on FF despised him in his first season. Then he was injured for the majority of the next.

He probably cost about £15m in total. A couple of headers and a good 6 months post admin.

Still not entirely sure what his position was. A poor centre mid, an awful centre half, but did a job up front against shite. Maybe I’m being cruel but really can’t fathom the legend stuff.

always plenty among our support ready and willing to downplay any former player’s contribution, or throw stones because they were paid at a level determined by market forces.

All about differing opinions, but some of the negativity seems a little petty or based on jealousy

Back