Lee Wallace at QPR

My feelings on Lee are probably less popular so will keep them to myself but I am staggered he is still playing at QPR level. He looked done about 2 years ago.

Saddens me to see so many “Supporters” criticise the man. I’ve posted on here before that he’s family of mines, and, that’s the reason I tend to not get involved in these threads with idiots. Sorry, I mean “supporters”.

Footballers get criticised - even great ones.

Wallace seems like a good guy but he was very well paid and awarded the captaincy of Rangers FC without ever pulling up many trees.

He wasn't the best player to have put on our shirt, but his actions towards the club were always admirable. An absolute gentleman as well.

Those are exceptional circumstances though. He gave us his best years in the lower leagues of Scotland sacrificing his international career in the process, he could’ve easily gotten a similar wage (or close to it) in the championship. Generally you wouldn’t dare call a player with no honours here a legend, but given what he gave to us I can see why many do

Conversely though, he had a young family and didn't want to move South.

He was lucky in the sense that he was on a very good wage, compared to what he was on previously at Hearts. If it had been the case he was still at the Edinburgh club, he might have been forced South for a move to get those kind of wages which he didn't want to do.

I'm not slating him at all. He seems a decent person. His status is over played a bit for us all the same. I'm glad he stayed on all the same as we did need that link through 2012 and onwards.

I don't think that he sacrificed much though. It suited him just as much as it suited us.

Saddens me to see so many “Supporters” criticise the man. I’ve posted on here before that he’s family of mines, and, that’s the reason I tend to not get involved in these threads with idiots. Sorry, I mean “supporters”.

I don’t see any criticism really.

All I’m really seeing is folk saying he’s a great guy, well respected but not a legend.

If you can’t tolerate everyone not referring to him as a legend then maybe you’re right, you should stay away from Wallace threads as it’s clear you have a bias towards him

So were the others, they chose to run. Wallace stayed for the fight.

He was also offered a fortune to move on.

You would do well to remember the alternatives? Andy Mitchell - what an option that would have been...
Who offered him a fortune to move on? I dont remember this.

Who offered him a fortune to move on? I dont remember this.

Because he didn’t publicly whore himself about?

He could have easily commanded a similar wage in the English Championship.

Do you genuinely believe, a guy who was playing for a top club, at the right age, could not get a free transfer and healthy wage at a new club?

I genuinely think some look back on the likes of Naismith in better light.

You’ll look for any reason to discredit a player.

He could have gone, he stayed, he offered a degree of normality, he was one of very few who looked and acted like a Rangers player.

Some fans didn’t deserve the likes of Wallace, Alexander and McCulloch.

If the lad walked back into a full Ibrox tomorrow then you could properly evaluate where the support's opinion of him lay.
I can guarantee you he would be feted and adored.
Lee Wallace will be considered and recognised as a Ranger until the day he passes onto the big Ibrox in the sky.

Because he didn’t publicly whore himself about?

He could have easily commanded a similar wage in the English Championship.

Do you genuinely believe, a guy who was playing for a top club, at the right age, could not get a free transfer and healthy wage at a new club?

I genuinely think some look back on the likes of Naismith in better light.

You’ll look for any reason to discredit a player.

He could have gone, he stayed, he offered a degree of normality, he was one of very few who looked and acted like a Rangers player.

Some fans didn’t deserve the likes of Wallace, Alexander and McCulloch.
So he turned down hypothetical offers from championship clubs. Fine.

I dont dislike him at all btw, hope he does well and thought he was a good captain.

I just dont subscribe to the idea that every supporter needs to offer up inordinate gratitude everytime thier name is mentioned.

So he turned down hypothetical offers from championship clubs. Fine.

I dont dislike him at all btw, hope he does well and thought he was a good captain.

I just dont subscribe to the idea that every supporter needs to offer up inordinate gratitude everytime thier name is mentioned.

You know these are hypothetical how?

Are you disputing the interest from others?

Why would he not be met with plaudits? Because he stayed and played for the club you love?

What would you have rather he done? Or how would you prefer we did respond when his name is mentioned?

My feelings on Lee are probably less popular so will keep them to myself but I am staggered he is still playing at QPR level. He looked done about 2 years ago.

Truth be told Wallace hasn't looked anywhere near fit since Warburton's first season when he was absolutely flying.

Since our return in 2016 his form nosedived to the extent where we barely missed him when he was out for extended periods with injury.

You know these are hypothetical how?

Are you disputing the interest from others?

Why would he not be met with plaudits? Because he stayed and played for the club you love?

What would you have rather he done? Or how would you prefer we did respond when his name is mentioned?
I asked and you didnt give any specifics and implied he could have run down his contract and gone elsewhere.

Am I disputing interest from others? I dont know of any interest which is why I asked.

I applaud him for staying when others left and he made some laudable statements whilst club captain.

In terms of ability he’s was never anywhere near the likes of Borna and Papac

Never a legend and nowhere near legend status. Was he a good servant and loyal to the club? Of course he was. I’ve no complaints about Lee Wallace and sad it ended the way it did. However, over 250 appearances for us and some medals for the journey back are not to be sneezed it.

I asked and you didnt give any specifics and implied he could have run down his contract and gone elsewhere.

Am I disputing interest from others? I dont know of any interest which is why I asked.

There is one.

Brighton is also another.

To be honest, I was surprised that he went to the English Championship.

When he came on against Hibs for his last game and chased down a ball, from my memory it looked like he running in slow motion. To go down south to the Championship with their 400 games a season was strange for me.

He stuck with us in the lower leagues, ok he was well paid but he could have played in the top flight in Scotland and perhaps in the EPL. I certainly don't regard him as one of our great players but wish him well. He needs to stop conceding penalties after watching the Championship highlights this morning.

Back