Lee Wallace at QPR

He seems to take a lot of criticism on twitter. A lot of their fans think he's done. Any QPR fans on here can give a bit of insight?

He seems to take a lot of criticism on twitter. A lot of their fans think he's done. Any QPR fans on here can give a bit of insight?
Seems to play in a 3 man defence, which would suggest his pace has gone to play LB which with his athleticism was his biggest asset. Pure guesswork

I felt he was done at us and was shocked to see him still starting games at QPR. I know Warburton likes to move for his old players but it still surprised me that Wallace was one he went for. I thought Hearts might have been a logical move for him when he left Rangers

Kelly on the bench as well, they had a guy called Lumley(sp) keeping him out before now it seems they have a new goalie Dieng who i have never heard of.

I don’t know if Wallace was “past it” when he left us or if he just wasn’t that good enough for the top flight. He was about 29/30yr old when he left us so arguably at the peak of his career.

Excelled during his mid 20s through the lower leagues then struggled in the top flight at the age of 29.

So when he left us was he really past it or just not good enough?

I don’t know if Wallace was “past it” when he left us or if he just wasn’t that good enough for the top flight. He was about 29/30yr old when he left us so arguably at the peak of his career.

Excelled during his mid 20s through the lower leagues then struggled in the top flight at the age of 29.

So when he left us was he really past it or just not good enough?

He was about to turn 32 when he left us and had spent the best part of the previous few seasons struggling with injuries. He was done.

He'd played seven seasons in the top flight in Scotland before we were down the leagues.

Like many I think the injury suffered has left him a shadow of the player he was in his prime. Not that he was ever a world beater, but he was a lot better than he’s showing now.

Lot of time for Wallace and glad he's managed to continue his career at a really good level for a couple of seasons after leaving us. He's not in the best run of form, cest la vie. It's QPR so hardly life or death. I imagine he'll be back up at Hearts either in Jan or next summer.

He was paid a fortune for mediocrity - why wouldn't be stay?

Because he could have left and got a nice wage in the championship at a far higher level in his prime and had a shot at keeping his international career going.

Really boils my piss the way everyone gave it the “stayed for the fight, legend” chat then the minute we’re back in a reasonable condition in the SPL it was “aye well he was just staying to take an easy wage he wasn’t doing us any favours really”. Really shite way to look at it in my opinion.

Legend.

Not even up for debate.

Stayed for the fight when others ran. For that alone, he should be held in high regard.

I think the word legend gets handed out too easily these days

He stayed for the fight - true. However, IIRC his mrs had just given birth therefore staying settled with us and at home whilst earning a very generous wage with us also would have suited him.

He did stay though so he gets my respect for that.

He was also decent enough for us and got the club. Despite us having no real success during his spell, I can’t blame him for that as he was fairly consistent for us.

I just find it difficult calling a player a legend despite winning nothing with us

He stayed for the fight - true. However, IIRC his mrs had just given birth therefore staying settled with us and at home whilst earning a very generous wage with us also would have suited him.

He was also decent enough for us and got the club. Despite us having no real success during his spell, I can’t blame him for that as he was fairly consistent for us.

I just find it difficult calling a player a legend despite winning nothing with us

Those are exceptional circumstances though. He gave us his best years in the lower leagues of Scotland sacrificing his international career in the process, he could’ve easily gotten a similar wage (or close to it) in the championship. Generally you wouldn’t dare call a player with no honours here a legend, but given what he gave to us I can see why many do

5 years of earning more money for his family in the English Championship whilst getting into Scotland squads and having greater job security was a far more attractive proposition. He chose to stay when many others wouldn’t (and didn’t).

Absolutely love Lee Wallace.

Some amount of wee gimps on here and Twitter trying to get a name for themselves for talking absolute shite about him without ever knowing what really happened, it’s an actual embarrassment.

Deserves to be spoken about in much higher regard than he currently is.

I’d also add that I have a lot of respect for Wallace for the way he conducted himself

I also felt he was harshly treated along with Miller by the board after the Murty nonsense

But I just struggle to label him a legend given his trophy count with us was zero

He is nowhere near legend status let's be honest. I say that as a fan of him.

I remember having arguments with people before we got shafted into the lower divisions when people claimed he wasn't good enough and I felt like I was one of the few people that rated him.

He looked a world beater against part timers but when we got back to the big leagues he was done.

Played his part in the journey and I wish him well but he is nowhere near a real legend like John Greig or Andy Goram etc

He is nowhere near legend status let's be honest. I say that as a fan of him.

I remember having arguments with people before we got shafted into the lower divisions when people claimed he wasn't good enough and I felt like I was one of the few people that rated him.

He looked a world beater against part timers but when we got back to the big leagues he was done.

Played his part in the journey and I wish him well but he is nowhere near a real legend like John Greig or Andy Goram etc

My sentiments exactly mate. I think hes proved hes a topper of a guy, great servant. Wish him well and hes welcome back anytime. Legend? Not for me. Each to their own however.

Not the best of nights for Wallace, he was responsible for giving away two pens tonight at home in a 2 nil defeat to Preston North End!

5 years of earning more money for his family in the English Championship whilst getting into Scotland squads and having greater job security was a far more attractive proposition. He chose to stay when many others wouldn’t (and didn’t).
Everyone who left gets criticised.
Everyone who stayed gets it too.
Go figure.

Kelly on the bench as well, they had a guy called Lumley(sp) keeping him out before now it seems they have a new goalie Dieng who i have never heard of.
Dieng was on loan at Doncaster a couple of seasons ago, good keeper!

Wallace as he got older seems to be one of them players who needs to be playing week in and week out before he can play well and show what he can do.

Problem is with injurys niggles etc he never seems to get a run of 15-20 games.

He comes across as a decent guy... but, let's be honest, he was never of a proper Rangers standard as a player – and he's certainly not a legend.
His legs are evidently gone but when he was fit enough he got up and down the park brilliantly a real good engine like Tav and Borna but seems he's lost that and isn't anywhere near the player he was I think he was good enough to be a rangers player when he signed but if the circumstances were different I doubt he'd ever have been club captain

Back