Lee Wallace on Saturday

For people wondering why bring nostalgia and acknowledgment into the trophy day celebrations, I personally just feel it marks the end of a journey; closure on a era that many built us up by, step by step.

I appreciate people saying it is solely the teams achievement, and it is; but acknowledgment isn't that hard and would be a graceful way to get it up all the haters.
Mate, they played their part in our history but that's where they should remain, in the story of our history. Wallace and others were well paid for staying at the club, however fair play that he, among others stayed on but we move on with appreciation

Nah, not for me.

His story was getting us to the Premiership again from League 2.

He’s got absolutely nothing to do with this Title Win.
We stopped 10 in a row but we also finally completed the journey back from the dark days when we got shafted and booted down the leagues which a few can rightly be well thought of for their part in getting us here.
On this very board we loved the few that stayed saying they will be forever legends for their loyalty etc etc before a fair few cast them aside with snide digs of they stayed for the easy money etc a few years down the line.
Plenty of hypocrites around

We stopped 10 in a row but we also finally completed the journey back from the dark days when we got shafted and booted down the leagues which a few can rightly be well thought of for their part in getting us here.
On this very board we loved the few that stayed saying they will be forever legends for their loyalty etc etc before a fair few cast them aside with snide digs of they stayed for the easy money etc a few years down the line.
Plenty of hypocrites around
No one is being cast aside as you put it but this about the here and now and a celebration of the current squad and their achievement of this season.They were players of the club who played their part and for that like many before them they will and are appreciated for the service they gave the club

Given how an important player Lee was for us during our turbulent years.
Plus QPR’s season is over.
I’d love to see Lee invited as a very special guest on Saturday.
He was a major part in getting us back to where we are.
He deserves that credit.
Lest not turn it into a carnival, ficus on the match and becoming the invincibles, the icing on the cake

Where would it stop tho? Warburton? Pedro? They all played their part, badly or with best intentions to get us back.

Gerrard and his players and the ones who stuck by him got us 55.

I get the sentiment but not for me.

Nah, not for me.

His story was getting us to the Premiership again from League 2.

He’s got absolutely nothing to do with this Title Win.
Absolutely Disagree, he saw us through a time, when the vast majority of Scottish Football wanted us dead and buried. He took a stance against Supposed Rangers Players that let Us Down Badly whilst we had a Mouse of a stand in Manager, that shouldn’t be with us.

Not for Saturday.

Maybe flag day, but that would only be acceptable if every ST holder was allowed in as well.

50k bears with Super and Wallace there as well would be brilliant.

Wallace will be welcomed back at some stage and he'll get the acknowledgment and goodbye he deserved

No one is being cast aside as you put it but this about the here and now and a celebration of the current squad and their achievement of this season.They were players of the club who played their part and for that like many before them they will and are appreciated for the service they gave the club
So we show appreciation by letting them fade into the past and by not inviting them back to celebrate their part of the journey back especially the ones who stayed when we were voted out of the top league by the vermin?

The SG 55rs will and should be remembered and celebrated as the legends that completed our return to the top but there is absolutely no reason imo why we cant at least invite and welcome any former player from this unjust period who wishes to come and join the celebrations even if in the background on the 55rs achievement of winning one of if not the most important titles in our long history dont you think?

Last edited:
Not for Saturday.

Maybe flag day, but that would only be acceptable if every ST holder was allowed in as well.

50k bears with Super and Wallace there as well would be brilliant.

Wallace will be welcomed back at some stage and he'll get the acknowledgment and goodbye he deserved
I just posted my thoughts but now that you mention it on second thoughts flag day for those who took part on our journey could be invited that is a good and may be a more popular idea?

Last edited:
100%

Wallace (like McCulloch, Neil Alexander, Templeton) stayed with us from the top to the bottom. Although let’s not pretend they weren’t handsomely rewarded for it. Fair play that’s their career and the rightfully got every penny that their contracts merited.

Also similarly to Kiernan, Law, Shiels, Holt.... they ticked a box and done a job at a particular time.

This title win is all about this group of players.
On reflection of my own post perhaps an invite to those who shared the journey could be invited on flag day as suggested by Wade Wilson albeit Wade may have meant a select few?

I’m sorry but the guys who were overpaid to beat inferior players in lower leagues are due some credit, but nothing in the same ballpark as these legends who have overturned a Scum team who were rampant, winning 4 trebles* in a row, to now lead them by 23 points in our march to 55.

I definitely appreciate the efforts of those in our darks days to get the job done but I don’t think they should be sharing the limelight on trophy day of those who earned us No. 55. There can be a time to remember all those who chipped in over the past decade, but let’s be in no doubt, this current squad of players and management overcame a gargantuan gap (remember tail end of season before Gerrard took over much?) in such an elaborate fashion and they deserve every bit of love and adoration they will receive on trophy day and probably for the rest of their lives; knowing how well our fantastic support treat our heroes.

I cannot understate the love and pride I have for our current squad and hope this coming trophy day, even in this strange time we live in, will be one to remember forever.

WATP! :D

So we show appreciation by letting them fade into the past and by not inviting them back to celebrate their part of the journey back especially the ones who stayed when we were voted out of the top league by the vermin?

The SG 55rs will and should be remembered and celebrated as the legends that completed our return to the top but there is absolutely no reason imo why we cant at least invite and welcome any former player from this unjust period who wishes to come and join the celebrations even if in the background on the 55rs achievement of winning one of if not the most important titles in our long history dont you think?
The OP stated for Lee Wallace to be invited as a 'very special guest', why should that be. He is a part of our history just like any other player and not just players from 2012 either. The club history and foundation is from 1872, not 2012.
Wallace stayed out of choice and fair play to him for that but to herald him as a 'very special guest' imo there is no justification, however i have absolutely no problem in any ex- player being there as a guest of the club but in no way participate in the acceptance of the trophy, that honour is for the club captain, although I would like to see Shona Jardine present the trophy in memory of her husband who did far more for the club throughout his life and career as a Ranger than many others.

Last edited:
The OP stated got Lee Wallace to be invited as a 'very special guest', why should that be. He is a part of our history just like any other player and not just players from 2012 either. The club history and foundation is from 1872, not 2012.
Wallace stayed out of choice and fair play to him for that but to herald him as a 'very special guest' imo there is no justification, however i have absolutely no problem in any ex- player being there as a guest of the club but in no way participate in the acceptance of the trophy, that honour is for the club captain, although I would like to see Shona Jardine present the trophy in memory of her husband who did far more for the club throughout his life and career as a Ranger than many others.
With respect 2012 was unprecedented due to the unjust way we were kicked out the league that period between 2012 is a part and I stress the word part of our long history and due to the circumstances and attempts to kill us off which failed, this period in our history was a fight for survival and to get back to where we belong in our premier league!

2012 was mentioned because it was the start of our recovery and fight to get back to being the number 1 club in the country! Good, bad, indifferent or for whatever reason the players before the SG 55rs completed our return played their own parts and I for one and on reflection of an earlier post would welcome an invitation for any of those past players who would like to attend celebrations on flag day if they have that free time to do so?

I like your suggestion of honouring Sandy with Shona Jardine presenting the trophy!

It isn't fair to say that it is just about this season. Players who have contributed in past seasons have helped us get into a position where we could improve our squad and deliver fifty-five. I'm thinking particularly about Gerrard's first season when we had no right to go as far as we did. Katic played a lot that year - but hasn't featured this season. Is he undeserving?

Not for me. And that's not a slight on Wallace.

Only the players that won this title should be involved in the celebrations.
Same with me, keep seeing people
Saying the same about Halliday aswell. I hope big Katic is here from the celebrations, was unlucky to get injured but he’s still part of the squad, even Brandon barker aswell as he played quite a bit at the start and scored a couple of goals.

Not for me

Wallace played his part years ago and it should be left at that.

I could see us perhaps asking McCoist to present the trophy like Liverpool did with Dalglish last year.

I'd like us to have something like that whether it's McCoist or another.
That would be my choice
After everything that went down in 2012 and how he was the lone voice preventing title stripping it would be apt.

I don’t think he was a good manager and his tactics were baffling at times however no manager has had to deal with what he did while trying to do his job.
He was holding the club together single handedly at one point.

Just invite everyone along?

Never understood why so many feel ex players should be there. Saturday is all about the current players that have delivered this season.

This is my opinion as well.

Whilst Lee was an admirable servant for the club and I have the utmost respect for the man he never achieved anything of note playing for us.

I certainly feel he will be honoured in some way in the future for the career sacrifice he made to help us kick start our journey back to the top.

This weekend is not that time.

Haven't see Bomber mentioned - he did more than most in our darkest days, but i’d imagine he’s not the kind of guy to celebrate something he wasn’t directly involved in. We’ll remember them, that’s enough.

If he'd left this January, and had at least contributed to the squad in some way for the title winning season then I'd back this idea 100%.

He left two seasons ago. He's got nothing to do with what the team managed this season. Like it or not, the likes of Jones has more right (and he won't be there either).

I like the idea of someone like John Greig handing over the trophy mind you.

When we are able to get 50k back in Ibrox we should have a celebration day. We could have a match against someone, the players could parade the trophy and we could invite some of the key contributors over the last few years such as McCoist

This weekend is all about the current players and management team

I like Wallace and hope that one day he will be asked to come along for a proper send off. Will be nice for the fans to show their appreciation

Saturday is about this seasons squad though, it’s about the lads who have done it on the pitch for us this year

He sort of got one when he come off the bench at home to Aberdeen end of season 18/19

This is a poignant title for us but it's Gerrard and this squads title win, not Lee Wallace's, McCoist or Halliday's.

The time for sentiment over this ever recurring theme ends on Saturday at 3pm and we move on to looking at 56.

Back