Lee Wallace on Saturday

Not for me, I think he was a good player for us and stayed when many left but I think we should concentrate on those who have done it this season

Jardine 2 on the players shirts as they lift the trophy ? He did a lot for us when very ill , the least we could do .

You can’t fault Wallace for staying I guess but what realistically was he getting offered that was better?

Wallace was on money he’d never earned in his life at rangers and was still doing so in the 3rd division

It’s hardly the mental sacrifice people go on about

Lee Wallace seems to have taken on some sort of scarcely deserved legendary status. He was paid handsomely to hammer jobber teams which to his credit he did fine. On the other hand him and his pal Miller were very disruptive when they didn't get their own way towards the end of his time.

He goes down as a solid Rangers player in my book. Somewhere in the middle in terms of captains.

Really like Lee Wallace but no interest in him being any part of the celebrations at Ibrox on Saturday.

I don't see why an ex player should get some sort of special recognition with guys like Katic looking on.

Lee Wallace seems to have taken on some sort of scarcely deserved legendary status. He was paid handsomely to hammer jobber teams which to his credit he did fine. On the other hand him and his pal Miller were very disruptive when they didn't get their own way towards the end of his time.

He goes down as a solid Rangers player in my book. Somewhere in the middle in terms of captains.
My take exactly. He did reasonably well in a situation he could hardly fail in, when things started to become much more difficult he didnt really play the Captain's role as should.

Putting aside the blame game, the fact the situation was then allowed to fester I think was particularly bad and if he cared as much as some posters seem to suggest it wouldnt have happened.

No harm to the fella, wish him well but lets not make him into something he was not.

Nah, not for me.

His story was getting us to the Premiership again from League 2.

He’s got absolutely nothing to do with this Title Win.
aOqj3C3.gif

M
Given how an important player Lee was for us during our turbulent years.
Plus QPR’s season is over.
I’d love to see Lee invited as a very special guest on Saturday.
He was a major part in getting us back to where we are.
He deserves that credit.
Me too he stayed when they all left a sinking ship

No need for any of the former players to be there - if the JWG rules for football even allowed it. I suspect we will still be restricted to the numbers/people who have been there through the season.

Sad to read some of the comments on Lee Wallace, in particular. Thought I'd strayed onto a Tranny Army forum for a minute. There really is no need.

Given how an important player Lee was for us during our turbulent years.
Plus QPR’s season is over.
I’d love to see Lee invited as a very special guest on Saturday.
He was a major part in getting us back to where we are.
He deserves that credit.
Are you really Lee?

Why not the supporters?

They have been there every second of the way, when others failed!

No big contracts, no big ego's, just pure adulation and true love for this great,
and mighty club thru the thick and the thin!
on the way we let the world know! This club too us, is just like kin.

So step up you proud people that refused to let the "Immortal" Teddy Bears die!

And when they give out the medals to the team in blue, put one aside in the
trophy room for the supporters that never ever thought of leaving you.

Rangers till I die.

My take exactly. He did reasonably well in a situation he could hardly fail in, when things started to become much more difficult he didnt really play the Captain's role as should.

Putting aside the blame game, the fact the situation was then allowed to fester I think was particularly bad and if he cared as much as some posters seem to suggest it wouldnt have happened.

No harm to the fella, wish him well but lets not make him into something he was not.

This - he never rose to the challenge when the going got tough. He was awful in Luxembourg. One of worst 90 minutes from a Rangers captain I've ever seen.

Stayed with us and did well in the lower leagues, I’ll give him credit where it’s due for that.

However, he was the captain and leader of some of the worst Rangers sides we are ever likely to see in our lifetime. He played his part in some absolutely atrocious displays and results too.

He’s got nothing to do with this team winning this title. He, nor anyone else outwith this squad, should be near the celebrations inside Ibrox on Saturday.

I get the point with Ally as he more than most stood up for us when the bar stewards wanted to take our titles . Without that there would be no 55

Lee Wallace wasn't really a good player but he is a Rangers legend. Him staying was a hugely symbolic moment which demonstrated that someone in the prime of his career was prepared to play for us at a time he could easily have jumped ship.

That was important to ensuring we were taken seriously and must have kept faith in the dressing room during those dark times.

Without his influence I believe our road back would have been much longer. No he didn't contribute to 55 directly but he accelerated it.

I think it may be more appropriate when we unfurl the flag. Wallace, McCulloch and McCoist, who were there at the start of the journey.

I don't think I ever got to hear the reason for the fall out. I know he left under a bit of a cloud but whenever I tried to look into it, it was all hush hush.

I like Lee Wallace but Saturday should be about celebrating the current squad who won this league.

Saturday's trophy day is for the current squad (or at least all those from this season) and management - no ex-players should be there

I was always a bit so-so about Wallace.. I felt he probably stayed because there weren’t many alternatives for him for whatever reason.

That said... he diligently stuck to the task and provided leadership through those tricky seasons in the lower tiers. He has played a significant part in getting Rangers back to this point.

As someone said in an early post, something doesn’t quite fit with the treatment of Wallace and Miller over that incident at Hampden. I think those two challenges the attitude of their coaches and some of their teammates in the interests of making Rangers better, and for whatever reason that say their cards marked.

Lee Wallace deserves a proper send-off at some point - so do many others.
Maybe the flag unfurling in August is a better opportunity to get some of the players who saw us through those years on to the pitch at a significant moment?

Lee Wallace wasn't really a good player but he is a Rangers legend. Him staying was a hugely symbolic moment which demonstrated that someone in the prime of his career was prepared to play for us at a time he could easily have jumped ship.

That was important to ensuring we were taken seriously and must have kept faith in the dressing room during those dark times.

Without his influence I believe our road back would have been much longer. No he didn't contribute to 55 directly but he accelerated it.
This by a mile.

Short memories for some on here.

The Rangers fans were the most important player during our turbulent times.

If we are not allowed in the stadium to celebrate it, then why should Lee Wallace be ?

Don't really care much about Lee Wallace these days tbh. Yes he stuck by us in the lower leagues, but I never particularly rated him as a player, and where else would he have gone? Doubt he would've got anywhere near the EPL. Had a few good seasons in the lower leagues, but never had a particularly great season in the top flight for us. English Championship always struck me as his ceiling in terms of ability.

Wish him all the best but don't really get the clamour to involve average players like Waldo & Halliday in this season's title win. We've moved on from those players for a reason.
I see your point, but some of those players were the building blocks to today. Haliday was vice Capitan under Gerrard cause Although not good enough, he set the standard at the club, understood what it meant to be a fan.. that but the journey. There are a few others who I think played that role, particularly under Warburton

Don't really care much about Lee Wallace these days tbh. Yes he stuck by us in the lower leagues, but I never particularly rated him as a player, and where else would he have gone? Doubt he would've got anywhere near the EPL. Had a few good seasons in the lower leagues, but never had a particularly great season in the top flight for us. English Championship always struck me as his ceiling in terms of ability.

Wish him all the best but don't really get the clamour to involve average players like Waldo & Halliday in this season's title win. We've moved on from those players for a reason.

Could have went to the championship (where he is right now as a lesser player than he was then) and earned more money and kept his international career going too. More money and a far higher level of football.

We’ve got some really ungrateful fans that’s for sure. Fickle too, at the time he was absolutely lauded for staying when others couldn’t wait to escape, fast forward a few years and it was “he was being well paid so who cares”.

Nah, not for me.

His story was getting us to the Premiership again from League 2.

He’s got absolutely nothing to do with this Title Win.

Saturday isn’t just about this league title though is it? It’s the conclusion to nearly a decade of hell. The men who stood by us in 2012 should never ever be forgotten. They might not have won us the league this year but the ones who stayed were the very foundation this was built upon. We might not have had a club if every player had left back then. I’m not saying he needs to be there but you can’t erase him from the part of the journey that brought us here and players like him should never be forgotten

What a load of nonsense in all honesty.

whilst we’re at it, bring Grezda back over for it as well then?

Did Grezda stick by us in our darkest ever hour? Was he instrumental in giving the fans hope that we still had a club in 2012? Naw but Wallace was. Him staying was a beacon of hope back then. Insane how many people seem to have forgotten about this fundamental period just because we are basking in glory now. Grezda was a flop. Wallace was a Rangers man who stuck it out at the very moment the future looked bleak. Comparing the two is insanity

Back