Lee Wallace QPR interview

So at the age of 31 and with a pregnant wife Wallace finds a decent club in England

Kinda slaps down a lot of bullshit merchants on here who claimed as a 24 year old Scotland international he wasn't good enough to move down south in 2012

And that his wife wouldn't let him go because she was pregnant or had a young family

Well done on your move Lee and thank you for your loyalty to my club at a time when so called Rangers men disappeared like snow off a dyke

May good fortune always follow you

A hero who was ultimately treated shabbily by the club - who STILL haven't thanked him or wished him well on their official channels

I don't mean to be a negative bastard during such a positive time for us especially after what has happened in the last 10 year but.....

It is embarrassing that Lee Wallace has not had any big goodbye from the club. Really disappointed in Rangers.

Last edited:
So at the age of 31 and with a pregnant wife Wallace finds a decent club in England

Kinda slaps down a lot of bullshit merchants on here who claimed as a 24 year old Scotland international he wasn't good enough to move down south in 2012

And that his wife wouldn't let him go because she was pregnant or had a young family

Well done on your move Lee and thank you for your loyalty to my club at a time when so called Rangers men disappeared like snow off a dyke

A hero who was ultimately treated shabbily by the club - who STILL haven't thanked him or wished him well on their official channels
I agree he should be respected for his commitment to the club but playing devil’s advocate, moving at 31, with an established family would be easier than moving at 24, with what I imagine would have been a first pregnancy? He would also be far more financially stable.

I am not seeking an argument bud, just trying to see if there is perspective in it all?

He's a top lad and a decent player. He's just not good enough for where we should be, no malice intended there. Wish him all the best, he'll be a good signing for qpr.

People saying they're embarrassed by the club's conduct over this. We don't know the full story so I'm trusting Rangers on this one.

Good luck Lee and cheers for the service.

Pretty poor from the club that a statement or even acknowledgement of Wallace hasn’t been released, taking away all the arguments he done his bit for the club when it mattered and was a rock when needed.

We’ve only heard whispers Of what happened with Murty in the dressing room.

For me Lee Wallace will always be remembered as a legend of the club, rightly or wrongly.

A select few will know what went on behind the scenes and while I am thankful to Lee Wallace for his service to the club when other's scattered I am also forgiving of the fact that Graeme Murty had to be backed as the manager of the club at the time (Murty should never have been the manager of Rangers at any time).

In conclusion this could have been handled better by both parties but Lee Wallace signed his own death warrant when he took legal action against the club, there was no coming back from that.

No it doesn't, he had never worked for Mark Warburton before 2012, I like Lee Wallace but that proves hee haw mate, you could just as easily say it proves Warburton knows a defender when he sees one. Do you think that's true? It's still possible she might not have wanted to move in 2012 but has regretted it ever since and doesn't want to make the same mistake again. Rangers legends don't take legal action against Rangers.

People saying they're embarrassed by the club's conduct over this. We don't know the full story so I'm trusting Rangers on this one.

Good luck Lee and cheers for the service.

It was a strange situation. Dave King does not say a lot but publicly thanked Murty at the end of the season. Yet not a mention of Miller or Wallace. Strange.

A select few will know what went on behind the scenes and while I am thankful to Lee Wallace for his service to the club when other's scattered I am also forgiving of the fact that Graeme Murty had to be backed as the manager of the club at the time (Murty should never have been the manager of Rangers at any time).

In conclusion this could have been handled better by both parties but Lee Wallace signed his own death warrant when he took legal action against the club, there was no coming back from that.

He never took legal action against the club
He defended himself against a punishment which he considered excessive and unfair.
It's a right any employee has
He won his case.

Thereafter the club treated him dispicably.

He never took legal action against the club
He defended himself against a punishment which he considered excessive and unfair.
It's a right any employee has
He won his case.

Thereafter the club treated him dispicably.

Which case did he win if he never took legal action against the club?

I doubt we'll ever know the full story in this pretty weird episode in our history - & without any substantial facts to deduce from - I for one will treat it as a mystery beyond understanding

Meantime - I'd just like to thank LW for his contribution when it was most needed - it really was appreciated Lee

Back