Lee Wallace signs for QPR

Good luck Lee Wallace!!

All the very best, treated appallingly by the Club!

ITK or what ? Spill the beans bud.
Lee Wallace was a good player and Captain for us but not great and no legend. He fell foul of the club but was paid very well during his latter days with us. Not sure if Gerrard was told not to consider him ( doubtful ) or if he wasn’t deemed fit or good enough ( more likely ). However I don’t think you know that either.
Good luck to Lee Wallace and thanks for staying when others didn’t. But let’s all move on eh ?

I’ll be surprised, pleasantly so, if this move works out for him. The general view is that his legs have gone and his tireless ability to get up and down that left side was his biggest attribute. But I hope he finds some success there.

Agree with many others; I’ll never, ever have anything other than a positive view of Lee Wallace. Whatever his reasons, he stood as a figure of continuity through admin, demotion, corporate malfeasance and, ultimately, a return to being competitive once again under Gerrard. He conducted himself incredibly well in public and I believe did a lot outside of his “work” for the community and various charities (RSEA included)

For those who judge him based on whatever went on after the semi-final; try to remember how you felt that day. I stood in our end at Hampden right to the final whistle, and it was devastating. Humiliating. I had an 8 hour journey home on my own after it, and when I got there my wife says I was still in most angry and upset she’d ever seen me after a game. In the seconds after the final whistle none of us who care would have reacted well to anything. I don’t see that as a reason to dismiss 8 years loyal service. Especially when you see what the other players have to say about his influence even since.

Best of luck to Lee, hopefully he gets to see 55 with the rest of us soon and know he played his part in the journey to it.

ITK or what ? Spill the beans bud.
Lee Wallace was a good player and Captain for us but not great and no legend. He fell foul of the club but was paid very well during his latter days with us. Not sure if Gerrard was told not to consider him ( doubtful ) or if he wasn’t deemed fit or good enough ( more likely ). However I don’t think you know that either.
Good luck to Lee Wallace and thanks for staying when others didn’t. But let’s all move on eh ?

I’ve moved on, but I think it’s blatantly obvious that he was treated unfairly and wasn’t going to play or we wouldn’t have been subjected to Halliday winging it in that position.

Share holders as the next AGM has to raise this issue as a matter of urgency and respect.:(

Thank you Captain Lee Wallace for being a true Ger and a Hero to many. All the best to you and your family. :))

I’ll be surprised, pleasantly so, if this move works out for him. The general view is that his legs have gone and his tireless ability to get up and down that left side was his biggest attribute. But I hope he finds some success there.

Agree with many others; I’ll never, ever have anything other than a positive view of Lee Wallace. Whatever his reasons, he stood as a figure of continuity through admin, demotion, corporate malfeasance and, ultimately, a return to being competitive once again under Gerrard. He conducted himself incredibly well in public and I believe did a lot outside of his “work” for the community and various charities (RSEA included)

For those who judge him based on whatever went on after the semi-final; try to remember how you felt that day. I stood in our end at Hampden right to the final whistle, and it was devastating. Humiliating. I had an 8 hour journey home on my own after it, and when I got there my wife says I was still in most angry and upset she’d ever seen me after a game. In the seconds after the final whistle none of us who care would have reacted well to anything. I don’t see that as a reason to dismiss 8 years loyal service. Especially when you see what the other players have to say about his influence even since.

Best of luck to Lee, hopefully he gets to see 55 with the rest of us soon and know he played his part in the journey to it.

That’s a great post.

Well said

Back