Lee Wallace signs for QPR

He goes with my best wishes. Have to say though that is a tremendous move for him. I don't even think he's good enough for the SPL let alone championship.

Dare I say it but are Scottish players coming back into fashion again in England?

Best of British to him stood by us in our hour of need.
Hate slagging Rangers but not acknowledging him leaving from our official accounts is out of order imo.

Good luck to him. He stuck by us and helped us through some really dark times on the pitch, and for that he will always have my gratitude. Would like to see him back at Ibrox in some capacity one day in the future

Although we all knew he’d leave I can’t help but feel an overwhelming sense of sadness. The way this man conducted himself as a Ranger, the way he spoke about our club and our fans was something really special. Always felt he would be repaid for all the sacrifices he made by lifting 55.

Some things aren’t meant to be but his role in our clubs history should never be downplayed or forgotten. He should be proud of the man he is and what he did for this club whilst others quite happily would have let us rot.

A Rangers legend, an icon of Ibrox.

Thank you for everything, Captain.

I'm full of admiration for King and co. for everything they have done for Rangers FC. I and every supporter will be forever in debt to everyone involved currently.

They will however, always have a black mark against them because of the way they have treated Wallace. It's nothing short of pathetic and unbecoming of the club we all know and love.

The fact they haven't even acknowledged the man is disgusting. And it won't be forgotten

Lovely and classy words from Tavernier and Katic, they clearly have the utmost respect for Wallace both as a colleague and as a man. Shame a few here can’t follow suit, a few posts just scream “damnit, please fail!”

Very disappointed in the club too, but I suppose it’s the price Wallace pays for having went against the zip chewer and ultimately won.

Anyway, best wishes to Wallace, he might no longer have it as a player, but he’s always come across as a thoroughly decent bloke and more importantly, he carried himself with class and dignity when he was our captain.

Really quite poor that the club haven't acknowledged wallace's departure.

Was just about to say the same, some of the past players who’ve contributed the grand total of %^*& all still get a message etc yet a man who’s been here 9 years, captained the club, stayed with us during our darkest times, by accounts of young and established players was a leader & example for them, doesn’t even warrant a customary goodbye. Yes he took the club to a tribunal & going by the outcome rightly so. If that’s the reason the club hasn’t done anything it’s petty & imo lacks the class & dignity that Rangers are supposed to show.

He'll likely be back playing the 20-21 season up here or retired. Surprised if Warburton lasts one full season as well.

Wallace is arguably our worst ever long term Captain. Despite the background trauma we didn't win any major trophies and 2 attempts to get out of the championship. A steady left back though.

He stuck with us when others didn't. I wish him all the best in this next stage of his career. Thank you Lee.

Just noticed the words by Katic.

Absolutely brilliant. Shows the professionalism of Wallace.

I doubt they even played together? Still, brilliant to read

He goes with my best wishes. Have to say though that is a tremendous move for him. I don't even think he's good enough for the SPL let alone championship.

Dare I say it but are Scottish players coming back into fashion again in England?

I go to Championship games every week. It is vastly overrated on here, for some bizarre reason.

Lee Wallace will be absolutely fine at QPR.

Katic words just show how much of a class act Wallace was around that squad. I hope he has a good go at in the championship! Good luck Lee and all the best.

Delighted for the man and wish him all the very best but I have to admit I still can't quite get my head around why the club let him leave in such ignominy!
The whole episode is a lesson on how NOT to resolve internal disciplinary issues.
If handled properly and he had to leave, we could have benefitted from his ability on the pitch and received a large sum when he was sold on if we used a bit of common sense and played our cards correctly.
We screwed this up spectacularly and I really hope we never make the same mistakes again.
All the best skipper and good luck!

Was just about to say the same, some of the past players who’ve contributed the grand total of %^*& all still get a message etc yet a man who’s been here 9 years, captained the club, stayed with us during our darkest times, by accounts of young and established players was a leader & example for them, doesn’t even warrant a customary goodbye. Yes he took the club to a tribunal & going by the outcome rightly so. If that’s the reason the club hasn’t done anything it’s petty & imo lacks the class & dignity that Rangers are supposed to show.
King and the club know what happened before the Old Firm semi. The fact that Wallace and Miller won their tribunals does not mean that all of a sudden Rangers view their behaviour as befitting of any Rangers players far less a captain and a senior player. Contrast that with King noting at the AGM that Murty was his Rangers man of the year. To expect a pat on the back for Wallace on the way out the door is naive in the extreme. Viewing the club’s lack of comment on Wallace’s departure as some sort of lack of class on the part of the club really isn’t something worth agonising over.

I’ve seen many ‘absolute disgraces’ recently - this on a scale of disgraces, really isn’t one.
Don't talk shite,he was a loyal servant to the club through our darkest times and stood by the club when we needed him most,he could have easily just walked away and signed for someone else,treated like absolute shite and still he has never said a bad word about the club,that's what you call loyalty.

Lee Wallace was also one of a rare breed of footballers where it wasn't all about the money,but more importantly the club he played for and loved his time at Ibrox,pretty sad that nobody at the club could even take the time to wish him well and thank him for his services to the club,that's quite the boot in the balls to a player who stuck by the club through both good and bad.

So yes it is a disgrace.

Great words from Tav and Katic. That's all LW needs. The support also demonstrated what they thought in his final appearance at Ibrox.

It'll be interesting to see how many minutes he gets at QPR. I presume he'll be there to help in the dressing room and on the coaching side as well. Exciting times for him.

King and the club know what happened before the Old Firm semi. The fact that Wallace and Miller won their tribunals does not mean that all of a sudden Rangers view their behaviour as befitting of any Rangers players far less a captain and a senior player. Contrast that with King noting at the AGM that Murty was his Rangers man of the year. To expect a pat on the back for Wallace on the way out the door is naive in the extreme. Viewing the club’s lack of comment on Wallace’s departure as some sort of lack of class on the part of the club really isn’t something worth agonising over.

It is though. We are Rangers. That’s supposed to mean something. There’s certain responsibilities that come with it and that includes showing class, dignity and respect. I really don’t care what king thinks of Murty, the less said about the fact he was left in charge for so long the better, because the only reason he was even in that position was because king and co cocked up again on the footballing side in appointing the Portuguese pretender, then after his first few months in charge it was blatantly obvious he wasn’t up to it but they still proceed to throw 5-10m at him and his duds, then chasing mcinness and getting another embarrassing fiasco underway including embarrassing ourselves with another stupid statement. The list goes on including celebrating getting us out of a shite deal with SD and getting us into an equally shite one that’s cost us about £3m and counting plus the constant having our trousers pulled down in court.
So forgive me if kings statement about Murty doesn’t hold much water.

Goes with my best wishes - not sure quite what folk are expecting the club to do in these circumstances.

Feels like making an argument for the sake of it.

Stood by our club who ultimately fcked him over in the end.

Not even a farewell, a thanks or a good luck on the official site

Poor show from Rangers
Higher powers at work here methinks

Ah well, at least the man of the year still has a job at The HTC

Thanks Lee, for your Loyalty and commitment to Rangers, it must have been gut wrenching watching from the stands as Judases were returning and were being lauded. Thank you also for all your help and backing and donations for the Erskine Veterans

Last edited:
Back