Leeann Dempster joins forces with Rangers to demand SFA reform

“My understanding is a complaint was made and that’s why it was brought to the attention of the compliance officer. Who made the complaint is never disclosed but it can be anyone, including a fan.

Anyone want to guess who they think made the complaint? (Hint - I bet their nickname might rhyme with Poops)

Re the point anyone can make a complaint - that's true, but they do take notice of who complains - a complaint from a fan is less likely to be given any credence. I know I sent one in and got a form email back, and nothing happened.

%^*& Hibs indeed. However, change isn’t going to come because Rangers complain, change will only come - if it comes at all - when other clubs find their voice. This intervention, though limited, should be welcomed.

For our purposes the more support we muster against the cabal, the better.

My enemy's enemy isn't necessarily my friend, but we can work together to oust that mhob.

Well done to Dempster - about time someone spoke out.

Given that i don't think theyll get rid of the CO role, then redesign the process. It should be a straightforward closed process. Once the match has concluded, after the reaction interviews, the 2 managers and match officials should meet with the referee observer in the stand.

During that meeting, the management team of each club can request any specific incident be reviewed, the officials can request the same if they thunk with hindsight they got one wrong. The official in the stand is responsible for highlighting anything that he feels was missed and worthy of a red. The whole process is minuted and agreed by all parties before leaving the room, and then submitted to the CO for review which must be completed before Sportscene is aired.

Lennon has insulted her (homophobic comment) she wanted him sacked on the spot, he wasn't, instead the club releases a statement 'the protected species' left the post by mutual agreement. A cover-up in line with other cover-ups in this SNP run cesspit of a country of ours.
She's fucking raging now. Good!

Given that i don't think theyll get rid of the CO role, then redesign the process. It should be a straightforward closed process. Once the match has concluded, after the reaction interviews, the 2 managers and match officials should meet with the referee observer in the stand.

During that meeting, the management team of each club can request any specific incident be reviewed, the officials can request the same if they thunk with hindsight they got one wrong. The official in the stand is responsible for highlighting anything that he feels was missed and worthy of a red. The whole process is minuted and agreed by all parties before leaving the room, and then submitted to the CO for review which must be completed before Sportscene is aired.
Celtc must also be consulted before any Rangers game is given the all clear dontcha know?

Anyone want to guess who they think made the complaint? (Hint - I bet their nickname might rhyme with Poops)

Re the point anyone can make a complaint - that's true, but they do take notice of who complains - a complaint from a fan is less likely to be given any credence. I know I sent one in and got a form email back, and nothing happened.
The credence will depend more on the team the complaint is regarding rather than who makes it imo. There shouldn’t be any room for one complaint/complainer to be given more credence than another because it’s wide open to abuse as we’re seeing.

If they insist there should be a compliance officer then they should appoint someone from outside Scotland.It would interesting to see how it went if the individual was actually neutral

Hibs speaking out correctly against a flawed system.
Match footage shows they were well shafted at weekend.
Common sense in no way would they take lead from us.

Last edited:
Don’t believe what you read - Hibs hate us and will never “join forces” with us.
I dont see it as joining forces as such. There will be more clubs unhappy with the CO and have done nothing so far, i see this as an opportunity for other clubs to have a go at the CO and the lack of transparency and fairness in her decision making.

Sinister reporting - Dempster joins forces with Rangers will see her castigated by fans of other clubs.

Dempster is speaking out quite correctly on behalf of her club.

I say well done to her.
Yip. Deliberately contraversial headline to try and discredit and laugh off her perfectly valid point.
Honestly, the disgusting mhedia in this country are nothing short of a disgrace.
Despise every single one of them almost as much as the IRA and their sporting Wing. Bastards

We always needed Dempster and Budge to lead the fight on this particular incompetence due to the history of this Rangers hating compliance boot.
Hopefully King is compiling a dossier of their anti Rangers poison and outs them for what they are

Seen this a few times that a fan can report incidents to the compliance officer. Anyone got contact details for her? I did ask the SFA if they could provide them but so far they are just pretending my email doesn't exist!

Why cannot a spokes person from our Club not submit a clear, concise, and factual response to the SFA/ Compliance Officer.
It needs to be hard hitting and not the weak and pathetic one that we have just put out.
Enough, is enough, Glasgow Rangers.

We speak out, we get fined.

Don’t believe what you read - Hibs hate us and will never “join forces” with us.
They don’t need to join forces, they just need to have the same view point, and they do. So do Killie, even if Clarke can’t help but to slag us off in the process but they to also think the CO is not fit for purpose

Anyone want to bet that one of the forces of darkness gets cited this weekend? They will now try to cover their tracks. 19th Century Terrorist is as 19th Century Terrorist does.

The Hibs chief executive isn't happy after Darnell Johnson was banned while others went unpunished.

Leeann Dempster has joined forces with Rangers and demanded a reform of the controversial SFA compliance system.

The Hibs chief executive is livid after Darnell Johnson was banned for two matches for a tackle on Emilio Izaguirre, while Celtic stars Scott Brown and Jozo Simunovic went unpunished.

Compliance officer Clare Whyte is bearing the brunt of fan frustration, with an online petition calling for her resignation attracting more than 10,000 signatures.

But Dempster says it’s the system that needs overhauled and claims fan power and ‘Trial by Sportscene’ are carrying too much sway.

She is now set to lobby rival clubs and the SFA for change, echoing the call from Ibrox in the aftermath of the decision to dismiss their appeal on a ban for keeper Allan McGregor.

"I don’t want to re-referee games. But if you’re going to do it it has to be done in a fairer way because I don’t think it is at the minute. If you’re going to re-referee a game, re-referee the whole game – not just a part of it.

“My understanding is a complaint was made and that’s why it was brought to the attention of the compliance officer. Who made the complaint is never disclosed but it can be anyone, including a fan.

“Trial by Sportscene? Absolutely, no one is going to convince me otherwise. That is exactly what it is, as well as still photography.”

Dempster said: “I don’t pass comment necessarily on Darnell’s tackle. But the fact is within that game there were a few other incidents, let’s put it that way.
Ok I have some complaints so how do we contact her ?

Finally someone with the balls to say it as it is , and ironically it hasn’t come from Ibrox but from a woman at Easter road . Well said Leanne Dempster.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe wee Stewy will come out from under his desk now that Leanne has tackled the bullies.

Looks like Killie could be taking over Hibs role as ‘bitter club’ or ‘Lawwell's puppets in chief’. Maybe one day we’ll have an SPL without a horrible mentally challenged manager involved, one day.......

We always needed Dempster and Budge to lead the fight on this particular incompetence due to the history of this Rangers hating compliance boot.
Hopefully King is compiling a dossier of their anti Rangers poison and outs them for what they are

King is too busy but Rangers could employ someone better qualified to do this. A researcher perhaps.

Go back to referees decision is final and stop fùcking intimidating them. Large punishments for those that do. Make refs full time.

Get rid of this mentally challenged brain fart process that only serves to benefit them.

Rangers want a review of the system, so does she. Hence where the headline came from. Makes perfect sense. No need to get upset about it fs

Finally someone with the balls to say it as it is , and ironically it hasn’t come from Ibrox but from a woman at Easter road . Well said Leanne Dempster.

As many have posted time our board actually spoke out in a rational way preferrably reading or issuing a statement that a lawyer drafted.

What we now know is that ANYONE can highlight an incident. The HUGE worry is that if it's trial by Sportscence to a degree, then highlights will be sanitised by their editing team to only show incidents involving anyone but them. We as a club now need to try and find out, highlight and report any infraction. We may have to pay for a subscription to their oversea channel, record the game and report.

Back