Leeds set sights on signing two Liverpool players who’ve dazzled this season

Syme

Leeds United have set their sights on signing dazzling Liverpool attackers Harry Wilson and Ryan Kent this summer, Football Insider understands.

The youthful duo, both aged 22, have had excellent seasons on loan from the Premier League giants, with Wilson thriving at Derby County and Kent shining for Rangers.
A Leeds source has told Football Insider that the club are keeping close tabs on the situations of the Liverpool pair, whose futures at Anfield are in doubt despite their impressive campaigns.
Attacking midfielder Wilson has scored 14 goals in 41 matches for Derby this season after they beat Leeds and multiple other Championship clubs to sign him on loan at the start of the campaign.
The Yorkshire giants also have a longstanding interest in left winger Kent, who has made huge strides at Rangers in the best season of his career, scoring six goals and supplying nine assists from 39 games.
Wilson is contracted to Liverpool until 2023 after signing a new deal last summer, while Kent has a deal with his parent club that runs until 2022.
United will look to considerably strengthen their squad if they succeed in clinching a return to the Premier League and are already laying the foundations for multiple approaches for new players.

I didn’t hold out much hope for Ryan returning he’s been terrific to watch.Pity we can’t afford his price tag but I’ve enjoyed watching the lad play.Bags of skill and isn’t frightened to get stuck in.

The down side of Kent doing so well. Let's see what happens.

Just what I was going to say. If he does well we want to keep him but every other club then knows his abilities and will want him.

What's the solution - 2 season loan agrees up front? But what if it doesn't work out etc. Who knows what we can do.

Fingers crossed he is here next season.

Liverpool are not going to sell Kent to a EPL rival for the sake of what, £8-10M? They will help SG and either loan him to us for another year or sell to us for a small fee. CL final potentially and 1st/2nd EPL - they'll have so much cash this season.

Last edited:
I can't see him leaving Liverpool so another loan season is probably on the cards. Will it be us, who knows but hopefully SG can convince Klop that we can give him the winning mentality he needs.

Ryan Kent’s season has been a double edged sword. While he’s been great for us, particularly his mentality as he is one who really gets it, his value has soared so we can’t afford to buy him.

Great business for Leeds whatever league they end up in, if it was ever conceivable for us to get those 2 with a top level centre back we would be lauging

Trying to be optimistic. Hopefully another year on loan with Rangers. He didn't have a brilliant loan spell before coming to Rangers. Liverpool might give him another year and where better than Rangers.

BBC
The England youth cap has made just one top-flight appearance for the Anfield club.

Kent has spent the majority of his time as a Liverpool player on loan; with spells at Coventry City and Barnsley, while he made a combined 17 top team appearances last season at Freiburg and Bristol City.

TalkSport
“On a personal level, I would like to get a lot of game time this year. I think I have to prove a lot of people wrong from last season, and it is a chance to add numbers to my game – so to get a lot of assists and goals.

“I want to get back to enjoying my football again.”

If liverpool are keeping him and not selling in summer but happy for another loan I would guess an attacking Rangers side who will be winning trophies and playing in europe will be a more attractive placement than a struggling leeds in premier

If liverpool are keeping him and not selling in summer but happy for another loan I would guess an attacking Rangers side who will be winning trophies and playing in europe will be a more attractive placement than a struggling leeds in premier
It wouldn't though.

If Leeds are interested in him our best chance of getting him back would be if they don't get promoted.

Kent is happy where he is, he knows he is a first pick, so if Liverpool want to keep him for another year, he will stay where here. I don't think he would fancy going to a Championship side, and after watching Leeds performance yesterday, that's where they will be.

Money talks but for Kent to make his next career move one to a struggling EPL side would be an own goal for him IMO.

Kent wants to stay so it'll all come down to wither Liverpool want to sell or not.
But anther good season at us would almost guarantee his value would increase by quite a bit and Liverpool aren't exactly struggling for cash.
I think though with Gerrard going down to see them it should be enough to let Liverpool agree to send him to us again.
I've said before it's a win win for everyone

Back