Leeds united away ticket policy

NewUlster19

Official Ticketer
Interesting to see how other clubs do this .

Copied and paste

"The maximum allocation for any away match in the Premier League is only 3,000 versus up to 8,000 for some games in the Championship. Therefore, the club has developed an updated policy, in consultation with the Supporters Advisory Board, to ensure the allocation of away tickets is founded on rewarding away loyalty whilst also allowing the wider fan base to attend a small number of games a season to be able to experience supporting the team away from home.

The away ticketing policy will continue to be focused on rewarding our supporters who have regularly attended away fixtures, with Away Season Ticket Holders guaranteed a ticket along with those supporters who have achieved a high attendance record, attending over 80% of away games (league & cup) in the last five seasons (100 games or more between 2015/16 and 2019/20).

The remaining tickets will then be distributed between supporters who gained a high away match attendance during the 2019/20 season – these supporters will have a 50% chance of gaining a ticket for each away match (ensuring they can attend games with roughly the same frequency they did in the Championship). This will mean that almost two thirds of the tickets will always be allocated to supporters with a track record of high away attendance.

By ensuring a small allocation of tickets are made available for Season Ticket Holders and Members, we are offering more fans the chance to experience supporting the team away from home, which will in turn help to grow the Leeds United fan base, particularly with younger supporters. Growing our fan base is a central strategic pillar of ensuring continued on-field success.

The away allocation policy will be fully transparent to supporters, and based on the standard allocation of 3,000 will be as follows:

27% Away Season Ticket Holders

9.5% Super Away Attendees**

27% Tracker (supporters with high tracker attendance from 19/20)

27% Home Season Ticket Holders on a first come first served basis

9.5% Members on a first come first served basis

** Super Away Attendees (100 or more League & Cup away games between 2015/16 and 2019/20). These supporters will be contacted directly by the Ticket Office with details of their online application process.

Home Season Ticket Holders and Members will be offered tickets on a first come, first served basis, allowing them the opportunity to not only occasionally attend an away match but also allowing them the chance to build up their away attendance to enable them to access the away tracker system for future campaigns.

Please note that there will be no new applications accepted for the Away Season Ticket Scheme and that current Away Season Ticket Holders will be contacted shortly with the information they need to renew.

Following further feedback from supporters, the club are also changing the sale time for away tickets from 10:30am to 1pm to allow supporters to access the internet more easily to be able to apply, and there will be a restriction on the number of away tickets that can be purchased in one transaction online (this will be capped at 10 tickets - to still allow groups to arrange travel together)."

It's good, and it's something we need to be aware of going forward, not just for away tickets either. I'm in my mid-30s, and can recall some real formative experiences watching us lift cups as tickets weren't gold dust as they would be today (I think the 98/99 LC final actually went to a public sale).

That addiction to the club won't develop if the next generation of supporters can't access the best and biggest games.

The pandemic is different of course, for the next season or two (or three) the priority should be rewarding loyalty as much as possible. But after that the club need to consider strategies to set aside a small amount of Cup final tickets, CL packages, away tickets etc to be accessed by those who still love the club but can't for whatever reason afford to reach MyGers gold.

That’s pretty good that, Man City operate a points system so basically the same folkget all away tickets. Onlyoo good thing for me is I pick up some from mates

It's good, and it's something we need to be aware of going forward, not just for away tickets either. I'm in my mid-30s, and can recall some real formative experiences watching us lift cups as tickets weren't gold dust as they would be today (I think the 98/99 LC final actually went to a public sale).

That addiction to the club won't develop if the next generation of supporters can't access the best and biggest games.

The pandemic is different of course, for the next season or two (or three) the priority should be rewarding loyalty as much as possible. But after that the club need to consider strategies to set aside a small amount of Cup final tickets, CL packages, away tickets etc to be accessed by those who still love the club but can't for whatever reason afford to reach MyGers gold.
re cup finals etc, I'm not really sure how we can manage it when we have 45000 ST holders and will only get maybe 25-30000 cup final tickets (opposition dependant)
MyGers gold members only take up a smallish percentage of our tickets, I can't remember the breakdown but I recall basically being guaranteed a ticket for most cup semis and finals if you're in silver and some for bronze as well

Interesting to see how other clubs do this .

Copied and paste

"The maximum allocation for any away match in the Premier League is only 3,000 versus up to 8,000 for some games in the Championship. Therefore, the club has developed an updated policy, in consultation with the Supporters Advisory Board, to ensure the allocation of away tickets is founded on rewarding away loyalty whilst also allowing the wider fan base to attend a small number of games a season to be able to experience supporting the team away from home.

The away ticketing policy will continue to be focused on rewarding our supporters who have regularly attended away fixtures, with Away Season Ticket Holders guaranteed a ticket along with those supporters who have achieved a high attendance record, attending over 80% of away games (league & cup) in the last five seasons (100 games or more between 2015/16 and 2019/20).

The remaining tickets will then be distributed between supporters who gained a high away match attendance during the 2019/20 season – these supporters will have a 50% chance of gaining a ticket for each away match (ensuring they can attend games with roughly the same frequency they did in the Championship). This will mean that almost two thirds of the tickets will always be allocated to supporters with a track record of high away attendance.

By ensuring a small allocation of tickets are made available for Season Ticket Holders and Members, we are offering more fans the chance to experience supporting the team away from home, which will in turn help to grow the Leeds United fan base, particularly with younger supporters. Growing our fan base is a central strategic pillar of ensuring continued on-field success.

The away allocation policy will be fully transparent to supporters, and based on the standard allocation of 3,000 will be as follows:

27% Away Season Ticket Holders

9.5% Super Away Attendees**

27% Tracker (supporters with high tracker attendance from 19/20)

27% Home Season Ticket Holders on a first come first served basis

9.5% Members on a first come first served basis

** Super Away Attendees (100 or more League & Cup away games between 2015/16 and 2019/20). These supporters will be contacted directly by the Ticket Office with details of their online application process.

Home Season Ticket Holders and Members will be offered tickets on a first come, first served basis, allowing them the opportunity to not only occasionally attend an away match but also allowing them the chance to build up their away attendance to enable them to access the away tracker system for future campaigns.

Please note that there will be no new applications accepted for the Away Season Ticket Scheme and that current Away Season Ticket Holders will be contacted shortly with the information they need to renew.

Following further feedback from supporters, the club are also changing the sale time for away tickets from 10:30am to 1pm to allow supporters to access the internet more easily to be able to apply, and there will be a restriction on the number of away tickets that can be purchased in one transaction online (this will be capped at 10 tickets - to still allow groups to arrange travel together)."
Imagine we gave “super away attendee” status to say the top 200 in mygers, people would lose the plot

same company/program that operates the ticket sales bound to be the same f**k-ups........ but gives leeds members a chance of away tickets so not a closed shop

An away season ticket could be a great idea . I wonder if this is something the club would consider @Greg Marshall
i think Leeds have 3000 in their Away Season Tickets and aren't selling any this season or probably any going forward as most EPL grounds are limited to 3000 and this has probably forced the rethink on away allocations .........

how can we have an away season ticket at Rangers when Aberdeen only give circa 2000 and 800 at parkhead ?? especially when 8-10,000 would sign up for it

I’m convinced Demand would vastly outstrip supply even if it was £2/300 just to have the ability to buy away tickets
It would be a great way of doing it . Pay say £300 and you are guaranteed a ticket for every away game . Many do we get for the piggery , 1400? Limit it to 1400 members that’s an extra 500k a year to our club .

We already sign up for away games on season ticket. If we get to games this year wonder who I will get as Killie and hamilton the staple allocation for years are both down?

It would be a great way of doing it . Pay say £300 and you are guaranteed a ticket for every away game . Many do we get for the piggery , 1400? Limit it to 1400 members that’s an extra 500k a year to our club .
800 tickets in total, only approx 250 went to the old away cccs members as the RSCs/club/sponsors/hospitality get a cut

I’d pay double that to guarantee away tickets for all games, obviously then having to pay each individual ticket on top of that too

Personally think it should be offered to the top 250 in mygers each season, give an incentive to part with your £ on absolute shite :D

Is this on top of ST and MyGers? This is pricing the normal supporter out of the game.

Leeds needed schemes as they had to control who was getting the away tickets due to the fans causing trouble. For high risk games the tickets were being handed out personally at motorway service stations to limit the chances of them ending up with the wrong people.

re cup finals etc, I'm not really sure how we can manage it when we have 45000 ST holders and will only get maybe 25-30000 cup final tickets (opposition dependant)
MyGers gold members only take up a smallish percentage of our tickets, I can't remember the breakdown but I recall basically being guaranteed a ticket for most cup semis and finals if you're in silver and some for bronze as well

It's just my opinion really. If we got 25k for a cup final, I'd be supportive of the club reserving say 1000 tickets for parents and children who were MyGers Bronze and had attended at least 5 games (or whatever) even if that meant 1000 ST holders missed out.

Leeds needed schemes as they had to control who was getting the away tickets due to the fans causing trouble. For high risk games the tickets were being handed out personally at motorway service stations to limit the chances of them ending up with the wrong people.
It’s actually smart by them .

Never said you were in charge. Was a simple question.
You asked me was the away season ticket idea on top of MyGers and normal season ticket payments . I can’t answer that as it’s not something I deal with it’s your to the club to decide if and what they’d charge for it . To make a decent sum I’m guessing a charge of between £200/300 .

You asked me was the away season ticket idea on top of MyGers and normal season ticket payments . I can’t answer that as it’s not something I deal with it’s your to the club to decide if and what they’d charge for it . To make a decent sum I’m guessing a charge of between £200/300 .
Why should the club be making more money out of supporters for this? It's a terrible idea.

It's just my opinion really. If we got 25k for a cup final, I'd be supportive of the club reserving say 1000 tickets for parents and children who were MyGers Bronze and had attended at least 5 games (or whatever) even if that meant 1000 ST holders missed out.
So as I understand it, gold get a % (there's a smaller number of gold members than any other category), then silver get a percentage and bronze get a percentage. So everyone has a fair crack at tickets and it doesn't become a closed shop. There are games ringfenced for gold which are like Celtic away for instance, but semi's and finals every category of MyGers gets a percentage of the allocation. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong lol)

So money talks? Thats my point. The normal punter is going to be priced out of going to games.
It’s always been that way though. Maybe those who go week in, week out prioritise outgoings around rangers and do without other things in life?

Not everyone that goes every week is loaded

K
Why should the club be making more money out of supporters for this? It's a terrible idea.
on the face of it it would appear Leeds are guaranteeing a small number of loyal travelling fans who don’t disgrace the club with scrapping or dodgy singing tickets for every away EPL game . They are limited to 3000 per away game . The fans seem happy to pay it to guarantee their ticket . I don’t see many negatives in the arrangement it seems a win win

So as I understand it, gold get a % (there's a smaller number of gold members than any other category), then silver get a percentage and bronze get a percentage. So everyone has a fair crack at tickets and it doesn't become a closed shop. There are games ringfenced for gold which are like Celtic away for instance, but semi's and finals every category of MyGers gets a percentage of the allocation. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong lol)
Priority for semi finals and finals-

Home CCCS + Mygers
Home CCCS
Mygers & ST
Other St holders
MyGers non-st holders
General sale

Who gets to decide what a normal punter is though and how much they can pay.

Too many people use this argument without thinking who a normal punter is these days mate.
Im sure you get my point. Too many people just say charge XY and Z for a scheme without considering the fans. The road we are going down is a dangerous one if you ask me. The younger generation will be priced out of following Rangers. No access to home or away games. Our club was built on a working class support who are being forgotten and left behind imo

An away season ticket could be a great idea . I wonder if this is something the club would consider @Greg Marshall
I may be wrong but do the EPL not have a set away allocation (lower % but much like the cup guarantee away %)
Our backwater pick and choose how many tickets they sell to the big bad Rangers (see Killie) be hard to sell an away ST with no guarantees

Im sure you get my point. Too many people just say charge XY and Z for a scheme without considering the fans. The road we are going down is a dangerous one if you ask me. The younger generation will be priced out of following Rangers. No access to home or away games. Our club was built on a working class support who are being forgotten and left behind imo
You’re correct about that, younger fans will struggle to attend away games now because of the new mygers scheme

Literally went from a scheme where they were guaranteed 4/5 tickets a season, could go to the game with their parents etc, to one where they’ll struggle to get any and parents are likely in a different tier

Not really sure about the pricing out stuff though

The difference between ourselves and many of the English clubs in terms of away allocations is we give a percentage to supporters clubs to then allocate. I don't know of any of the big English clubs who do this (if they do i apologise).

Would people be happy to see RSCs not get any tickets and let individuals sort for themselves ?

I may be wrong but do the EPL not have a set away allocation (lower % but much like the cup guarantee away %)
Our backwater pick and choose how many tickets they sell to the big bad Rangers (see Killie) be hard to sell an away ST with no guarantees
You could sell 250 Away STs to the top 250 in mygers and they’d be guaranteed a ticket for all games regardless of teams cut allocations

£75k a season if they were charged £300 premium but then had to buy individual tickets on top

According to that Leeds article it’s set at 3000 and doesn’t change no matter what team it is . Not all teams will take the 3000 . Regular ones who do are Man United , liverpool, Tottenham , Leeds and Newcastle .

The difference between ourselves and many of the English clubs in terms of away allocations is we give a percentage to supporters clubs to then allocate. I don't know of any of the big English clubs who do this (if they do i apologise).

Would people be happy to see RSCs not get any tickets and let individuals sort for themselves ?
Absolutely not

Away ticket allocations in the EPL have a 3,000 limit.

Thanks m not an away ticket buyer, but I’ve always wondered why we don’t do some sort of away season ticket. At least for the buses/RSCs.

Prawn Sandwich would be going aff his nut if we introduced this. No tickets for hospitality.
All the tickets that go into the away scheme at Leeds United or any other club that runs one,will be AFTER the club have taken an allocation to cover hospitality clients ticket requirements.
You would need to be really naive to think that every away ticket a club receives goes to their away ticket scheme.
So in short,would make the square route of zero difference ;)

A few issues up here:

1. Vastly reduced allocations
2. Police presence makes each game a chore now rather than what it used to be at its peak
3. MyGers has entered the fray

Priority for semi finals and finals-

Home CCCS + Mygers
Home CCCS
Mygers & ST
Other St holders
MyGers non-st holders
General sale
I knew I would be corrected lol

SO I assume the home CCCS + MyGers would still then be broken into gold, silver and bronze for allocation rather than a straight out ballot?

Thanks I knew I would be corrected lol

SO I assume the home CCCS + MyGers would still then be broken into gold, silver and bronze for allocation rather than a straight out ballot?
As with most thing MyGers we really need to see how it all actually works out when we are back into games and the scheme is up and running.
But if home CCCS + MyGers is the top of the priority for semifinals and finals you would think every would be ok for a ticket,given they have priority over those just on CCCS.
Time will tell.

According to that Leeds article it’s set at 3000 and doesn’t change no matter what team it is . Not all teams will take the 3000 . Regular ones who do are Man United , liverpool, Tottenham , Leeds and Newcastle .
It's 10% or 3000 depending on what's lower. I'm pretty sure burnley for one don't give 3000 away tickets as they use half that stand for home fans.

Back