Leeds Utd

Think there’s a chance they’ll bid for any of our players mate?

I’d much rather see Alfie go to a big club like that than a Palace or the likes.

Alfie couldn't get fit enough for biesla so I can't see it.

Reactions: cav
Think there’s a chance they’ll bid for any of our players mate?

I’d much rather see Alfie go to a big club like that than a Palace or the likes.

No idea mate tbh, but it would be a good move for him.

Reactions: cav
You're a Wednesday man though aren't you? Understandable I suppose:)

I have lost interest in them at the moment, same old sh*t season after season even with a stinking rich owner, plus I've gone off the supporters to be honest, I say the Leeds ones are deluded, some of the Wednesday ones are just as bad, living in the past and not in reality.

Sheffield United are the biggest Yorkshire club in all aspects at the moment, light years ahead of The Wednesday and years ahead of the Leeds lot.....

I remember Leeds in their glory days. A great side, a legendary manager and an atmospheric old stadium sadly lost to the modern era. Even when Liverpool were coming to prominence, Leeds were still THE team that everyone wanted to beat. In the mid 70’s it wasn’t Scouse v Mancs, it was Leeds v Derby that was the big game of the season.
Yes I was there 1975 top of the bill Hunter v Lee

When we beat them in 92 it was a real kick in the balls and probably signalled the beginning of the end of Howard Wilkinson as I think they only won once away from home in the league that year.
When you think about it had Leeds beat us in 1992 then Cantona would probably have not gone to Man Utd as they would be playing champions league football.

Cantona went to United a few weeks after we beat them probably because they got decent money and softened the financial cost of not going through.

I've always had a soft spot for Leeds since the Peter Lorimer/Billy Bremner days.
Like a lot are saying, they're a "proper" football club!
I really hope they get over the line this season....not least because I've a score on them winning the league at 9/2!
;)

Same as yourself. Seems nuts to think Leeds have been outside topflight that long now.
They hit league one in that time too.Lost to Donny in a Wembley play off final and had points deduction. I’m a Birmingham fan but I think Leeds have served their dues and deserve a pop at the Premier league again.They are a big club but could be even bigger with a bit of stability and success

I have lost interest in them at the moment, same old sh*t season after season even with a stinking rich owner, plus I've gone off the supporters to be honest, I say the Leeds ones are deluded, some of the Wednesday ones are just as bad, living in the past and not in reality.

Sheffield United are the biggest Yorkshire club in all aspects at the moment, light years ahead of The Wednesday and years ahead of the Leeds lot.....

Wednesday, fair enough mate, they seem to just be going backwards. Interested to know why you think that of Leeds though? I always think clubs like that, can propel themselves into a good position in a very short space of time down there due to the money involved. Likewise Sheffield Utd, could just as easily slip down the table next year if they sell 2/3 of their key players on the back of this good season.

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing the toss as to whether Utd are ahead of them just now, that's pretty obvious just wondering why you think its 'years' is all?

As an aside I really like both sets of fans in Sheffield. Been made welcome by both over the years down there.

Love that song they have ‘ Marching on Together’.
It would be good hearing a full house at Elland Road belt that out next season if crowds get back.

Lots of my fathers side of the family moved down to Leeds when to coal pits closed in my local town and took Leeds on as their second team - for that reason they are as close as I have to a second professional team.

Wednesday, fair enough mate, they seem to just be going backwards. Interested to know why you think that of Leeds though? I always think clubs like that, can propel themselves into a good position in a very short space of time down there due to the money involved. Likewise Sheffield Utd, could just as easily slip down the table next year if they sell 2/3 of their key players on the back of this good season.

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing the toss as to whether Utd are ahead of them just now, that's pretty obvious just wondering why you think its 'years' is all?

As an aside I really like both sets of fans in Sheffield. Been made welcome by both over the years down there.

Chris Wilder is an absolutely superb manager and Sander Berge maybe the most underrated player in the premiership.

Will love seeing them back in the big time. Huge club with huge support. One of the forgotten giants down south. Always watched their progress over the years.

Leeds up and Bournemouth down is a big plus for the Premier League. Nothing against Bournemouth but they have nowhere near the size of following that Leeds have.

Great job Bielsa has done. Play some outstanding football.

Look forward to seeing them in prem next season.

He's 34 as well, Bielsa has used him as a sub since Lockdown, got him spot on as 9/10 he makes a massive difference, great vision!
Am I right in thinking he's the same one who played for Swansea a good few years back in the Premier league

I used to like Leeds but went off them when they played Mu and there fans were celebrity the. Munich disaster. Not any better than the Sheep and the Scumbags. Not a Mu suporter in any shape or form. Just Mho

Understandable but at same time the Rangers support have sung some pretty unsavoury things towards Celtic and them to us, Happens sometimes during high profile derbies and rivalries.

Would love to see them in the premiership.Real club with a terrific support that follow them everywhere.My Wee mate is a big Leeds fan so will be good to see him happy for a change.Miserable cu*t. :D

Kind of got interested when I watched the Leeds United documentary. Plus, at least there's a bit of excitement in the championship. Having said that they were struggling to get a break through tonight until Stoke gave away a stupid penalty

Always had a soft spot for Leeds, reason being because of Stuart McCall who was raised round the corner from Elland Road, they also have had a couple of great Scottish players through the years, when I gave a %^*&,incidentally wasn’t our Battle of Britain victory the reason why Alan Smith became such a Rangers fan.
Man I’d love it if we signed him:cool:

Got mates in Leeds, huge fans of the club, went a couple years ago to Leeds v Brighton with them, really good atmosphere, the Brighton fans got it tight for all being alleged bumders, good banter :D

Leeds are my English team, have been since 92, but there’s still plenty time for them to make a lady's front bottom of it

Remember Leeds had a team and a half back when I used to play Champ Man with the likes of a young Kewell, Smith, Viduka, Bowyer and Harte. They were such a good side to watch back then, and always had tremendous support. I'll be glad to see them back in the EPL. Hopefully they'll come up and Bournemouth will go down back to where they really belong.

One of my best mates is a Leeds fan and utterly shitting himself that they’ll find some way to blow it.

Swansea at the weekend is an enormous game for them... it’s Leeds, they’ll drop something and keep this going to the last minute.

I dearly hope that they win this title!

Understandable but at same time the Rangers support have sung some pretty unsavoury things towards Celtic and them to us, Happens sometimes during high profile derbies and rivalries.
Seems sad to me you would celebrate your rivals major disasters, when young players in their prime lost their lives. .Same as the 1971 Ibrox Disaster when scum and sheep fans take great delight in reminding of that sad day. We might call them 19th Century Terrorist bastards and sheep shagging bastards but we have standards. As a Rangers fan I would be appalled if we ever went down to their level.

Back