Leeds Utd

Kind of got interested when I watched the Leeds United documentary. Plus, at least there's a bit of excitement in the championship. Having said that they were struggling to get a break through tonight until Stoke gave away a stupid penalty

Last few home games especially have been tough at home, a bit like Rangers, teams will come and sit in for as long as they can.

I used to like Leeds but went off them when they played Mu and there fans were celebrity the. Munich disaster. Not any better than the Sheep and the Scumbags. Not a Mu suporter in any shape or form. Just Mho

Pretty sure Man U have sung some unsavoury things towards Leeds about Turks and Liverpool at Hillsnrough.

Doesn't make it right but most teams will have their fair selection or arseholes amongst them.

Chris Wilder is an absolutely superb manager and Sander Berge maybe the most underrated player in the premiership.

I agree mate, he impresses me any time I see/hear him.

That's not really what I was asking though. As said, I know Sheff Utd are doing well just now, I'm interested to know why people think they are miles and miles ahead of Leeds who are potentially coming up. It's not so long ago, they were in the same position and the world of the EPL and crazy money on offer means that Wilder and 2/3 of their best players could be at a bigger club in no time at all? Genuinely interested btw, it's not a dig, I cant honestly say I know a huge amount about the set ups now.

Regardless, the Sheffield clubs and the likes of Leeds are what I'd always think of as 'proper' clubs. They were always a feature when I was grieving up and starting to get into the game down there.

Lots of respect for Leeds, however I hope they blow the title as I will pocket £150 if WBA win the league! I want Leeds to get promoted though. A proper club.

Got mates in Leeds, huge fans of the club, went a couple years ago to Leeds v Brighton with them, really good atmosphere, the Brighton fans got it tight for all being alleged bumders, good banter :D

I was at this one some bantz from diouf lol

Always disliked them in the 70s. Bunch of hacking barstewards. Still, I must admit, I always saw them as a top division club.

If they actually come up this time I really hope they manage to build their way back up to become something of a formidable side instead of just going straight back down again.

Lots of my fathers side of the family moved down to Leeds when to coal pits closed in my local town and took Leeds on as their second team - for that reason they are as close as I have to a second professional team.

My late Grandpa's work took the family down to Leeds for a few years in the 1960s, just as the Revie team were developing.

Even though Rangers have been my family's team since before WW1, he took my dad and his brother along to see Leeds regularly as kids and Sheff Wed on occasion if Leeds were away.

Since then, Leeds have been our adopted English team.

Would be great to see them going up . Were one of my favourite teams when I was a young boy. Again due to players like Billy Bremner.

I like Leeds, they had a good team when I was growing up. Bielsa is a good manager - they should do it this year but Brentford are flying just now and WBA keep picking up wins, so it's going to be an exciting finish.

Always had a soft spot for Leeds, reason being because of Stuart McCall who was raised round the corner from Elland Road, they also have had a couple of great Scottish players through the years, when I gave a %^*&,incidentally wasn’t our Battle of Britain victory the reason why Alan Smith became such a Rangers fan.
Man I’d love it if we signed him:cool:

By that same logic you have a soft spot for the bheasts because Fergie was raised around the corner from that midden....... ;)

Sniff fucking sniff :))

Swansea (A) who are 1 point off the play-offs so have everything to play for, wont be easy
Barnsley (H) 2nd bottom 4 points from safety, in theory should be routine 3 points but will be fighting for their lives
Derby (A) who are 3 points off the play-offs so like Swansea have everything to play for, wont be easy
Charlton (H) 5th bottom, 1 point clear of danger, in theory should be routine 3 points but could be fighting for their lives.

They've still the possibility to f*ck it up yet.

Don’t mind Leeds United at all, like most I suppose I’ve had a wee soft spot for them and the geordies.

would love to take in a game at Elland road, in the premier league against Man United. What an atmosphere that would be.

Lived only a mile or so from Elland Road for 18 years but never really took to the club. Absolutely delighted though for the best city in England by a mile that it looks like Premiership football is finally back!

Leeds up and Bournemouth down is a big plus for the Premier League. Nothing against Bournemouth but they have nowhere near the size of following that Leeds have.
I hate Leeds but cannot disagree with this. Would love to see a more traditional top division with the likes of Sunderland, Derby, Leeds, Wednesday and Forest up with the likes of Watford, Norwich, Brighton and Bournemouth down. I know that sounds weird.

Is the Raploch Teddy Bear Country?
No ! Its pretty mixed, maybe slightly more of them ( i dont live there now ) when i was younger some of the hardest guys i knew were bears from the Raploch, remember them taking me to my first old firm game at the dump, we won 2-1, Alex Miller late winner, fights on the train, fights on the way there, fights on the way back, those were the days ! lol
P.S there is talk of a statue of Bremner being put up in the Raploch, quite right as he is the 2nd most famous person to come there after big Mags Haney !

Last edited:
Be delighted to see them come up as would sky I’d imagine!

Just be good to see less south coast/London clubs and a few more from around the country. Leeds and Forest would be a great outcome for the league next season imo

Playing against 2 in a relegation battle and 2 chasing playoffs. No ideal but they seem up for it and would like to see them in top flight again

Seems sad to me you would celebrate your rivals major disasters, when young players in their prime lost their lives. .Same as the 1971 Ibrox Disaster when scum and sheep fans take great delight in reminding of that sad day. We might call them 19th Century Terrorist bastards and sheep shagging bastards but we have standards. As a Rangers fan I would be appalled if we ever went down to their level.
This kind of stuff has been going with fans of most clubs. Even Man United fans regularly disrupted minute silences for the Hillsbrough victims, so no one is innocent in this respect.

Lived only a mile or so from Elland Road for 18 years but never really took to the club. Absolutely delighted though for the best city in England by a mile that it looks like Premiership football is finally back!

Same thoughts as you. Live about a mile and a half from Elland road now.

Never really bought into the “Great fans!” Stuff that keeps getting regurgitated on this forum on the thread that appears every time they win a game now.

Leeds have a tremendously loyal hardcore. And now the Johnny come latelys are back attending now. But the ground was half empty when they were a middle table team. For a midweek cup game Sub 10,000 wasn’t unusual.

Compared to the loyalty of Rangers fans during our plight, Leeds don’t come close.

Leeds will add to the top division for sure. 17 years though is a long time. Need careful handling if they get there to establish in that league. Easy to get there and blow it big time.

Absolutely delighted for them. A proper football club and David O'Leary's young team he built was one of my favourite teams to watch when I was growing up.

I fancy them to stay up once they get there as well.

Really excited to watch them under Bielsa in the EPL.

Leeds have a horrendous record at Elland Road against Man Utd over the last 40 years, only a handful of wins.
Whats tha on about?
In the last 40 years Leeds home league record against Man Utd is not good but hardly horrendous either : W4 L5 D6
In 43 top flight league games overall Leeds record at Elland Road v the scum if not so bad:
W15 L14 D14
I was a season ticket holder there in 91/2 the last time Leeds won the league with Gary McAllister - happy days.
Man Utd were desperate to win that last League title before the premier league, they hadn't won it in 25 years.
They were a good few points ahead with a handful of games to go and they bottled it !
Obviously man Utd did quite well in the years after that :D but football moves in cycles : Man Utd are now in decline and Leeds are on the way up..

My dad moved down to the pits in Yorkshire and got me and my brother the all white Leeds strip in the early 70's., along with the 'Glory Glory Leeds United' record (45 rpm single vinyl) for older bears.
Still got a lot of family in Pontefract/Knottingley area and followed Leeds since then.

I'm hoping to see both them and Brentford go up. Leeds are too big a club to have been out the premier league this long and Brentford play some brilliant football.

Hopefully they don't follow Aston Villa's lead and spend millions upon millions on utter dross.
Also would like to see them up as I have relations in West London who are bees/gers fans. And yes, they do play good football (Brentford, not my relations . . . in fact now that I think of it my relations do play good football) :rolleyes:

My dad moved down to the pits in Yorkshire and got me and my brother the all white Leeds strip in the early 70's., along with the 'Glory Glory Leeds United' record (45 rpm single vinyl) for older bears.
Still got a lot of family in Pontefract/Knottingley area and followed Leeds since then.
Deep joy and folly to the land of liquorice

No ! Its pretty mixed, maybe slightly more of them ( i dont live there now ) when i was younger some of the hardest guys i knew were bears from the Raploch, remember them taking me to my first old firm game at the dump, we won 2-1, Alex Miller late winner, fights on the train, fights on the way there, fights on the way back, those were the days ! lol
P.S there is talk of a statue of Bremner being put up in the Raploch, quite right as he is the 2nd most famous person to come there after big Mags Haney !
Big Dunc not from the Raploch?

Great history and now they’ve got an interesting character of a manager. Would like to see them go up. Definitely the sleeping giant of English football.

I remember the number tags on their socks in 70's. Never seen that since. A fine number of Scots played for Leeds back then - the Gray bros., Bremner, Lorimer, Harvey, McQueen, Jordan - all capped as well, I think.

Incoming!
I honestly don’t like Leeds. Never liked them since we played them in Europe. Just my opinion.

I was one of the few Bears at Elland Road BN94 (Leeds mate in Luton got me a ticket) and had to keep stchum being an English Bear (of Scots family) .............but instantaneously jumping up when big Hately scored his early belter didn't help my situation :)).................had half of Leeds come down the stairs trying to get at me, but thanks to the Leeds giant next to me he told them to eff off and leave the Jock alone, as he is on his own.......a polite nod of thanks (if my Luton accent came out it wouldn't have helped at all)................when Super finished them off with his header I just sat arms folded grinning inside ear to ear............matey said 'if you'd have jumped up for that one I WOULD HAVE JOINED THEM this time'

ps Great news about the Adrian Goldberg target just being reached. I played my tiny wee part by donating on Tuesday.

Hate Leeds but will enjoy it when they visit Manchester, might even make sure if mearnsunionist visits he gets out safely. :p

Never understood this Leeds being a big club talk. They’ve spent more of their time outside the top flight than in it, have only won 7 major honours in their entire history and despite being in the biggest city in the UK with only 1 club in it they have never, ever managed to average over 40k in a season before.

When I couldn't get a ticket back in the day I used to follow Leeds and i remember an away match at Highbury was the worst fighting I've ever seen at any match. It honestly lasted the whole 90 minutes.

Never understood this Leeds being a big club talk. They’ve spent more of their time outside the top flight than in it, have only won 7 major honours in their entire history and despite being in the biggest city in the UK with only 1 club in it they have never, ever managed to average over 40k in a season before.

Their current Stadium capacity is 37,890 and their the last team to win the Old English 1st Division 91/92 with an English Manager Howard Wilkinson

Last edited:
Fulham and Brentford are on some run of form, and I can see them edging 1 of the top 2 and especially if Fulham beat WBA.
Leeds have away games Vs playoff sides Swansea and Derby and relegation sides Charlton and Barnsley. Little room for manoeuvre!
They will certainly be a few scares.

I always think of the them as a top flight club, in fact I'd probably go as far to say I think of them as a club that should be playing in the top 7 or 8 of the EPL.

Daft really as they haven't been there for 17 years. Would be good to see them go up though, a few fixtures they play would definitely get me interested in watching them.
I agree I think the EPL is a better league with teams like Leeds/West Brom & Villa. On the other hand Watford & Bournemouth not sure they’ll be missed. I get that you are where you are on merit but I always think of the first three I mentioned as proper clubs especially Leeds & Villa

Back