Leeds Utd

I thought this was where they would drop points - there’s no winner like a late winner!

3 games to go and 2 wins clinched promotion, potentially 1st place. 2 games of 3 at home... this must be the best position that they could have got themselves into.

How do you have three teams? Folk with two are bad enough ffs :))
Rangers - obvious
Leeds - first team I remember seeing us against (then had the O’Leary team)
Liverpool - IMO a club steeped in history like us, Had the spice boy era etc but one of the main reasons was Michael Owen who I loved as a player, along with Fowler/Gerrard

Can’t wait to see them back in the Prem. bottom of the league up next at home for guaranteed promotion. Only an absolute calamity will stop it this season.

With the best will in the world the likes of Bournemouth as a club probably shouldn’t be in the EPL.
Leeds are a club that should imho.

Why though? They've spent more of their history outside the top flight than in it. They had a few good years in the 70s and won the league in 1992. Other than that very little to write home about.

Fair play to the fact folk that follow them but personally, I just can't take to them. Always struck me as a very boring team who seem to have to grind out any sort of result. The last few seasons particularly they've bottled it everytime. This season they look like they'll make it but you never know.

Always had a soft spot for them but loved it when we beat them home and away to qualify for the inaugural CL group stage.

They had a great team then so shows how good we were.

I think if they get the promotion, as they should, they will be no worse than top half of the league.

I can’t post pictures, I’m sorry and I’ll take the (deserved) abuse. If someone can post the picture the big thing from LUTV posted on Twitter tonight I’m sure it will be thankfully received.

I can’t post pictures, I’m sorry and I’ll take the (deserved) abuse. If someone can post the picture the big thing from LUTV posted on Twitter tonight I’m sure it will be thankfully received.

I guess you mean this then?

Ecu4q3RXkAE1tCj

nice addition she'd be to the Premier League :D

Rangers - obvious
Leeds - first team I remember seeing us against (then had the O’Leary team)
Liverpool - IMO a club steeped in history like us, Had the spice boy era etc but one of the main reasons was Michael Owen who I loved as a player, along with Fowler/Gerrard
Liverpool is ROI invested supporters no from me don't care how much SG loves them.

As a nearly A life long supporter of Leeds I couldn’t bring myself to support Liverpool, except perhaps as the only British team in European competitions

Had a pre season £20 bet on numerous league sports but with covid most of them have voided on bet365leaving a Leeds championship and Man City CL double for £650 back.

Looking quite hopeful right now that one.

I've always had a soft spot for Leeds since the Peter Lorimer/Billy Bremner days.
Like a lot are saying, they're a "proper" football club!
I really hope they get over the line this season....not least because I've a score on them winning the league at 9/2!
;)
Hated Billy Bremner, ***.

Down elland Road regularly, fantastic atmosphere, buzz around the whole club with Biesla in charge.

Looking like sealing it next Saturday and I will be booked into the pub for my first pint back.
Couldn't agree more. I was there earlier in the season and the backing the team got throughout the game was tremendous.

Why though? They've spent more of their history outside the top flight than in it. They had a few good years in the 70s and won the league in 1992. Other than that very little to write home about.
A tad simplistic there Geordieger.

3 times league champions 5 times runners up. FA and League Cup winners.

5 European finals with 2 victories

Not many English clubs get near that

At least it will be another traditional type club with a good fan base back in the league. One of the reasons I was pleased for villa to be back. Unlike Bournemouth for example.

Liverpool is ROI invested supporters no from me don't care how much SG loves them.
Tell Souness, Nicol, Wark, Hansen and other bears that then. Also, read up about what Shankly said about Liverpool being a club with no divisions, a club united by football. Nothing wrong with people from ROI anyway, Jon Daly was a consummate professional during his spell here.

GeordieRanger said:

A tad simplistic there Geordieger.

3 times league champions 5 times runners up. FA and League Cup winners.

5 European finals with 2 victories

Not many English clubs get near that
Super Leeds United have spent 44 years in the lower divisions and 50 years in the top flight.
"they had a few good years in the 70's" o_O
In the 10 years 1964/5 - 1973/4 they finished in the top 4 of the first division every year winning it twice.
In the same period they got to the last 4 in European competition on 8 occasions winning two finals.
in 1975 they were only the second English team ever to reach the European Cup final !
very little to write home about indeed :D

Super Leeds United have spent 44 years in the lower divisions and 50 years in the top flight.
"they had a few good years in the 70's" o_O
In the 10 years 1964/5 - 1973/4 they finished in the top 4 of the first division every year winning it twice.
In the same period they got to the last 4 in European competition on 8 occasions winning two finals.
in 1975 they were only the second English team ever to reach the European Cup final !
very little to write home about indeed :D
Brian Clough himself said that he’d taken over the biggest club in the country when he became Leeds manager in 74’.

Brian Clough himself said that he’d taken over the biggest club in the country when he became Leeds manager in 74’.
He probably just said that to try and appease the Leeds fans after everything else he'd said about them. It didn't work, they still hated him.

Tell Souness, Nicol, Wark, Hansen and other bears that then. Also, read up about what Shankly said about Liverpool being a club with no divisions, a club united by football. Nothing wrong with people from ROI anyway, Jon Daly was a consummate professional during his spell here.
And how is that relevant to me not being keen on the southern Irish ffs

Back