Leeds Utd

He probably just said that to try and appease the Leeds fans after everything else he'd said about them. It didn't work, they still hated him.
Clough had been a consistant critic of Revie and the methods that Leeds would adopt in order to win. Revie had instilled a fierce determination and total ruthlessness in his team, epitomised by the likes of hardened professionals such as Bremner, Giles, Hunter, Charlton and Clarke.

Clough was arrogant enough and so confident of his own abilities as to actually think he could manage this team when Revie baled out for the England job. That was never going to end well.

They are all but there now. Will be a great addition to the EPL next season as there is a lot of dross In that League. Great club and a great support.

Small, provincial, club completely moulded and shaped by one man. Don Revie created all you see today.

Proper club and I hope they go up.

Most of their fans I've met have been twats though.
I’ve worked all over England and the only ones I didn’t take to were people from Leeds. Strange lot. Maybe they just don’t like Rangers fans cos we handed their arses to them in the CL.

A tad simplistic there Geordieger.

3 times league champions 5 times runners up. FA and League Cup winners.

5 European finals with 2 victories

Not many English clubs get near that

So in 101 years they've won 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and 2 Fairs Cups. That ranks them as the 15th most successful English club for major trophies won.

When you add that to them playing outside the top division in England for over half of their history and never managing to average over 40k in any season it hardly makes them massive.

I guess you mean this then?

Ecu4q3RXkAE1tCj

nice addition she'd be to the Premier League :D
DURTY Leeds :))

Will be great to see Leeds come back up,fans have stayed with them,they deserve it,premiership will be all the better for having Leeds in it.

I agree completely. As a regular visitor to the ROI they are decent people that are very similar in outlook of life to us. There are a lot less bigots in the ROI than there are in the West of Scotland.
A similar out look to us? Miserable and self loathing?

So in 101 years they've won 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and 2 Fairs Cups. That ranks them as the 15th most successful English club for major trophies won.

When you add that to them playing outside the top division in England for over half of their history and never managing to average over 40k in any season it hardly makes them massive.

Just to flip this on its head a wee bit:

Our average attendance hasn't gone above 40,000 you're correct there. But it is 35,000 so not a million miles off it. That figure would see us the 9/10/11th highest average attendance in the Premier League just behind the likes of Chelsea and Newcastle United. ANd the last two years have seen loads of games sell out.

And as far the honours - isn't that quite impressive that the club has such a strong fanbase despite not having prolific success?

Anyway I actually came into the thread to say that Kalvin Phillips is out injured for the remaining four games of the season and Kiko Casillas might be put into the starting eleven after serving his suspension.

So my confidence has taken a big hit now. Surely not again?..

Our average attendance hasn't gone above 40,000 you're correct there. But it is 35,000 so not a million miles off it. That figure would see us the 9/10/11th highest average attendance in the Premier League just behind the likes of Chelsea and Newcastle United. ANd the last two years have seen loads of games sell out.

And as far the honours - isn't that quite impressive that the club has such a strong fanbase despite not having prolific success?

Anyway I actually came into the thread to say that Kalvin Phillips is out injured for the remaining four games of the season and Kiko Casillas might be put into the starting eleven after serving his suspension.

Newcastle have averaged 50k consistently for 20 years now. Chelsea sell 41k Stamford Bridge out every game and have done for years. Leeds crowds have gone up this season to coincide with the team doing so well but only 4 seasons ago they were only averaging 22k and when they played Newcastle in 2016 they made a big deal of it being their first league sell out for 9 years!

For a 1 team city the size of Leeds their crowds, historically have been pretty poor really. Anyway, you're as good as up now so no need to worry!

There are 11 Rugby League teams in and around the Leeds area. Traditionally most local folk were more likely to attend a rugby game than football. Don Revie changed that and built a team famous throughout Europe in the 1960's early 70's. But not having a city rival is actually a kind of handicap. Football rivalry found in Glasgow, Merseyside, Manchester and Tyne+Weir actually increases interest and big crowds. Since the 1970's Leeds have a large following all over England and beyond based solely on Revie's achievement but there are still thousands of locals who much prefer Rugby League.

Any evidence of that mate?

He was born a RC and I believe it was his father who persuaded him not to join Celtic because of sectarianism in Scotland.

A fantastic player and great captain of Leeds and Scotland.
His father was a gentleman, known locally as "pop" Bremner he coached a lot of local sides, i actually played under him and i couldn't have told you which side of the old firm he favoured, i dont think he cared, much more interested in coaching.

I'm still not putting it past them to fuck it up but it would be class to see them back in the Premiership, shame their fans won't get to experience it after all their loyalty.

It will be great to see Bielsa in the premier league so I hope they go up for that.

I dislike Leeds though, and everyone I’ve met from Leeds is a completely weirdo.
I also don’t get the big club thing, they have had a few good moments in their history, but for t most part they have been a second tier club, they’re a 1 club city so would expect high attendances, but when they were shit the figures dropped massively.
they will bring more excitement than the likes of Bournemouth though.

Being a Liverpool fan it would be easy for me to dislike Leeds United

But I will be downing a few pints for them should they finally get promoted

What they have been through over the past 20 years is worse than what we went through in the past 8 years and for them to finally get back up would bring a sleeping giant back into the mix.

I have a few mates who have them as their English team and I am glad for them too....it's been good fun singing the "Leeds are falling apart again" song every January / Feb for the past few years

I dislike Leeds though, and everyone I’ve met from Leeds is a completely weirdo.
I also don’t get the big club thing, they have had a few good moments in their history, but for t most part they have been a second tier club, they’re a 1 club city so would expect high attendances
As I've tried to explain the only 'weird' thing about my birthplace and the surrounding area is that Rugby League has traditionally been more popular than football :D
The legacy of Don Revie is that Leeds have 'fans' all over the world but the locals still turn out to watch the cluster of ELEVEN Rugby League teams in West Yorkshire.

A lot of guys i know like them as their English team thats probably cause im from the Raploch in Stirling just like Billy Bremner.
The Raploch.
Made me think ' what happened to the boy who was a footballer '. No idea his name but remember him from the show. Chelsea?
Lots of clues eh.
Anyway sorry for going of on a tangent.

The Raploch.
Made me think ' what happened to the boy who was a footballer '. No idea his name but remember him from the show. Chelsea?
Lots of clues eh.
Anyway sorry for going of on a tangent.
Kevin McKinley (good bluenose family)think he ended up at Ross County at one stage, no idea if he is still playing.

Potentially suicidal if Bielsa goes and sticks that muppet back in goals, there is no sane reason for changing the keeper at this stage the young boy is miles better with the ball at his feet.

Most deluded fans I've ever met, and the most desperate to play in the EPL.

Can't see em not going up now, but it would ne nice if we can p!ss on their parade on Thursday, but I'm fully expecting a 5 - 0 defeat.

C’mon Leeds. Victory tonight all but secures promotion. Gutted I’m working and not able to watch it.

Barnsley are giving Leeds United a bit of a roasting at the minute but they seemed unable to finish otherwise they could be ahead in this game

Really struggling here, Phillips out Costa injured as well know, will be a welcome 3 points if they hold out.

Back