Leeds Utd

When they sold Wood I was worried about their chances but they seem to have a decent team there this season.

Would be great to see them back in the top league and to be honest the like of Nottm Forest, Wolves etc have been away too long as well.

Their success from the late 60's to mid 70's was incredible in a time that was very competitive and always has a soft spot for them even wearing their iconic Admiral white strip with blue and yellow trim and sun type badge as a kid.

Leeds are my English team, we've started the season well and some of the signings the new manager has made are class! Not getting my hopes up too much as we have a tendency to throw it away or make a c*nt of it, like missing out on the play offs last year etc.

Fingers crossed this is our year tho, would love to see Leeds back in the EPL, massive club!

Incredible to see the likes of Leeds remaining in the championship for years while diddy outfits like Burnley, Swansea and Bournemouth have become EPL clubs.

Would love to see them get promoted... the wee boy I think he must have been about 10yrs old singing and crying "We're going down in a minute" on sky the day they were relegated still sticks in my head.

Hope they come up this year a support who have been shat on time and time again by rouges who cared not a jot about the club.

I'd say Leeds will do well to hold onto their manager if he keeps this up , long story but due to their success in the 60's 70's under Revie & with lots of Scottish players they were my 1st real interest in football ........ MOT

My old man lived there as a kid for a couple of years when my Grandpa's job took the family south.

It's always been our English team and I'd love to see them back in the EPL where they deserve to be.

A boy I work with is a big Leeds fan so I've keeping an eye on how they have been performing over the last few years.

So much change recently for both managers and players and when the Kiwi left for Burnley I thought they might struggle but they are doing well so far. Long may it continue.

Looks like this could be the season they return to the top flight. Leeds are the sort of club you want up there as well, a club with a bit of history and a fantastic fanbase who follow in large numbers.

I worked in Leeds for a couple of years and had a great time. Wonderful city, friendly locals and a team that is way bigger than their current status suggests. I hope they get their wish of Premiership football for next season.

100% agree OP.

Always liked Leeds and they have a tremendously loyal support. In the words of Keegan I would love it if they got promoted.

I've always had a soft spot for Leeds also and would love for them to finally sort themselves out and return to the big time.

My mate is a huge Leeds fan and i have been to a few games with him. Big club and great support. Would like to see us play them in a 32 Red cup, like we did with Bristol City when both sponsored by Blackthorns.

Looks like they've got it together this year and if I had to select a team to win the championship it would be them.

I would also like to see them get promotion, they would bring one hell of a support with them to the Premiership.

A sleeping giant. Growing up in the 90s they were always one of the bigger teams. Tragic what's happened to them.

Strange to think teams like Burnley, Bournemouth etc are in the Premier League and Leeds no. However, you can't deny that every team in the Premier League are there on merit.

Started this season really well. Been shafted at boardroom level recently. Hopefully they come up this season.

Really hope they get promoted this year, a massive club with an excellent support. Loved games v Man utd back in the day. Not a lot of love between clubs and supporters, which made for an absolutely brilliant game.
Like some other Bears I would also like to see Wolves and Notts Forest [ just not with Warburton ] back in the EPL, as opposed to shite ;ike Bournemouth and Brighton.

Incredible to see the likes of Leeds remaining in the championship for years while diddy outfits like Burnley, Swansea and Bournemouth have become EPL clubs.

While I would agree about Swansea and Bournemouth, Burnley have spent more seasons in the top league than Leeds, only one one less title than Leeds and up until the seventies could compete with the big city clubs by producing players themselves however once the maximum wage was abolished in 1961 things would eventually go down hill.

In comparison Burnley is around a tenth the population of Leeds

Really hope they get promoted this year, a massive club with an excellent support. Loved games v Man utd back in the day. Not a lot of love between clubs and supporters, which made for an absolutely brilliant game.
Like some other Bears I would also like to see Wolves and Notts Forest [ just not with Warburton ] back in the EPL, as opposed to shite ;ike Bournemouth and Brighton.

Rather Derby than forest. Can't go forest, even before they hired the 3 amigos

Thomas Christiansen looks like a decent manager and they've made a good start to the season.

Watched the 2nd half against Nottingham Forest and the lad Alioski looks a player.

Same as a lot on here, soft spot for Leeds since a kid when half the Scotland squad were Leeds players and i come from the Raploch in Stirling the same as Billy Bremner. Great support, remember watching a game a couple of seasons ago and their chant was " if you're watching on the telly you're a p@@f ! Brilliant"

Leeds United are my English team, one of my first ever strips was the all white one when Bremner played, ......MOT......

Incredible to think they were a CL semi-final side in relatively recent history.

Some of the tales of Peter Ridsdale throwing cash around during that period are mental though.

Incredible to think they were a CL semi-final side in relatively recent history.

Some of the tales of Peter Ridsdale throwing cash around during that period are mental though.

Premiership mega millions came a bit too late for them

Not a Leeds fan but I always look out for their score. When I attended secondary school in the early seventies, many of my English mates (big RAF camp nearby) were Leeds fans. Also, one of my fathet's brothers settled in Leeds after WW2 and followed them home and away. He sent me the programme from the game against the scum at Hampden back in 69/70 (?) but sadly he died before we thrashed them at Elland Road in 93.

Back