Leeds v Derby play-off semi final 2nd leg - ko 7.45pm

Leeds are crying out for a Tav.

I still think he is destined to end up at his boyhood heroes at some stage.

That's crazy. Guys in their 20's would think you were at it if telling them at one point they were exoected to finish top 4 in EPL.

For the best part of 5 years I thought they were on the verge of being one of the dominant teams in the epl. They were such an exciting dynamic team but injuries seemed to do them in each year.

Great game but Leeds have bottled it big time this season.

On course to win the league - threw it away.
Still on course for automatic promotion - threw it away
Coasting in the play-off semi final - threw it away.

That was a cracking match. Leeds seem to have a fitness problem as they were looking good at 1-0. I think Derby have a chance v Villa, what a success for Lampard if they win.

Not the first time a Bielsa team has fizzled out at the end of the season.

It's usually burnout but that's not been the case, their stats are still high for running/pitch covered etc. They just made too many individual errors when it mattered and it's cost them.

All goes back to that Wigan game at Elland Rd, 1-0, Wigan down to 10 men, missed a pen to go 2-0 up and lost 2-1. At that point they were 3 points clear of Sheff Utd.

Also has someone who's followed Villa since the 90's, much happier to be playing Derby than Leeds. We beat them 3-0 away and 4-0 at home this season, granted one off games, anything can happen.

It's usually burnout but that's not been the case, their stats are still high for running/pitch covered etc. They just made too many individual errors when it mattered and it's cost them.

All goes back to that Wigan game at Elland Rd, 1-0, Wigan down to 10 men, missed a pen to go 2-0 up and lost 2-1. At that point they were 3 points clear of Sheff Utd.

Also has someone who's followed Villa since the 90's, much happier to be playing Derby than Leeds. We beat them 3-0 away and 4-0 at home this season, granted one off games, anything can happen.

Now the dust has settled I can see the season for what it was, fucking brilliant until the end, typical Leeds, breaking my heart since 1977 (apart from 1992 and the last real champions) Derby did a number on us which is hugely to their credit and they deserve to heap all the shithousery upon us that we have been giving them since spygate. Their fans were first class, the thing for them now is, much like Villa last season they have to go up, because if they don’t the finances are closing in on them and they may well end up in the shit, I hope they do. I have no love for Villa, their manager is one whining classless lady's front bottom but boy oh boy do I hope they beat Derby next week.

Back