Legends match attendance

Amadaeus

Been looking for the stats and couldn't find any. Looked a decent turnout, must have been close to 30k.

Anyone know the numbers. Thanks in advance.

Said 25,000 on the Liverpool TV channel, have to say though, it did look more. So would go with the 30 + thousand.

Been looking for the stats and couldn't find any. Looked a decent turnout, must have been close to 30k.

Anyone know the numbers. Thanks in advance.

My guess was beyween 30k and 35k. Good turnout in the Copland pay at the gate.

The main stand except the club deck (empty) was pretty full - Copland pretty full - broomloan half full...... I was in SJ rear and looked pretty full except GR7 but not sure of top rows or GR1 side. Great turnout thought it was more than 30k.

“A cheer went up from the 30,000 fans inside Ibrox as Gerrard emerged from the tunnel on the 80thminute to play the final 10 minutes for Rangers.”

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/gerrard-i-loved-playing-at-Ibrox/

My seat is in EE but bought for SJ/ Copland front at 18 yard box and that fuukin Sun was a constant irritant.

Thank fuuk I don't sit there aw the time.

28k tickets and probably 2 or 3 thousand pay at the gate

Walking round to my entry gate and the queue for tickets at temporary office near Edmiston House was long.

Same as the subway queue at the end of the game.

Thank fuuk I had my car.

Thank fuuk for small mercies.

Nobody in attendance today didn't enjoy seeing the gaffer finally get to wear the jersey. He was just as delighted as the rest of us. :))

I missed the first 10 minutes and there was still a couple of thousand waiting at the ticket collection and also pay at the gate turnstiles, so glad I drove in this morning to buy tickets.

Ive been to a few legends games. Always a good turn out. Think the best was around 7 year ago where we played ac Milan glory. 47000+. Even the milan players commented saying they'd never get this in italy. Makes you proud as punch. Although i remember the english press saying the next day us bears would watch blue paint dry. I took it as a compliment.

Walking round to my entry gate and the queue for tickets at temporary office near Edmiston House was long.

Same as the subway queue at the end of the game.

Thank fuuk I had my car.

Thank fuuk for small mercies.

Definitely see your point bro.

Fuuk, fuuk, fuukity, FUUUUUUUUUUUUK was it? :)

FFS, I'd bet there was more in the Copland today than the whole of Hampden tomorrow :))

Who are Queens Park playing anyway :p

'Scotland face performing in front of the lowest-ever crowd for a competitive home international at Hampden on Sunday. As of Saturday afternoon, the Scottish FA was reporting ticket sales of just over 10,000 for the Euro 2020 qualifier against San Marino.' Mail on Sunday

30K+ for a bounce game of Legends at Ibrox

Maybe 10K+ for a Scotland International on a weekend day at Hampdump

Yes, Scottish Football made wise depressions when it shafted the countries Biggest Club at took the fast lane to "celtification" of the SFA and SP(f)L

Worth noting that although 30k may seem decent, Liverpool have had 54k at each of their legends games v Bayern and Milan in recent times. And Man Utd got over 60k for their game v Bayern earlier this year.

Worth noting that although 30k may seem decent, Liverpool have had 54k at each of their legends games v Bayern and Milan in recent times. And Man Utd got over 60k for their game v Bayern earlier this year.

Jeez, you NEVER miss the opportunity to have a moan do you? We had 47k for Milan Glorie a few years ago. There’s so many factors to be considered that dictate what the crowd will be. Time of the year, how much notice is given, what other costs supporters have had around the build up to the match, who’s playing, what’s the weather etc etc. Let’s have another one the week after we clinch the title and see how it goes, eh? The attendance will trump that of the national team today and will even be higher than for some of our Scottish Cup ties in the not too distant past.

It was a decent attendance and everyone enjoyed it. Leave it at that and enjoy life for a wee while. We’re top of the league.;)

Last edited:
Jeez, you NEVER miss the opportunity to have a moan do you? We had 47k for Milan Glorie a few years ago. There’s so many factors to be considered that dictate what the crowd will be. Time of the year, how much notice is given, what other costs supporters have had around the build up to the match, who’s playing, what’s the weather etc etc.

It was a decent attendance and everyone enjoyed it. Leave it at that and enjoy life for a wee while. We’re top of the league.;)
It's simply a comparison. When people say it it a 'great' attendence, it is always useful to put a perspective on it. I know we can be a bit parochial but just comparing with other similar situations is no bad thing. It's not saying our attendence was good or bad - just stating some facts around it and benchmarking against others who have had far higher attendances for similar games. It's just a fact.

It's simply a comparison. When people say it it a 'great' attendence, it is always useful to put a perspective on it. I know we can be a bit parochial but just comparing with other similar situations is no bad thing. It's not saying our attendence was good or bad - just stating some facts around it and benchmarking against others who have had far higher attendances for similar games. It's just a fact.

And had more time to plan for it

Not looking for a fight mate, but you seem to have had a downer on this match right from the start for some reason. Your posts on the subject have been, in the main, overwhelmingly negative.

We‘ve had close to a sell-out in the past as well. That’s fact also. Why look to be negative about the match at all? None of us love Rangers less for not having attended. I’d suggest a June/July match with months of advertising would have drawn more. We are never going to squeeze a game in during that period though.

And had more time to plan for it
How much time do you need? You keep saying that, but I think there was sufficient time ahead of this game. Clearly many just didn't fancy it, compared to Man Utd and Liverpool fans for their home legends games. Rather we were just honest.

Not looking for a fight mate, but you seem to have had a downer on this match right from the start for some reason. Your posts on the subject have been, in the main, overwhelmingly negative.

We‘ve had close to a sell-out in the past as well. That’s fact also. Why look to be negative about the match at all? None of us love Rangers less for not having attended. I’d suggest a June/July match with months of advertising would have drawn more. We are never going to squeeze a game in during that period though.
Like I've mentioned. I'm not criticising the attendance. I am just putting perspective round all the back slapping. If we were just honest and say that many didn't fancy it then that would be more realistic.

You can be sure that on Liverpool forums they will quite rightly question why we only got 30k and they get sell out 54k's. Just the way it is.

Like I've mentioned. I'm not criticising the attendance. I am just putting perspective round all the back slapping. If we were just honest and say that many didn't fancy it then that would be more realistic.

You can be sure that on Liverpool forums they will quite rightly question why we only got 30k and they get sell out 54k's. Just the way it is.

Surely the question on Liverpool forums will be why they only sold around half of their 2500 allocation?

We are in danger of turning a good day out into a negative. I will leave it at that.

How much time do you need? You keep saying that, but I think there was sufficient time ahead of this game. Clearly many just didn't fancy it, compared to Man Utd and Liverpool fans for their home legends games. Rather we were just honest.

How many knew in advance of the announcement 3 week we were playing this game probably very few

Timing is key as we know. It play a part of those attending and I go further the only reason we got 30k is Steven Gerrard stating he would have a cameo role in a blue shirt no need for to happen but it did you just can't accept the fact that is a decent crowd in 3 week notice of the game been announced

Is that happening, id offer a few shekels for that?
Don’t know mate but I hope so because if it’s not, they’re missing a trick.

Auction could see big money but a raffle could see the ordinary supporter have a chance

Back