Legends Statues Outside Ibrox

MalkyMac

I see they've unveiled another statue, the concourse of their stadium is one thing about them that I am envious of.
If we were to have a Legends Walkway with bronze statues along it who would feature? and in what pose?
I've always liked the Sir Stanley Matthews one at Stoke and have always thought it would be a fitting tribute to Jim Baxter.
https://postimg.cc/87BfRn7V

I like statues and would support a Legends Walkway. It's certainly not idolatry which is the worship of a cult image or false god. Our statues are to remember key people who have served the club. We already have a statue of John Greig but like others I would prefer only those who have passed on to be commemorated in this way.

Just to clarify, their stadium is an absolute toilet but the Walkway they have created is pretty decent.
I would also say it doesn't have to be statues, maybe a marble column with their name and photo with an AR marker that you can scan with your phone.

I see they've unveiled another statue, the concourse of their stadium is one thing about them that I am envious of.
If we were to have a Legends Walkway with bronze statues along it who would feature? and in what pose?
I've always liked the Sir Stanley Matthews one at Stoke and have always thought it would be a fitting tribute to Jim Baxter.
https://postimg.cc/87BfRn7V
Envious? Something I’ll never be of they bastards.

I personally think less is more when it comes to this sort of thing. That way the ones that are there have more meaning.

We have one of John Greig and will have a Walter Smith one too. For me, that’s enough.
Two more, Bill Struth and Jimmy Bell, then that’s enough.

Just to clarify, their stadium is an absolute toilet but the Walkway they have created is pretty decent.
I would also say it doesn't have to be statues, maybe a marble column with their name and photo with an AR marker that you can scan with your phone.
Bearing in mind their walkway was funded by GCC to tart the dump up for the 2014 Commonwealth Games.

I think one of Wilton, Struth, Wallace and Smith would be amazing but don't want anything resembling their toilet and aren't we getting a Walter one at some point?

As long as they are not made by the person behind this masterpiece of open secret Mcneil

A disgrace this has been allowed in bellshill theres already one a few miles away at the piggary.
How much did this cost taxpayer funded by north lanarkshire council no doubt ?full of yahoos.

They created nothing, mate. The piggery was and surrounding area was refurbished by the taxpayer for the Commonwealth Games.

A disgrace this has been allowed in bellshill theres already one a few miles away at the piggary.
How much did this cost taxpayer funded by north lanarkshire council no doubt ?full of yahoos.
This one unveiled yesterday is directly beside or in front of a Protestant Church I am led to believe.
Of course it had a bheast pub just behind the statue.

This one unveiled yesterday is directly beside or in front of a Protestant Church I am led to believe.
Its is mate the church is the one where the union flag for queens jubilee was ripped down by the scum out that shithole.

It'll be used to hang Rangers scarves and flags when we win trophies. :)

Was it not created by the taxpayer?

I think, done tastefully, that a statue or two around the stadium would be a fitting tribute to some of those who have passed but played a big role in the club.

We generally have done quite a poor job glorifying our history. If anything the fan led tour and graves project has done more than the club has done in my lifetime.

They created nothing, mate. The piggery was and surrounding area was refurbished by the taxpayer for the Commonwealth Games.
They don't even own their own stadium , Willie haughhey bought it for a knockdown price from Glasgow city council in August 2000 for £ 1000. Just another subject the erudite tinks choose not to broadcast.. :cool:

In my opinion too many statues takes away the importance, story and meaning behind what a towering statue represents and it ends up turning it into a meaningless novelty Madame Tussaud’s.

I agree. Far too much of this stuff going on. Statues, legends walkway, naming stands after players and managers. Not for me.

Memorial to the five young boys from Markinch and one for those lost at the Ibrox disaster is different as is the restoration of graves. These are excellent.

Bearing in mind their walkway was funded by GCC to tart the dump up for the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
And to provide parking facilities which can be used an overspill for events at the Chris hoy

Nothing like a wee revenue stream thrown in for the cause

Meanwhile, we struggle to get a fan zone in our own land

Funded by a compliant City Council was it not?

Back