Legia just kicked off

They have been able to fully rotate their squad today in preparation for the 2nd leg game. They will be solid, organised, hard to breakdown and try hit on the counter with a team that should be full of energy. We need everyone to put in a shift on Thursday, biggest test this squad have had yet. Lets hope we get an early goal and get the place rocking.

Starting 11 vs Us Last Thursday

Radoslaw Majecki
Artur Jedrzejczyk
Igor Lewczuk
Luís Rocha
Pawel Stolarski
André Martins
Cafú
Luquinhas
Marko Vesovic
Valeriane Gvilia
Sandro Kulenovic

Starting 11 vs LKS Lodz Today

Radoslaw Majecki
Iñaki Astiz
Mateusz Wieteska
Michal Karbownik
Pawel Stolarski
Domagoj Antolic
Dominik Nagy
Mateusz Praszelik
Salvador Agra
Tomasz Jodlowiec
Jaroslaw Niezgoda

Go for it from the off..........hit them hard.
Knock them off their stride.
We get an early goal and they are done. Have to come out and that plays into our hands.i am sure the gaffer has been in this position many a time in his playing days.

They have to come to Ibrox looking to win, which means they can't defend too much like they did last Thursday. We have the guys who can take advantage of that situation, space is to our advantage.

They are not a good team. We'll beat them Thursday
They are not a great team but they certainly didn’t look a bad team. Well organised to play on the counter and a threat from set pieces. This will not be an easy game on Thursday but hopefully we will have enough to beat them at Ibrox.

They have to come to Ibrox looking to win, which means they can't defend too much like they did last Thursday. We have the guys who can take advantage of that situation, space is to our advantage.

they'll play exactly the same way waiting to spring on the counter attack or from a set piece

its all about us, play at pace and get the crowd behind the players from the start

or play at walking pace like today and turgid shite

Wouldn't be the first time we failed to beat an average team in Europe-the errors for margin are tight and the game can flip in an instant.

Still they will be coming into a Bears Den and we should be trying to hit them quick and fast-then we will see what they are made of but the longer the game goes on and they are in it then the pressure transfers to us. We play well and take our chances we should get through.

I hope we win, we need to win, and I believe we will win on Thursday. Seeing off Legia will not be a stroll in the park, we have to go for it whilst ensuring that they don't nick an away goal.

Although we are a much improved team from this time last year, IMO two major deficiencies remain. These are - i) a highly skilled midfielder who can open up opposing defenses with a killer pass or by dribbling skill, and b) a big, physical striker in the mould of a Prso or a Jelavic, who can unsettle the opposition defenses and who can score consistently.

Of our current strike force options, Defoe is more of a poacher, whilst Alfredo, at times brilliant, at times exasperating, isn't always the most consistent performer. Given that we are going to face packed defenses more often than not, having players of the type described is something I believe would put us over the top and turn us into a really good team.

Back