Legia sold out - So which 3000 now wont be allowed to attend?

I will be very surprised if we have a section closed for Legia. The ban might stick, but I think we will get it pushed back to another game.

My thinking (hoping) too. Going by what is said on here then it's put the shitters up a lot of people. Be interesting to see how this pans out, IF it goes ahead UEFA are playing a 'divide and conquer' game with our fans

We need the Broomloan for Thursday, hopefully its the club deck

There's a lot of wishful thinking in that comment. Read the Club's statement, its fairly obvious who they will target. An 'no', I don't sit in the Club Deck (though I used to).

I can see Rangers appealing upon the grounds of the game being 6 days away and people from far and wide have made travel arrangements and that the closure is to happen in the next European game, whether this season or next.

Maybe far fetched but seems reasonable. St Joseph’s game was about 5 weeks ago and they announce this six days before a sellout?

They have already said in the statement that they will announce shortly what section is being closed, this isn't being appealed.

We need Ibrox bouncing for this game. My personal opinion is we can’t take Union bears away. I think the best option would be a strip right along the back of clubdeck and relocate those supporters in the offenders seats

The reality is that they're the most likely guilty party. The rest of the stadium will just have to make up for their absence. I can see the whole of BF closed.

That uefa have targeted this game after tickets have been sold is worrying,why not our next home game?
I’ve a feeling that the officials will be under orders to make it as hard as possible for us to win this game

Was only a matter of time before this happened with these FARE bastards and the absolute moon howlers in our own support with the FTP add ons to The Sash etc and the UVF stuff which has absolutely the square root of Fck All to do with Rangers.

It's cringe worthy listening sometimes at the choice of songs at away games.

Also as an O.O member it pisses me off folk adding FTP to the end of The Sash etc
Some people need to come into the real world.

Hope they are proud now.

My thinking (hoping) too. Going by what is said on here then it's put the shitters up a lot of people. Be interesting to see how this pans out, IF it goes ahead UEFA are playing a 'divide and conquer' game with our fans

I think UEFA are really pushing the Equality policies which I totally get, however it certainly appears to me that they have picked some teams with history and went for them. If it was specific issues then surely we could appeal etc.

A warning across Europe perhaps and hoping this is enough to put the shitters up other clubs.

I also get the feeling we have been extremely unlucky surrounding this.

The club are shitebags we should be fighting against this shit. How many slaps on the wrists have the terriers has with their terrorist shit.

Rangers not even challenging them calling it racist behaviour - half our team are black ffs. There is nothing racist at Ibrox.

Was only a matter of time before this happened with these FARE bastards and the absolute moon howlers in our own support with the FTP add ons to The Sash etc and the UVF stuff which has absolutely the square root of Fck All to do with Rangers.

It's cringe worthy listening sometimes at the choice of songs at away games.

Also as an O.O member it pisses me off folk adding FTP to the end of The Sash etc
Some people need to come into the real world.

Hope they are proud now.

Well, unfortunately mate that's the situation we're dealing with and there's nothing we can do about it. We can't stand up to UEFA like we can the SFA.

Probably BF1, that’s a guess. But we can’t do without the Union Bears for this one. We need the atmosphere to get us through. Personally I’d rather the club contact the last 3000 people to purchase tickets for this game and tell them they have been refunded. This would give the club time to identify those responsible and refuse them tickets for the Europa group games.

(Ps. I’m a white collar fan who sits in the main stand)
It’s mostly them that start the songs Thts put us in the shit

3000 disappointed Gers fans and the loss of £60k or so to the club. That's a particularly vicious penalty. Whilst we need to stop these songs, this is a premeditated attack imho.

Of course it is. Lawwell gets promoted and a week later we get fined for an event that happened about 7 weeks ago? I'm the last for conspiracies like them lot but this has rhat involvement written all over it.

It will be interesting to see a lot of supporters reactions towards the Union Bears after this.Yes they provide atmosphere and colour but if I was going to be missing a massive game because of their actions I would be pretty pissed off.

That uefa have targeted this game after tickets have been sold is worrying,why not our next home game?
I’ve a feeling that the officials will be under orders to make it as hard as possible for us to win this game

They punished Partizan on August 12th for racist chanting (amongst other things) during a match on August 8th.

Why so long to punish us for this one. And are there further charges for anything from the Progres and Midtjylland games?

I think UEFA are really pushing the Equality policies which I totally get, however it certainly appears to me that they have picked some teams with history and went for them. If it was specific issues then surely we could appeal etc.

A warning across Europe perhaps and hoping this is enough to put the shitters up other clubs.

I also get the feeling we have been extremely unlucky surrounding this.

What I mean is. UEFA warn club to warn fans over singing/behaviour...........club warns fans.........some fans pay no attention..........club does nothing aside from issue more words.....UEFA close part of the stadium...........fans turn on each other hoping who they want to win, win.

Just a thought?

Or we could just stick with that it's all Peter Lawwell and his wives, brothers, sisters uncles pals dug who is out to get us? :D:D:D:D:D

Of course it is. Lawwell gets promoted and a week later we get fined for an event that happened about 7 weeks ago? I'm the last for conspiracies like them lot but this has rhat involvement written all over it.

Was just about to post the very same.

This has that b@stards grubby paws allover it. Deflection from the rape of children over 50 years at his sordid club.

It will be interesting to see a lot of supporters reactions towards the Union Bears after this.Yes they provide atmosphere and colour but if I was going to be missing a massive game because of their actions I would be pretty pissed off.
These lads instigate most of our songs at Ibrox. The club need to engage with them ASAP

From the Rangers statement:

"UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters."

Its not really too difficult to have a good guess. I'd say all the Rangers sections of BF plus whatever of BR it takes to make up to the 3000 empty seats required.
Just shut down the Away end !

Grass him up.
I’m only half joking. Because this is soon going to be a regular course of action for the sane who care about the clubs finances and reputation
I think I must sit near you mate.... could greet when I see him coming in...

I’d shut the Copland rear before the Broomy front!

Broomloan Front is logical. Already got away supporters in and the most likely culprits. I've already assumed my ticket in BF2's been gubbed and bought another one with a restricted view in the Main Stand as it was all that was left.

These lads instigate most of our songs at Ibrox. The club need to engage with them ASAP
This. They instigate the majority of the songs at Ibrox, the club needs to work with them rather than against them. Surely it wouldn't be that difficult?

The ruling says there must be an ‘#EqualGame’ banner covering the empty seats, meaning that it will be one section closed as opposed to seats dotted about the place.

From the Rangers statement:

"UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters."

Its not really too difficult to have a good guess. I'd say all the Rangers sections of BF plus whatever of BR it takes to make up to the 3000 empty seats required.
Could the club use the previously agreed segregation areas that no tickets were being sold for anyway, and count this as part of the closure - from memory first 4 rows of br 4 & 5 and an area of bf 3 - this could soften the impact

Yes we can . I’m sick of them . The huff they pulled at the end of last season did it for me . Their smoke bombs and generally behaving like wee fannies is going on long enough. . I’ve been going to Ibrox for over thirty years , I don’t need some wee guy with a drum telling me what to sing . Their Uber chants do my head in . That’s why we’ve been done . Bin them
Couldn’t agree more. They are the ones who are primarily responsible for this sanction and they are the ones who should be punished. It is ridiculous to suggest that the UB should get off Scot free at the expense of innocent fans.

This. They instigate the majority of the songs at Ibrox, the club needs to work with them rather than against them. Surely it wouldn't be that difficult?

I can't see the Club willing to work with the Union Bears if their antics got us into this tbh, although it is the sensible option the club administration is completely out of touch with the fans.

Could the club use the previously agreed segregation areas that no tickets were being sold for anyway, and count this as part of the closure - from memory first 4 rows of br 4 & 5 and an area of bf 3 - this could soften the impact

If they have any sense they will - and I think they will include those segregation seats in their calculations - but I suspect that would still see the entire BF devoid of any Rangers fans. 3000 is a pretty huge number to reach, a few rows here and there isn't going to cut it.

I can't see the Club willing to work with the Union Bears if their antics got us into this tbh, although it is the sensible option the club administration is completely out of touch with the fans.
I think that is part of the problem tbh.

So, who is starting the songs on Thursday?

Going to have a big effect on the atmosphere.

It’ll be the UB and because of the amount of Legia fans travelling and the amount of policing which will need to take place; don’t be surprised if the lower tier of BF is empty

I missed the Progres game, is there another kick in the baws coming? I mind it was a fine night so can imagine the Bucky was getting tanked.

It’ll be the UB and because of the amount of Legia fans travelling and the amount of policing which will need to take place; don’t be surprised if the lower tier of BF is empty

That being the case they can ram any future UEFA tickets right up their shiters.

I think that is part of the problem tbh.

We almost need a new Union Bears as such involving the younger generation and a positive songbook that won't get us into trouble. Let's be honest, I can list about 6 different songs commonly sang outside of Follow Follow & Blue Sea of Ibrox and at least 5 of them have references to Ulster etc.

I'm not even going to lie, all the people on here giving it large about how the UB are fannies yet without them Ibrox's atmosphere is dire outside of the Old Firm or important European ties. The club need to work with them or else Ibrox will turn incredibly stale, albeit that's happening already.

I think I must sit near you mate.... could greet when I see him coming in...

I dont see him coming in, I think he comes in the stairs along from me but I'm not long in finding out he is in. I'm a wee bit along from him and I'm ready for losing it, god only knows what it's like for the guys right beside him

We need the Broomloan for Thursday, hopefully its the club deck
It's going to be a visual area that gets shut as the club need to display a Uefa banner as.part.of the punishment for all to see. Broomie front will be shut here.

Back