Legia sold out - So which 3000 now wont be allowed to attend?

Plenty of Rangers songs we can all sing along to doesn't need to include the pope or 19th Century Terrorists or bobby sands. Am 50 now haven't indulged in songs about them for a long time but when blue sea of Ibrox comes on am in full voice. Sing songs about Rangers thats all we have to do. I hate the mick bastards and there religion but Ibrox park isn't the place to express my veiws.

We need Ibrox bouncing for this game. My personal opinion is we can’t take Union bears away. I think the best option would be a strip right along the back of clubdeck and relocate those supporters in the offenders seats

We cant get rid of the clowns that caused the issue in the first place? Others to miss out and the folk who cause it get to go?

Behave

Some of the responses on here are a joke. It seems that most think season ticket holders are above singing a naughty songs and have a God given right not to be included in the shut section, demanding that single issue tickets are used as a scapegoat. What about the long travellers who can only make one or two matches a year. Do we just accept that they should suffer the travel expense loss accommodation etc. Its time to grow up loose the B.B. we arent getting it back, and stop with the stupid addons. I stand to loose as much as anybody else along with my son in BR3.

The first ‘losers’ have to be the Union Bears, the worst travesty would be them keeping their seats while others were banned,

What about us in BF2, BF3, BF4 & BF5 ???? Should we also just be moved so there is no travesty in your eyes?

Bollox, this is a stadium wide issue. The club need to protect their top customers, shut the area with the least season ticket coverage.

Exactly this, my son and I are in BF4 too. Travelling back from Warsaw looking forward to the return leg to be met with this feckin nonsense...angry as hell with some a-holes In our support.

An other in the same boat here. Would they be likely to cancel the last 3000 tickets on general sale and give them to those effected who are on the cccs?

If there’s any good to come of this I want to see the club identify the individuals in the ‘evidence’ and cancel their season tickets and ban them. It seriously cannot be difficult to identify individuals as I’m sure the cameras were on them. It will be too late to help the 3000 fans that will miss out but if the club bans 100 guilty fans as a result then at least that’s dealing with the problem.

My son is bf1 and was in Florida with me at the time should he miss out for this match ? Surely the fairest way if it fully sold out is to refund the last 3000 tickets sold and relocate the folk in the sections to be closed to other areas.
Hopefully now the morons in our support will be shouted down by other fans however the club need to ask those bastards at uefa for a full breakdown or what songs were sung and see the report on it. Make no mistake we have been targeted we should be asking why

Club must take responsibility for this, the UB have been at this every game this season and nothing was done.

Why not ask for volunteers, and those that believe it is their right to sing these add-ons , I'm sure will agree to give up their seats that evening.

They can start off with the nugget that's moved into CD7 who wont shut the f"ck up with his FTP, 19th Century Terrorist b@stards etc when no one else is singing. Chances are Fare were probably in our section aswell with the perfect view of BF1
Have you reported him then?

My son is bf1 and was in Florida with me at the time should he miss out for this match ? Surely the fairest way if it fully sold out is to refund the last 3000 tickets sold and relocate the folk in the sections to be closed to other areas.
Hopefully now the morons in our support will be shouted down by other fans however the club need to ask those bastards at uefa for a full breakdown or what songs were sung and see the report on it. Make no mistake we have been targeted we should be asking why

No he shouldn't - however that section has to be included in any areas being "shut down" - it's kinda the danger in sitting there - we all know the UB still do the add-ons etc.

I don't agree with the "last 3000 tickets sold" - so prob incident folk, who bough tickets in good faith, in more than likely areas that aren't BF should be told "nah sorry mate, we'll let the offending ones in and you'll miss out"

Unfortunately imo everyone in BF1 should miss out - even those not involved/there - this needs to be a message from the Club to that group of supporters to CAN IT

People screaming that we need the UBs. Some of the best atmospheres I have attended at Ibrox was before they were even formed. Even after they were formed when Ibrox has been rocking it normally starts elsewhere in the stadium not them.

It was their section that started the Stevie Clarke song last season that saw a big deal made and although I wasn't at the St.Joseph's game going by comments its them that started the Billy Boys, all this while they throw their teddy's out the pram at end of last season. We dont want to be like them across the road who have allowed their Green Brigade numpties to get completely out of control.

The Union Bears like to take responsibility for the Ibrox atmosphere when it's good, time they take some criticism, but going on the history with them they will blame everyone else again.

An other in the same boat here. Would they be likely to cancel the last 3000 tickets on general sale and give them to those effected who are on the cccs?
I don't think that will happen mate although it's a good idea. UEFA will want a solid section of seats empty of fans where they can place their banners.

It’s amazing how many folk want BF1 closed because of UB - I’d put £ on the majority of BF1 being walk up fans for the St Josephs game

Is there a block that is solely public sale.
If there is I reckon there’s a chance that’ll be refunded (around £75k loss perhaps) rather than cancelling ST holders tickets?

This. They instigate the majority of the songs at Ibrox, the club needs to work with them rather than against them. Surely it wouldn't be that difficult?
Or they need to work with the club instead of protests?

Union bears get away with to much.

Aye they bring colour and noise but got to reel it in with some of the songs they sing.

Am not saying it’s all the fault but they start it no need to start they songs. If they love the billy boys tht much change the lyrics to different words. Just stop with the fennian word. Coz next time it’s jist gonna get worse and can see the sfa coming down hard on us next game we sing these in the league.

Everyone needs to chin in together if u hear boys starting it get them told shut up

Fucking brutal this is happening one of the biggest nights at Ibrox in a while.

From the Rangers statement:

"UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters."

Its not really too difficult to have a good guess. I'd say all the Rangers sections of BF plus whatever of BR it takes to make up to the 3000 empty seats required.
Can we shut the away end?

We seriously need to just start reporting folk, not to the stewards who’ll do fuckall but to that grass line. It’s a horrible position to be in but if they continue with this they deserve it

Is there a block that is solely public sale.
If there is I reckon there’s a chance that’ll be refunded (around £75k loss perhaps) rather than cancelling ST holders tickets?
No. There are ST holders in every section of the ground

Club must take responsibility for this, the UB have been at this every game this season and nothing was done.
So you want to blame the club for fans behaviour? You not seen any of there warnings? Think the fans need to have a word with themselves, not the club.

No he shouldn't - however that section has to be included in any areas being "shut down" - it's kinda the danger in sitting there - we all know the UB still do the add-ons etc.

I don't agree with the "last 3000 tickets sold" - so prob incident folk, who bough tickets in good faith, in more than likely areas that aren't BF should be told "nah sorry mate, we'll let the offending ones in and you'll miss out"

Unfortunately imo everyone in BF1 should miss out - even those not involved/there - this needs to be a message from the Club to that group of supporters to CAN IT

Very good. There’s folk who’ve been to all domestic games, all home euro games and some euro away trips but they should potentially miss out so that fabs who bought in public sale can go?

I’ve signed up to all cup home games on cccs so I expect to be relocated elsewhere

What about us in BF2, BF3, BF4 & BF5 ???? Should we also just be moved so there is no travesty in your eyes?

Bollox, this is a stadium wide issue. The club need to protect their top customers, shut the area with the least season ticket coverage.

No mate , I’m not saying that at all.

Union Bears first to go then work out some way of meeting the rest of the quota.

It’s s mess and a half .

When will we find out what sections are being closed ? This has been on the cards for a while . Some fans need to really wise up and see this is only hurting the club. We have plenty of good rangers songs , so need to sing the other stuff and add ons.

Very good. There’s folk who’ve been to all domestic games, all home euro games and some euro away trips but they should potentially miss out so that fabs who bought in public sale can go?

I’ve signed up to all cup home games on cccs so I expect to be relocated elsewhere

No they miss out for acting like ****ing idiots.

No mate , I’m not saying that at all.

Union Bears first to go then work out some way of meeting the rest of the quota.

It’s s mess and a half .
Why the UB first to go?

Like its been said countless times, you’ll get the majority of the stadium singing these songs in big games.

I’d put a large bet on Gerrard not wanting to lose the BF if he was given the option.

So you want to blame the club for fans behaviour? You not seen any of there warnings? Think the fans need to have a word with themselves, not the club.

How many warnings, plenty and no change in the behaviour. The club should have acted after the St Joseph’s game. We’re playing a wee diddy team from Gibraltar and these morons are singing about the pope and the Vatican. The club should tell them the ban is for the rest of the season.

Honestly, some folk on here need to get off their high horse.

Against Aberdeen and the Tims last year we had full stadium renditions of TBB, but who’s getting the blame, yes of course, it’s the UB who are getting criticised.

Hopefully the club come out asap and let people know what the script is of where's is closed. I do suspect they know of this in advance and now onw with tickets will be effected,
I look forward to more UB silent protests:rolleyes:

The timing of this Uefa decision could not have been at a worse time coming a day after the Public Sale meaning significantly more rework.
While not condoning the singing I do wonder if timmy grubby paws are all over this.

Imagine telling your son/daughter/whoever that you were taking them to Ibrox for a massive European game then you get your seat taken off you because of these backward idiots.

I’m in the main stand for the game so I’m guessing I’ll be fine? But all the people on here talking about going to war with UEFA, conspiracy theories etc need to wind their neck in. We don’t have a leg to stand on here.

The solution is for the reasonable fans to actually report the idiots. If we don’t, it’ll be decent fans who get hit with the punishment again next time it happens.

By all accounts it was the UB’s who started TBB’s during the St Joseph’s game though. Given it would appear that is what we are now being punished for, surely it is perfectly reasonably that they become the subject of criticism?

Back