Legia Televised?

Just curious but what’s the justification for that fee and I believe Sky and BT are even more? Is it not now legal to get a foreign broadcast of games? Pretty sure a bar owner (female ?) from down south won a so called landmark case?
It's illegal not to have the proper Commercial agreement in pubs to show live football on TV.
They don't need any justification, that's the price, Take it or leave it.
We pay nearly £20K a year to show football. It's something we need.

It's illegal not to have the proper Commercial agreement in pubs to show live football on TV.

That a lot of pints to pay for that it ridiculous. The court case I recall the woman won as she was using a Greek receiver was the verdict overturned?

That a lot of pints to pay for that it ridiculous. The court case I recall the woman won as she was using a Greek receiver was the verdict overturned?

Her case was based on the freedom of movement of goods in the EU. In other words, she won in the sense that you can buy a decoder from wherever you want in the EU. However the rights holders (I.e Premier League) changed tack and went after breach of copyright, and they’ve had some huge wins based on commercial misuse off the back of that.

Sky eventually got her for Copyright as she was showing the Sky Symbols on her TV/
I believe she actually lost her pub. You can't beat City Hall.

Her case was based on the freedom of movement of goods in the EU. In other words, she won in the sense that you can buy a decoder from wherever you want in the EU. However the rights holders (I.e Premier League) changed tack and went after breach of copyright, and they’ve had some huge wins based on commercial misuse off the back of that.
Yes buy it from anywhere, just can't show it.

Just curious but what’s the justification for that fee and I believe Sky and BT are even more? Is it not now legal to get a foreign broadcast of games? Pretty sure a bar owner (female ?) from down south won a so called landmark case?
I think she lost it in the end though.

That’s what I was thinking of in my previous post.

Is it not on BT? I thought the Playoff was automatically part of the BT contract?

EDIT: IGNORE just seen that BT are saying they won't show it.

I don't have the full Rangers TV (I've got RTV plus - no point in full package as have a season ticket) package plus an extra £9.99 for the away ties.

Even if you have a season ticket the RTV unlimited package is a better option. Especially when there are at least 3 or 4 away games per month. It's nice that even when you are at the game yourself your friends and family can actually watch the home games.

However, I wouldn't pay to watch football on TV unless it was Rangers.

Also, God willing when we get there, I will only be watching Rangers group stage games in the pubs that paid for RTV in the qualifying rounds.

As regards Premier TV only getting one Rangers Europa League Qualifying game so far this season, well in the words of a famous 'Who' song, 'We Won't Be Fooled Again'. And I will be telling them that when I cancel in.rhe coming days.

I signed up for Premier in June for Copa America with the expectation of keeping it for our Qualifiers in July and August. The presumption was that they covered the Lion's share of our qualifiers in 2018/19 and the same would happen this season. I think that they have pulled a fast one here.
RTV will see the colour of what little money I have next season.

As regards Premier TV only getting one Rangers Europa League Qualifying game so far this season, well in the words of a famous 'Who' song, 'We Won't Be Fooled Again'. And I will be telling them that when I cancel in.rhe coming days.

I signed up for Premier in June for Copa America with the expectation of keeping it for our Qualifiers in July and August. The presumption was that they covered the Lion's share of our qualifiers in 2018/19 and the same would happen this season. I think that they have pulled a fast one here.

Premier are a tin pot company.

They have the League Cup rights from next season but I wouldn't be surprised if they went bust prior to that.

Shower of amateurs.

I’m in Dalyan, Turkey and pretty sure there will be no pubs showing the game. If anyone knows any different then please give me a shout!! (was here last year and couldn’t see anywhere showing us v Ufa).

Anyway, even though my hotel WiFi is not great it looks like my best chance of seeing the game is on my phone via RTV.

Just signed up with a view to making a one game purchase, but looks like the game is not yet available to buy.

Is it safe to assume it is too early to do so, and it will appear for purchase in the next few days??

Cheers,

CT

I’m in Dalyan, Turkey and pretty sure there will be no pubs showing the game. If anyone knows any different then please give me a shout!! (was here last year and couldn’t see anywhere showing us v Ufa).

Anyway, even though my hotel WiFi is not great it looks like my best chance of seeing the game is on my phone via RTV.

Just signed up with a view to making a one game purchase, but looks like the game is not yet available to buy.

Is it safe to assume it is too early to do so, and it will appear for purchase in the next few days??

Cheers,

CT
Do you not get free roaming data now, therefore dont require wifi?

Is that not just in the EU? Turkey obviously not being in it.

I don’t know if it’s still the same, but Turkey used to be classed as outside of Europe. I got stung for a bill of £200 just from looking at updates online when we played Artmedia Bratislava in a 0-0 draw. I can just about laugh at it now, but I was raging at the time:D

So have BT lost all Scottish football from next season? Betfred and Scottish Cups both on Premier? Sky have league to itself, and BT the European games.

I hooked up to roaming when I arrived and straight away got a message from EE saying I would need to buy a data bundle, at extortionate prices for very little data. My response was a Nacho Novo.

Prem had the away legs against both St Joes and Progres

It’s getting beyond a joke this, season defining matches seen only by a few. Same shit with UFA away last season. I’d urge everyone to cancel Premier and BT in protest - we’re treated like shit.

It’s getting beyond a joke this, season defining matches seen only by a few. Same shit with UFA away last season. I’d urge everyone to cancel Premier and BT in protest - we’re treated like shit.
I’m sure it will be on RTV so everyone can see it and money goes to the club, what’s not to like?

Is it not our choice to beat Premier/BT to this?

I've no idea how much companies pay for the qualifiers - but the likes of BT/Sky are focused on their main products, the EPL and internationals for Sky, and the EPL, Champions League and Europa League for BT.

Premier is slightly different as they'll be looking to attract a new audience from broadcasting the games.

But let's say Rangers had a 50,000 audience on RTV each paying £10, that's £500k. If we give Legia half of that it's £250k.

Are BT/Sky/Premier going to make £250k from screening the match? BT and Sky probably won't get many new subscribers, and for Premier it's probably not worth it for a one-off.

I'd be interested to know what Premier paid to broadcast the St Joseph's and Progres games.

That is actually ridiculous. I would love to see how that compares to other countries. Necessary but seems extreme. Do they base the price on the size of the pub or something?

Pretty sure RangersTV tend to not advertise or make the purchase link available until 48 hours or so before the game. My money would be on the link appearing this evening.

That is actually ridiculous. I would love to see how that compares to other countries. Necessary but seems extreme. Do they base the price on the size of the pub or something?

Think it’s really dear in Germany, less and less pubs have Sky out there now.

We are in Hamburg on a stag do, one of the party contacted a Hamburg supporters club and they said they'd show it there. I am hoping that is still the case as I am wondering what channel they'll have it on.

I’m sure it will be on RTV so everyone can see it and money goes to the club, what’s not to like?
Just the fact I’ve already forked out for 2 x friendlies, 4 x home qualifiers, Premier sports sub, all on top of season ticket. Another tenner sticks in the craw, considering the stream will probably be buffering and I’ll need to watch it on the computer. Too much to ask that folk who purchase second leg tickets get the away leg gratis on RTV? Thought not!

Back