Legia Warsaw Forum

Wild & Wired

The last three pages of the thread "Legia in European Cups" is interesting reading, from just after their midweek 0-2 away win against Atromitos of Greece.

Overall, despite the confidence boost of their win, they seem pretty nervous about playing us.

Morelos, Arfield, Ojo and Defoe being highlighted as real threats.

Link below via google translate, which I'm guessing explains their peculiar fascination with cucumbers.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://forum.legionisci.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

I bet, even after what happened between them, there are still some mentally challengeds now signing up for Legia forums to wish them luck, talk about Sevco etc
Of course there will be. The mentally challengeds have no shame. If you can abuse a squad player’s death, what’s a 3-0 default victory amongst friends.

They strike me as a bit of a mental support. I wouldn't expect them to be pally with us just cos of their falling out with the mentally challengeds.

They are absolutely bonkers over there. I read an article about their ultras where it told of them losing to their rivals Poznan. The ultras stopped the team bus and ordered the players off, once off the bus the ultras proceeded to kick the shit out of the players.

Reading some players comments saying we will struggle against their strong defence and they are underdogs but that's how they like it.Im guessing the bookies make us favourites but I dont feel that way which is a good thing no complacency here,are Legia better than the Danes or teams we beat last season .

These matches are going to be tasty.
images

Basically they are saying we are excellent going forward but have a shit defence .:D

Maybe a bit harsh on our back 4 , as individually they are all great players , apart from our LB area of course . It’s just that we leave ourselves open because we attack a lot

From what I can gather Legia are the opposite , brilliant defensively but shy in attack

Will be an interesting match up

It seems to be mix of respect, insecurity and a a wee bit of cockiness engendered by their win in Greece. That result suggests that they will be no pushovers and that it is important to leave Warsaw with parity or better.

It will be tough, but far from insurmountable when you look at who we could have drawn, the EL is looking like a very glamorous tournament this season.

"It will be very hard, Rangers are not cucumbers. We need two matches similar to Spartak."

What a translation that is.
I've seen that cucumbers expression crop up a lot haha. Basically seems to be that a "cucumber" is a shite football team.

Reading that to me comes across they are pretty confident in beating us. I'll be honest. I've absolutely no idea what to expect from them.

Reading that to me comes across they are pretty confident in beating us. I'll be honest. I've absolutely no idea what to expect from them.
I've no clue either but surely they can't be any better than Midjyland

A few seem to be fairly confident, however their confidence is based on two aspects:

1. A shite Romanian team beat our league Champions.
2. They cuffed our league champions 6-1 on Agg a few years back.

Thank Christ we are not our league champions!

We really have nothing to worry about apart from the potential hostile atmosphere over there, just play our game and don’t take the foot off like we did the last half hour or so last night and I think wel win comfortably, polish clubs results in Europe don’t stand out at all everyone was worried about Midtjylland and look what happened there

I've no clue either but surely they can't be any better than Midjyland

Absolutely no idea tbh mate. I'm looking on wiki about some info on them. They finished runners up last year to a team I've never actually heard of Piast Gliwice. Hard to really get a bearing on them can only assume they should be a level above the Danes.

We really have nothing to worry about apart from the potential hostile atmosphere over there, just play our game and don’t take the foot off like we did the last half hour or so last night and I think wel win comfortably, polish clubs results in Europe don’t stand out at all everyone was worried about Midtjylland and look what happened there
I don't think the atmosphere over there will affect our players one bit, and even if atmospheres do play a part I think ours will be more hostile than theirs, especially if we need a win in the 2nd leg.

Back