Legia Warsaw Forum

Hey, I've made post on their forum and was wondering if anyone had any ideas going forward.

Nothing exciting:

'Hello, I am a fan of Rangers and made a profile to answer any questions you may have before travelling to Glasgow. Admin, ban if not allowed. Thank you'.

'Witam, jestem fanem Rangersów i stworzyłem profil, aby odpowiedzieć na wszelkie pytania, które możesz mieć przed podróżą do Glasgow. Administrator, ban, jeśli nie jest dozwolony. Dziękuję Ci'.

I think we can play this well and have a comfy two legs. They will need to come here so I think a 'let's treat each other as we wish to be treated' attitude would be good. I'm really welcome for any input but have a friend hoping to recon with a contingent of their fans and think this could be to our advantage.
I’m sure your intentions are honourable m8 but I’d be wary of this. A lot of Eastern European ultras arrange meet ups for a scrap. You have the potential to be misunderstood. If they come to Glasgow and behave I’m sure the Rangers support will treat them well. However, for the trip to Warsaw I’d be anticipating a hostile reception no matter how many friendly exchanges are made before the match. I certainly wouldn’t agree to meet any of their fans in Warsaw

I’m sure your intentions are honourable m8 but I’d be wary of this. A lot of Eastern European ultras arrange meet ups for a scrap. You have the potential to be misunderstood. If they come to Glasgow and behave I’m sure the Rangers support will treat them well. However, for the trip to Warsaw I’d be anticipating a hostile reception no matter how many friendly exchanges are made before the match. I certainly wouldn’t agree to meet any of their fans in Warsaw
I'll make a point of not responding to anything other than direct (relevant) questions and will just ignore anything other than that. I won't be meeting up with any Polish Ultras over there, either! :D

I seen a policy statement from their ultras for a trip to Napoli a couple of seasons back. The basic idea is (or was) that the Legia have no control over the distribution of tickets for the away section. The tickets go to the ultras and they distribute.

They do no accept "foreigners" in their section and this includes local Polish people that live in the country of the game as their theory is that these people probably happily watch other teams that play in their current country of residence as well and so they cannot be considered to be "Legia". These people are called 'immigrants' and must sit in the home team's section only.

No girls allowed (well.. apart from the ones that 'belong' to ultras groups).

They do not appreciate their supporters who want to drink alcohol and eat pizza in the old town before going into the away section. It's football "not vacation".

Nothing exciting:

'Hello, I am a fan of Rangers and made a profile to answer any questions you may have before travelling to Glasgow. Admin, ban if not allowed. Thank you'.

'Witam, jestem fanem Rangersów i stworzyłem profil, aby odpowiedzieć na wszelkie pytania, które możesz mieć przed podróżą do Glasgow. Administrator, ban, jeśli nie jest dozwolony. Dziękuję Ci'.

I think we can play this well and have a comfy two legs. They will need to come here so I think a 'let's treat each other as we wish to be treated' attitude would be good. I'm really welcome for any input but have a friend hoping to recon with a contingent of their fans and think this could be to our advantage.

As said, if anyone has any ideas or comments do pile in. I'm sure they are just looking for a singsong and a bevvy like the rest of us.

Jesus wept.

Stop now.

Please.

I worked with a young polish guy a few years back , he was one of the agency workers the company employed .

He was a Legia fan , nice enough but really quiet . Seemed to have the strictest diet I’ve ever seen for a 21 year old , basically chicken breasts and green stuff , and drank those whey shake things. Skinhead , done about a thousand chinups on a bar hanging off the side of the warehouse , built like a tank . Looked a psycho but always pleasant . If they are all built like that cant then getting into a scrap isn’t a good idea . We go in peace :D

I know this is a riddy for a lot of people but if we can just point out a few things (Louden being fans only, etc.) we can maybe head off a few potential flashpoints. I don't think we should be actively posting on their forum/winding them up.

I know this is a riddy for a lot of people but if we can just point out a few things (Louden being fans only, etc.) we can maybe head off a few potential flashpoints. I don't think we should be actively posting on their forum/winding them up.

Mate, they’re not interested. Their ultras run the show. Let Police Scotland do their job when they come over and stop embarrassing us.

You’re just asking for bother by even making contact. If you go on a forum like that telling them not to go to the Louden because it’s full of Rangers fans, chances are that’s where they’ll go.

I worked with a young polish guy a few years back , he was one of the agency workers the company employed .

He was a Legia fan , nice enough but really quiet . Seemed to have the strictest diet I’ve ever seen for a 21 year old , basically chicken breasts and green stuff , and drank those whey shake things. Skinhead , done about a thousand chinups on a bar hanging off the side of the warehouse , built like a tank . Looked a psycho but always pleasant . If they are all built like that cant then getting into a scrap isn’t a good idea . We go in peace :D

Those are exactly the fans that I saw in Warsaw airport last week.

If I were you, I wouldn’t.
They're uni students not Ultras but I'm listening to everything in this thread and not posting/doing anything without parsing it first.

If people want me to stfu/pull the profile, that's fine.
If people want to consult on replies to anything posted to me, that's better.

My idea is to do one more post saying 'x pub is fine for you, here's how to get to Ibrox'. I'll likely call Bier Halle and ask if they're fine for 50-80 nutters with Warsaw accents.

I'm also not posting anything on their forum that isn't a reply to a direct question. I'd like to think that between us we can offer some form of advice but if I never post again on that forum that's fine too.

Last edited:
They're uni students not Ultras but I'm listening to everything in this thread and not posting/doing anything without parsing it first.

If people want me to stfu/pull the profile, that's fine.
If people want to consult on replies to anything posted to me, that's better.

My idea is to do one more post saying 'x pub is fine for you, here's how to get to Ibrox'. I'll likely call Bier Halle and ask if they're fine for 50-80 nutters with Warsaw accents.

I'm also not posting anything on their forum that isn't a reply to a direct question. I'd like to think that between us we can offer some form of advice but if I never post again on that forum that's fine too.
Don't think you need to pull your profile, looks like someone wants all Scots banned from their forum.

I'm sure your intentions were good mate, not so sure their Ultras were really looking for travel advice in the first place. Once the lurkers got involved, didn't take long to go pear shaped though!

I'll leave it as is and see how it goes. If I get asked 'how to get from x to Ibrox' I'll reply. If I get banned/a load of nonsense I'll ignore it. I can imagine how a similar post from them would go down on here so am not expecting sunshine and rainbows.

Clint Hill is definitely having a bit of trouble 'blending in'.

I especially likes this 'gem' of diplomacy:

'You have won nothing in europe, you haven't even made a European final before. Small club followed by irrelevant supporters'.

Or:
Losing this playoff will be the highlight of your season. Lol you got pumped by F91 Dudelange (whoever those unknowns are) last year in the third round. Cant wait for us getting an easy result in Poland.​

o_O

Ajax supporters were attacked before in Warsaw the night before the game a couple years ago. As I said before this is probably the most dangerous support we’ll have come across.

We have nothing to fear from them that we won't dish out in spades in the return, which is an issue in itself given the microscope we operate under. The main problem is that the two sets of supporters have the potential to turn a fairly routine tie into a shitshow. If we can sow the seed of 'mutually assured good-behaviour' we'll be doing well.

Just watched brief highlights of yesterdays game on You Tube, look decent and quick, not much to go on though

We have nothing to fear from them that we won't dish out in spades in the return, which is an issue in itself given the microscope we operate under. The main problem is that the two sets of supporters have the potential to turn a fairly routine tie into a shitshow. If we can sow the seed of 'mutually assured good-behaviour' we'll be doing well.

That's not how Ultras in Eastern Europe work mate. They've been doing double training sessions in MMA in pre season. Just to maintain match fitness. They won't care, you are just a random Rangers fan posting on their forum. Appreciate the sentiment but I fear you've probably wasted your time.

Just watched brief highlights of yesterdays game on You Tube, look decent and quick, not much to go on though
I'm sure they'd appreciate the reminder that they still need to come to Glasgow, however they behave this week, and that their welcome will reflect ours.

*Replied to the wrong post

That's not how Ultras in Eastern Europe work mate. They've been doing double training sessions in MMA in pre season. Just to maintain match fitness. They won't care, you are just a random Rangers fan posting on their forum. Appreciate the sentiment but I fear you've probably wasted your time.
I'm not buying this 'MMA Trained Support' stuff. It reeks of a PR job. You are likely right with everything else, but if I can help one person see their team get pumped in the hallowed halls of Ibrox then job done.

They’ve been doing double sessions:D

You're exactly correct, but maybe it's because Progres didn't have three stands worth of fans arriving. It's a decision to respond to rather than challenge, anyway. (It's not my boozer, etc.)

I was thinking it'd be easy enough to get them into a Glasgow pub (Bier Halle, etc) in big numbers but somewhere near Ibrox is trickier.

Not sure about near Ibrox, wouldn't want them walking down PRW incase other fans take it the wrong way. Perhaps Auctioneers in town? WRC let in away fans but if it looks like a mob then that might be different.

apologies if this has already been asked/answered but whats the prices like for food/drink? i am on the travel club day trip so trying to work out how much to bring, appreciate any help

Back