Legia Warsaw Pope Banner?

It surprising (not really) they didn’t get a fine for the banner but utterly amazing they didn’t receive one for the flares. They caused the match to be stopped.

Does anyone have an email address for the appropriate department at uefa? I'd love to get in touch and ask why nothing has been done regarding their behaviour that evening.
They did get fined and aren't allowed to take any fans to next away game. It just seems that the Scottish press like to stir up conspiracy theories.

UEFA punished Legia
08-10-2019 / 14:05 Marcin Szymczyk

UEFA punished Legia for this year's matches in the Europa League qualifying competition. The penalty is 70,000 euro. Legia fans will also not be able to go to the next away match in an organized group in European cups.

Wether you like it or not Pope john Paul was seen as a hero to many in poland in helping them get their freedom from the Soviet union.
I think that matters a lot more to the polish people than winding up rangers fans.

Reactions: VGM
Anyone know what happened with this? I’m sure most of us had a good laugh at it but I was still convinced they would get a fine from UEFA. I didn’t think you could have political or religious banners. Can’t see anything online about a charge

It is probably hanging on the walls of the UEFA walls just now.

Nope. This is why there is such an uneven playing field. We do nothing.

I watched an old guy get taken out the stadium unable to breathe because of their bullshit with the flares, that isn't something we should just let go. If it was the other way around we'd be hammered
They’ve already been punished for the flares. The Pope tifo I couldn’t give a shite it helped them get freedom from the USSR and even if it was to annoy us, if you get offended by a tifo/display then I honestly don’t know.

I bought it was Charlie Ross from bargain hunt.

Gen up couldn’t work it out why would they have the guy from bargain hunt on a banner. Then my mate told me it was pjp.

Anyone know what happened with this? I’m sure most of us had a good laugh at it but I was still convinced they would get a fine from UEFA. I didn’t think you could have political or religious banners. Can’t see anything online about a charge
Back under the holy toalie’s bed.

Couldn’t care less about the banner . I was delighted we put out a team of legias standing . They’re a good outfit but shoes the progress we have made . Hopefully we can cut out the daft mistakes and put more points on the table

I’ve had a look and they definitely haven’t been charged or disciplined for anything this year. They are on this list but it’s due to our singing charge at their home game.

There is only one side of the football rivalry in Scotland who will take offence at everything .
There is only one side of fans that have been pushing the sectarian card for years
There is only one side that will use every dirty trick in the book and then speak about "Sporting Integrity "
It is not the Glasgoow Rangers or their fans

I’ve had a look and they definitely haven’t been charged or disciplined for anything this year. They are on this list but it’s due to our singing charge at their home game.

I couldn’t give the slightest feck about the banner, it was actually quite witty and would have been a nonsense if they had been charged for that.

getting the match stopped for flares though is a different matter and they definitely should have been done for that, even just the usual paltry fine.

under the rules, you are not meant to display anything to do with politics or religion into the game. they are either consistent with the rules or they just don't bother with them at all!

They should have been charged for the banner

under the rules, you are not meant to display anything to do with politics or religion into the game. they are either consistent with the rules or they just don't bother with them at all!

They should have been charged for the banner
Exactly it’s not us or what we thought about it, it’s against the rules.

remember we got fined last year for throwing bits of paper on the park and I doubt anyone cared about that

You might be surprised to learn no cnt can read polish so your link it’s useless to us

Google chrome auto translates mate :D

Badly it seems.

"UEFA punished Legia for this year's matches in the Europa League qualifying competition. The penalty is 70,000 euro. Legia fans will also not be able to go to the next away match in an organized group in European cups. "

Google chrome auto translates mate :D

Badly it seems.
"UEFA punished Legia for this year's matches in the Europa League qualifying competition. The penalty is 70,000 euro. Legia fans will also not be able to go to the next away match in an organized group in European cups. "
Well it’s even more pointless an article to post given they haven’t been fined, I’ve blatantly linked the UEFA website which shows no charges

It's pretty astonishing that there was no fines issued to Legia. There is absolutely zero consistency in anything UEFA do.

Incredible. The only conclusion you can come to is that UEFA will not punish clubs who promote a catholic culture. Fair Game my arse.

There is only one side of the football rivalry in Scotland who will take offence at everything .
There is only one side of fans that have been pushing the sectarian card for years
There is only one side that will use every dirty trick in the book and then speak about "Sporting Integrity "
It is not the Glasgoow Rangers or their fans
It was against legia no Celtic mate

Was a bit of banter, didn’t mind it.

Legia fans were amongst the best I’ve seen at Ibrox. Even the flares were a great sight to see.

A noisy away support brings the best out of our fans as well. After the flares and stoppage in play, Ibrox was rocking.

I honestly don’t give a monkey’s about it in terms of my feelings towards the Legia fans, they brought a fair size mob and were loud and like a bit of banter so not a problem for me but again the non punishment for stopping the game with all the pyro and displaying a banner of a religious nature were breaches of UEFA’s OWN rules and only highlights what some term as inconsistency...that’s a fair assessment but it’s also fair to say that were we are concerned and others UEFA are selective in applying the rules and are quite frankly corrupt!

Back