Legia Warsaw, tough but confident

Had a wee look on their forum.they are pretty confident we will not score against them and will go through !!! Get intae them rangers !!!!!

Had the games against the three teams been knockout ties, we would've beaten both Villarreal and Rapid. We got 6pts in a tough group. I don't see what your point is.

But the games werent played as knockout ties.

Its the eurupa league:oops:

Ffs had the 4 games against the mentally challengeds in the league been knockout ties we would have beaten them too.

My reply was to a poster who said legia are no better than the teams we played in the europa league last year, i dont disagree with that but he was trying to make the point we should beat the comfortably - i pointed out the fact that of the 6 games in the europa LEague we won one game.

I dont see what your point is.

We look like a different beast in Europe and Teams coming at us, certainly suits our pace at counter attack.
Don’t want to get carried away but its nice to be 1 team away from qualifying to the group stages with a definitely winnable draw.
We go their with confidence and a swagger and Gerrards record in Europe is outstanding thus far.

My only concern is the team seems to ease off, in both the ties against the Danes they created chances when our levels dropped. I expect Legia to be harder to score against so we really can’t drop and give them the chance of a goal or two.

I know a Legia fan and he's dreading it to be fair. They went through but play dreadful football.

We should go through without too much of a problem.

Go to Warsaw and get a goal. Wether they score nil, one or two I'd be confident of going through at Ibrox in the second leg.

Bring it on.
Exactly this, one goal over there for us is huge and we all know how devastating we are on the break.

Don’t know anything about Legia and how the play or any star players but our management team will be doing lots of research and analysis to set us up correctly to get us into the EL group stages

If we can get a positive result in the away leg we will have a home crowd willing and cheering us on so hope we get the job done at Ibrox and progress to the group stages

This game is far from a guarantee for us. They absolutely pumped Celtic a few years back, bar some bad administration they would've knocked Celtic out.

Didn't concede in the last two games but only scored 2.

I really don't know a lot about them, all I know is this is going to be a tough game. We need to come away from there without defeat. If we do that I believe we will progress to the group stage.

Watched highlights of their game. Both teams looked terrible defensively but they looked quick on the break. Took goals well but against a terrible defence. If we concentrate at the back I see nothing in their defensive play to concern our forwards. No complacency and we will go through to the league matches.

Greetings to all Rangers fans.
This tie is 100% going to Rangers, i can assure you Legia has gone backwards in the last 12 - 18 months the fans want the owner out, the club is in turmoil.
The fans will present no problems to Gers supporters having a good time there are no issues from polish people towards Scots (apart from left wingers).Scotland played in warsaw a few years ago and the fans were applauded after the match.
The weather will be nice, probably low 20s and warm sunshine.

i think its very dodgy in fact it wouldnt be a surprise if we get beat but the thing is i'd be happy wth that and even let the mhanks into the cup giving them two games aweek while we focus on the leauge more chance of them getting fatigue and injuries

Let’s face it, we’ll be gutted if we don’t get through - it’s a very winnable tie.

They’re better than anything we’ve faced to date this season, but thinking about how much of a threat we’ve been away from home in Europe under Gerrard allied to the evident improvements we’ve seen this season, not just in terms of personnel, but the speed and fluency of our football, makes me surprisingly confident for these games.

As I say, I’ll be gutted if we don’t progress.

Greetings to all Rangers fans.
This tie is 100% going to Rangers, i can assure you Legia has gone backwards in the last 12 - 18 months the fans want the owner out, the club is in turmoil.
The fans will present no problems to Gers supporters having a good time there are no issues from polish people towards Scots (apart from left wingers).Scotland played in warsaw a few years ago and the fans were applauded after the match.
The weather will be nice, probably low 20s and warm sunshine.

Thanks mate.

2Y0LbK6.gif

We need to concentrate better and not switch off - every time we do it has cost us goals. We really need to on it especially at Ibrox

Really need to get at least 1 away goal to give us a buffer - but you feel this team have it in them to dig it out, even if they do slip up.

Rangers getting battered in

Rangers now 7/5 Legia 11/5 for Thursday.

Rangers highest price to qualify is 1/2 most are 2/5

The observation that Legia Warsaw are not any better than Midtjylland seems to be borne out by the markets now that the data and bots around the globe kick in as we approach matchday.

To be unseeded and end up with a 2/5 price to qualify. What an opportunity.

Just want an away goal and no defeat on Thursday, anything better would be brilliant! Very confident with the second leg being at Ibrox anyway

I honestly don’t think it’ll be as hard as people think.

So far this season, they’ve played absolutely nobody of note domestically or in Europe.

When Legia played the yahoos in 2014, the score in Warsaw was 4-1 to the home team, whereas in the return leg at the piggery sellick won 3-0. Bear in mind that they were a much better team then than they are now

I don't know what if anything can be inferred from this - probably not much - but i think if we were to lose 4-1 on Thursday, I'm not entirely convinced we could turn it around at Ibrox

When Legia played the yahoos in 2014, the score in Warsaw was 4-1 to the home team, whereas in the return leg at the piggery sellick won 3-0. Bear in mind that they were a much better team then than they are now

I don't know what if anything can be inferred from this - probably not much - but i think if we were to lose 4-1 on Thursday, I'm not entirely convinced we could turn it around at Ibrox

You had a few Budweisers?

Confused_Christian_Bale.0.gif

They beat the Tims 2-0 at the Piggery but they played an ineligible player in the last 10 minutes. So the Tims got awarded a 3-0 win and went through on goal difference. They turned hee-haw around.

Haha, are you at it? Legia beat them 6-1 on aggregate and Celtic went through because they brought on a guy in the return leg at Murrayfield whilst 5 goals ahead for the last 8 minutes who I think had a one game suspension from a previous club or something, a total oversight.

But aye, you’re right, if we get beat 4-1 we’ll probably struggle.:))

It was couple of years ago when Lech Poznan played in Espoo, Finland. They brought 200-300evil looking nazis that put MMA gloves and mouth guards on before literally walking into the stadium through the gate. Some crazy stuff :D

That’s just frankly embarrassing. Grown men going to an away game in FINLAND where there’s probably never been any bother whatsoever , and dressing up as MMA fighters ?

Fcking Hell :D

Some people may be a little over-confident, I fear! A scoring draw over there would be a good result IMO. A win, fantastic. It ain't gonna be a walkover though.

This thread is far to confident and positive!

It can’t be follow follow I’m look at!!
Wait until the match thread, you will find all the usual FF insanity in there I’m sure, the first misplaced pass and whoever is guilty is crap, should be sold, and questions will be raised about Gerrards coaching ability!

Haha, are you at it? Legia beat them 6-1 on aggregate and Celtic went through because they brought on a guy in the return leg at Murrayfield whilst 5 goals ahead for the last 8 minutes who I think had a one game suspension from a previous club or something, a total oversight.

But aye, you’re right, if we get beat 4-1 we’ll probably struggle.:))
Haha yes, no way it will be 4-1 though, they struggle to score goals, but don’t concede many. I’d bite your hand off for 1-1 right now.

As long as we don't get beat by 2 goals in leg 1, we are jamming.

The more away goals, the better.

We'll score twice over there.
In 69 competitive games that Stevie G has managed us only 1 team has beat us by more than 1 goal ,
i am confident we will score in Poland ,i think we have scored in 7 of our last 10 away European games

I fancy us to score in Warsaw. Hopefully the defence can be tighter and we should go through with the return at Ibrox.
We have a strong team which for me picks itself for Thursday. We should be confident.

Nervous about this one. But if you told me at the start of the campaign we would be playing Legia Warsaw in the final round I would have bitten your hand off.

I'm going 1-1. Then hopefully finish the job at Ibrox!

This game is far from a guarantee for us. They absolutely pumped Celtic a few years back, bar some bad administration they would've knocked Celtic out.

Didn't concede in the last two games but only scored 2.

I really don't know a lot about them, all I know is this is going to be a tough game. We need to come away from there without defeat. If we do that I believe we will progress to the group stage.

That was 5 years ago. A lot can change in 5 years.

Steady as we go. Same approach as last away el game does me.

Score draw at worst for me unless we lose the head for some reason

Back