Match Thread Legia Warsaw v Rangers - 19:00 Thursday - RangersTV.tv Worldwide

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
fLzdZ2F.png

Scored draw will do me but think we can defo win this away tie. 0-2 to Rangers, and an excellent performance in the stands to shut those Legia goons up ;)

In 10 competitive games this season, Legia have scored 10 and conceded 3. 6 of these games have been in the Europa League against a side from Gibraltar (3-0 Agg), Finland (1-0 Agg) and an extremely poor Greek side (2-0 Agg).

As for Rangers, in 9 competitive games this season, we've scored 30 goals and conceded 5. We scored the same amount of goals against St Josephs over two legs that Legia have managed in their 10 games this season.
Rangers: 8 wins and 1 draw, Legia: 5 Wins 4 draws 1 Loss

Just some meaningless stats for yous.

Last edited:
In 10 competitive games this season, Legia have scored 10 and conceded 3. 6 of these games have been in the Europa League against a side from Gibraltar (3-0 Agg), Finland (1-0 Agg) and an extremely poor Greek side (2-0 Agg).

As for Rangers, in 9 competitive games this season, we've scored 30 goals and conceded 6. We scored the same amount of goals against St Josephs over two legs that Legia have managed in their 10 games this season.

Just some meaningless stats for yous.

I honestly don't see them scoring against us over the two legs. If they do score it will be because we have switched off for 5 minutes having considered the tie over.

I honestly don't see them scoring against us over the two legs. If they do score it will be because we have switched off for 5 minutes having considered the tie over.

Same mate. In fact, it was the same with Midtjylland. I never felt we were ever at risk of losing. When the team needed to score goals, we did. And only when we were comfortable did we switch off a bit a concede, but in the away leg at least, conceding two goals led us to switch back on and put the tie back to bed.
Obviously a bit of a leveller might be their atmosphere (if its as intimidating as everyone makes out, i have my doubts its that bad). If the team comes out and dont seem phased by it then we should be comfortable, even in Warsaw.

Think we can win this. Happy we are away first. A 0-0 draw to start things off at Ibrox would had made the return leg unbearable.

Nervous for this one. EL groups last year was a huge bonus, this year it feels much more like a requirement.

Think they will be physical and very defensive. Hoping Alfie keeps his head and we can exploit any and all opportunities we get. Away goal is obv important so we must score.

Hoping for a 2-0 win to bring them back to Ibrox needing to attack. I fear it might not be that simple.

Watching From Behind The Sofa Loyal.

Same mate. In fact, it was the same with Midtjylland. I never felt we were ever at risk of losing. When the team needed to score goals, we did. And only when we were comfortable did we switch off a bit a concede, but in the away leg at least, conceding two goals led us to switch back on and put the tie back to bed.
Obviously a bit of a leveller might be their atmosphere (if its as intimidating as everyone makes out, i have my doubts its that bad). If the team comes out and dont seem phased by it then we should be comfortable, even in Warsaw.
As the Magnificent Bastard said "if the atmosphere at a game frightens you,you shouldn't be playing professional football "

1-2 We’ll score first, they’ll level and it’ll be a cagey tactical slog until we get a late winner.

These cunts will take a doing at Ibrox, so even a one goal defeat for us tomorrow night I reckon we would comfortably overturn.

But I don't see that being necessary.

3-1 Gers, Alfie, Ojo, Arfield

Reading Football Stewart's analysis of them it would appear we could get some joy through the middle. They play a 4-4-2, look to overload the wings and and bring the centre mids over to cover the full backs. If our defence stands up well then Aribo, Arfield and Morelos could have a field day.

Ooft listen to me being all analytical.

The atmosphere will be their biggest tool so we'll need to stay switched on form the first whistle. I have every faith that we will.

Mon the bears.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

This is the big one, and it won't be easy.

Away goal and a clean sheet would be superb.

Gers fans going to the game, keep safe and enjoy the trip.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

These cunts will take a doing at Ibrox, so even a one goal defeat for us tomorrow night I reckon we would comfortably overturn.

But I don't see that being necessary.

3-1 Gers, Alfie, Ojo, Arfield

I reckon this will be the kind of game that Morelos will thrive in, the atmosphere will be somewhat similar to that of big South American games. If he can keep his head I fancy him for a goal or 2 tomorrow.

Got a good feeling about this one. We know they'll open up at home and that tends to suit us. Think we'll score a couple. Just hope we can keep a clean sheet.

Got a good feeling about this one. We know they'll open up at home and that tends to suit us. Think we'll score a couple. Just hope we can keep a clean sheet.

This mob rarely lose any goals .

I’m shiting it . Used to have a blaze attitude to big games , but the past 7 years and the return to playing these huge games seems to have got to me , perhaps getting older as well .

I can’t believe it’s still 27 hours to kick off and I’d grab a draw right now if offered .

Panic merchant loyal :oops:

This mob rarely lose any goals .

I’m shiting it . Used to have a blaze attitude to big games , but the past 7 years and the return to playing these huge games seems to have got to me , perhaps getting older as well .

I can’t believe it’s still 27 hours to kick off and I’d grab a draw right now if offered .

Panic merchant loyal :oops:
Neither did the Danes. It's a huge match and the nerves will kick in, but we'll be too strong for them over 2 legs.

Will be watching this tomorrow night in Benidorm, can’t wait. 2-1 the famous

I woulda taken a 1-1 first leg against Midtjylland and was blown away with the result we got.

Hoping for the team to exceed my expectations once more

Back