Match Thread Legia Warsaw v Rangers - 19:00 Thursday - RangersTV.tv Worldwide

Gutted I'll be missing this one for a wanky "business development" night in work.

As long as we can avoid a defeat I'll be satisfied, then finish them off at Ibrox.

Sounds like they like coming inside so that may help. I imagine they will try and double up but that will leave huge gaps. Like in the last game we are deadly from interceptions.
When Novikovas cuts inside Vesovic often goes on the overlap. We’ll need Arfield our left to track back and cover.

My team:
McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan
Davis
Jack
Aribo
Ojo
Arfield
Morelos

At the very least it'll be a good chance for us to see where we are really at. Always difficult at the start of a season to know if optimism is misplaced or not.

Should be a tougher game than the one against the Danes and the atmosphere in the ground will be on a different level also.

Defensively we haven't really been tested yet so tonight could be a night where we get to see how the team holds up under pressure.

Quietly confident here. I reckon we have a lot to offer on the counter attack and they will need to come out a bit unless they want to go to Ibrox without any advantage at all. Would be happy with a score draw.

Definitely a big sequence of matches coming up for us and 11 days from now we'll have a real good idea of where our season is going.

When Novikovas cuts inside Vesovic often goes on the overlap. We’ll need Arfield our left to track back and cover.

My team:
McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan
Davis
Jack
Aribo
Ojo
Arfield
Morelos

Yep, I think the above is almost a certainty to be our starting line up as probably our strongest 11 as things stand.

The only change that I could see happening would be Jones for Ojo to utilise his lightning pace and directness on the counter. But more than happy for Ojo to start and JJ no a bad sub to bring on later when they're tiring.

My team:
McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan
Davis
Jack
Aribo
Ojo
Arfield
Morelos

I'd mibbe have Jordan Jones starting, I thought he terrified the Danes away from and on the break is deadly. Appreciate ojo may be quicker but I think Jones tends to sense the breaks quicker.

I'd mibbe have Jordan Jones starting, I thought he terrified the Danes away from and on the break is deadly. Appreciate ojo may be quicker but I think Jones tends to sense the breaks quicker.
If Jones is playing he has to play on the right, because we need Arfield on the left to cover their right back.

All the scouting reports tell us our best chance to win this is to play through the middle rather than the wings, which is why I’d go for Ojo.

Avoiding defeat and injuries would be a good achievement tonight for us.
Adding an away goal or two would top off a great night`s work.
Good luck Rangers.

Think the atmosphere will get the best out of us tonight, finally a Gers side that craves pressure and a challenge. Goal in each half from Alfredo is my prediction. 0-2 The Famous.

Reading this and other threads on here there seems to be an awful lot of confidence that we are going to go over there and ‘romp it’. I’m not so sure our team is at that level yet - or anywhere close to it. Over- confidence tends to come back and bite us in the arse in my experience.

As I’ve said earlier, an away goal, a clean sheet and no cards or injuries and I will be a very happy man. I think tonight will be a very tough game for us.
I had all the nerves and apprehension imaginable last round, if the Poles come out and want to take us on toe to toe and press us high (as The Athletic analysis indicates) We could very well be a few key passes away from putting this mob to the sword!! Albeit you need the usual Jack breaking up play, Katic heading a brick wall for you and Shagger pulling off his obligatory world class one on one...let's go! This is our season, when do we start to believe we're a good side?

I think it'll be a score draw and I'll be content with that. Surprised by the confidence, albeit I haven't seen Legia play.

This needs a big performance.

If we fire on all cylinders tonight, next week is a formality. If we have a couple of shaky performances and pass up chances, we could easily be punished. It's business time.

3-1 Gers

Rangers lost a game in Europe away 10 years ago with a totally different manager and set of players - so aye clearly this manager and players can't win. I mean that totally adds up.

People are too confident predicting wins . We very rarely win an away European tie at this level .

A draw would be exceptional.

Mate, this is our 15th Euro qualifier under Gerrard, and we havent went behind in a game once in any of those. Now this is the hardest team we've faced in qualifiers so that may well change, but we have every reason to believe that barring a disaster, we should put this mob away. A score draw minimum imo.

We’ve got every right to be confident in this team, especially in European qualifiers

We have to some degree but people are getting a bit over excited predicting a win . I think this is our 21st European tie under Gerrard and whilst it’s better than anyone could’ve hoped I think tonight’s the 11th away game and we’ve won 3, one being st Joseph’s .

So let’s keep it real is all I’m saying

We have to some degree but people are getting a bit over excited predicting a win . I think this is our 21st European tie under Gerrard and whilst it’s better than anyone could’ve hoped I think tonight’s the 11th away game and we’ve won 3, one being st Joseph’s .

So let’s keep it real is all I’m saying
Where’s the fun in that ? I’ll take another 4-2 leathering with Morelos getting a hatrick

Where’s the fun in that ? I’ll take another 4-2 leathering with Morelos getting a hatrick

:DFair enough that’s your take on it

Away from home we’ve beaten Osijek, myttilland and st Joseph’s . That’s all , 3 from 10 away so far under Gerrard .

In no universe does that point me towards believing we will stroll into Warsaw and win .

A draw believe me is a great result , let’s not be greedy .

Away from home we’ve beaten Osijek, myttilland and st Joseph’s . That’s all , 3 from 10 away so far under Gerrard .

In no universe does that point me towards believing we will stroll into Warsaw and win .

Rather be confident than shitting it

Yes to pints. I'm bricking it about now. Day has dragged in. Not usually nervous but today has been hideous.
I think we'll win but still get nerves. Qualifying is huge for us financially, so a lot riding on it. If we have an off night then I hope we at least come away with an away goal.

I think we'll win but still get nerves. Qualifying is huge for us financially, so a lot riding on it. If we have an off night then I hope we at least come away with an away goal.
I remember the feeling when we qualified last year, I watched the game in my car on my phone and cried at full time. It was massive for us. Feeling more pressure this time, definitely, and in truth it was amazing to have the games under the lights and I don't want us to miss out. We need Europe to get us back where we belong.

19 min til work is done, then home, beer, food, away top on, RTV and then, maybe then, I'll feel confident. Maybe.

I remember the feeling when we qualified last year, I watched the game in my car on my phone and cried at full time. It was massive for us. Feeling more pressure this time, definitely, and in truth it was amazing to have the games under the lights and I don't want us to miss out. We need Europe to get us back where we belong.

19 min til work is done, then home, beer, food, away top on, RTV and then, maybe then, I'll feel confident. Maybe.

I remember the build up to the group stages - who we could draw, where I would be travelling to.

I was like a kid at Christmas - never taking Euro football for granted again after what we went through.

Wpuld be great to go there and win by a few goals but as long as the tie is still on our side going into the game at Ibrox I'll be confident.

I think if we score one, then we'll get more. Just don't change our style of football tonight to suit our opponents and we'll be fine.

I remember the build up to the group stages - who we could draw, where I would be travelling to.

I was like a kid at Christmas - never taking Euro football for granted again after what we went through.
I never made it up for a match, just couldn't afford it. Now in a job where I have to travel up to Falkirk once a quarter... which obviously means I'll have to fly to Glasgow and stay at the hotel there on a Thursday night, right?

Whatever happens I'll come up to one. We should never take anything for granted again!

Whilst I agree with you that it would be foolish to believe we stroll into Warsaw,we have to remember the dynamics of two legged football.We didn’t have to go out and win in either Shkupi,UFA or Progress plus we picked up a great point away to Villarreal and probably would have avoided defeat in Moscow if Morelos goal wasn’t wrongly ruled offside.

I’m quietly confident we can get a positive result tonight(score draw or nick a win)but it’ll be a tough game.

What about in the universe where over 66% of the total of those away wins have come in the last 5 weeks with this season's improved team ;)

Calmly confident. We are playing well and scoring goals.
Hard to predict but going for 0 - 2. Alfie and, well, Alfie.

All inclusive in Zante sitting watching this on RTV on the iPad.

It's going to be a tough one but I'll take a score draw right now.

Back