Match Thread Legia Warsaw v Rangers - 19:00 Thursday - RangersTV.tv Worldwide

Wee update, both planes are only doing about 435mph, their 27 years old though.

Just leaving the Danish Coast to head West probably coming over Edinburgh, for

the north approach into Glasgow(over Training Ground). Probably be about 02:00

for the first plane & what Ithink is Team about 5mins later, so if anyone knows any

troops returning if they wait 5-10 mins they'll catch the Team.:eek::))

Wee update, both planes are only doing about 435mph, their 27 years old though.

Just leaving the Danish Coast to head West probably coming over Edinburgh, for

the north approach into Glasgow(over Training Ground). Probably be about 02:00

for the first plane & what Ithink is Team about 5mins later, so if anyone knows any

troops returning if they wait 5-10 mins they'll catch the Team.:eek::))
Cabin crew take your seats for landing.

That is a very good result away from home to a very capable side. Of course we all wanted an away goal. However we are now at home and I fancy our chances!

Sorry Lads right slow bastards, that the first just above Berwick so say 20 mins then

+ 8-10 mins for Team Plane. Fucking Private Charters.:mad::eek:;)

I felt we played within ourselves at times last night,yeah they had a couple of good chances,but so did we.
I think we'll sort them out next week,not easily,but comfortably.

Was never going to be an easy game. I thought we played well. Remember the Scum got scudded 4-1 there a few years ago. We controlled most of the game, and got a few chances, Morelos was unlucky not to score.

Legia are a good side. The atmsosphere and stadium were absolutely brilliant.

We'll beat them at home. I'm confident.

0-0 is a good result.

It could have been better but it could also have been a whole lot worse .

First goal next Thursday is crucial, tie is now in our own hands..

Safe journey bears.
I'm here in Warsaw until Saturday , I'll manage somehow :cool:
Right Sly your mission is to learn Polish, infiltrate the local ultras and then steal our precious flag back. Wearing of masks is optional on your behalf as is shagging the local birds.

Failure is not an option, but if you're successful loads of us will all buy you enough cyber points to keep you steaming until new year! :))

17 Qualifiers under Gerrard and no defeats. Considering the utter shite we've seen us lose to or struggle beat over god knows how many years, it's been nice to watch.

Roll on next week, early goal please Rangers, I don't fancy watching penalties.

0-0 is a good result.

It could have been better but it could also have been a whole lot worse .

First goal next Thursday is crucial, tie is now in our own hands..

Me being a crabbit kind of cove would have preferred a score draw, as it stands now we would need two to beat their one. And we saw how the 0-0 first legs worked in our favour on the road to Manchester.

However it was a good result. This mob are no mugs, and the best by far we have played this summer and showed they will also go to any lengths to stop you.

Can we beat them? Yes we can.

What we simply cannot ignore is Alan McGregor is as valuable to Steven Gerrard as Andy Goram was to Walter Smith.

After that result, I reckon it's a 50/50 who will go through.
We have home advantage and they have the away goals soul-crusher.

Reading some of the comments regarding subs. When are we going to back Gerrards judgement and accept he knows the players and team better than us and just get right behind him.

Jones may have been carrying a slight knock after being kicked about east Fife on a plastic pitch last week. We’ve got a massive second leg then the tims to play next week.

There will be things we don’t agree with and there will be disappointing performances and results but we are in our best position for nearly 10 years and improving all the time. Sit back, relax, enjoy and trust in the management team.

How many times did Andy Goram keep us in games and that was with a far better rangers team. A good goalkeeper can make a hell of a difference to the outcome of games.

Again, agreed. But as you said those 'better Rangers teams' had the ability to punish the opponents.

Now the Hibs game was a joy and some our tight passing game last night was a sight to behold. It's a million miles forward from two years ago.

However, my argument remains the same. Without McGregor in goals last season, very pointed questions would have been asked of the manager.

Again, I accept that it was a difficult ask and task last night and we came through it, but defensively, it shouldn't always be down to the guy in goal. Surely as a team we need to make that a duty.

And yes, I accept that there will always be games when you are under the cosh.

Again, agreed. But as you said those 'better Rangers teams' had the ability to punish the opponents.

Now the Hibs game was a joy and some our tight passing game last night was a sight to behold. It's a million miles forward from two years ago.

However, my argument remains the same. Without McGregor in goals last season, very pointed questions would have been asked of the manager.

Again, I accept that it was a difficult ask and task last night and we came through it, but defensively, it shouldn't always be down to the guy in goal. Surely as a team we need to make that a duty.

And yes, I accept that there will always be games when you are under the cosh.
I agree with you mate. I've said in other posts that I'd really like to see the defence being stronger and start to get a lot more clean sheets.
The most successful Rangers teams I've ever seen were strong in defence and I think that goes for most teams who go onto win things.

Watched it last night in the Ibrox bar Marmaris they couldn’t get Rangers tv :rolleyes: so it was just the game with the crowd rather than commentary, will give them this they don’t half support their team.
Pretty happy with the result a wee goal would have been icing on the cake.
No great fears for next week.
Ps it’s roasting over here and efes Ice cold:D
Just seen the other thread Ibrox bar not to blame RTV gash as usual.

Last edited:
I agree with you mate. I've said in other posts that I'd really like to see the defence being stronger and start to get a lot more clean sheets.
The most successful Rangers teams I've ever seen were strong in defence and I think that goes for most teams who go onto win things.

Bud, I grew up with my old man telling me about the Iron Curtain defence as a mantra.

We had debates during our 'NIAR' when it came to games against the filth. I always wanted to demolish them.

My old man - just as long as we score one more than them is all that counts.

As I'm getting older and more crabbit (no sniggering at the back there) I'm more inclined to agree that we need a strong defence as the basis to what happens afterwards.

Bud, I grew up with my old man telling me about the Iron Curtain defence as a mantra.

We had debates during our 'NIAR' when it came to games against the filth. I always wanted to demolish them.

My old man - just as long as we score one more than them is all that counts.

As I'm getting older and more crabbit (no sniggering at the back there) I'm more inclined to agree that we need a strong defence as the basis to what happens afterwards.
My old man always went on about the iron curtain defence too. Remember George young had the hotel in crossford. My cousins stayed out there and i was just getting to official drinking age, was in the hotel and George young sat with us,it was weird watching my old man sitting star struck

I thought we would need 3 to go through in this tie. Scored none in Warsaw so we need to bang in 3 at Ibrox, that will nullify the away goal threat.
It was great to meet a new group of Bears in Warsaw. Ginger Ranger and the guys from Whitburn RSC, enjoyed your company immensely..

Back