Leicester apparently only want €2m for Demari Gray (Not Rangers related)

mkgers

If this is true is this someone we should/could be looking at?

German broadcaster "Sport1" reports that Bayer 04 Leverkusen currently negotiate with EPL side Leicester City for the transfer of attacker Demarai Gray.

Demarai Gray.

Demarai Gray.Photo: Sven Mandel / CC-BY-SA-4.0
Germany's red company company team certainly weren't the first Bundesliga side to enquire about a player the English foxes definitely wish to move. One conjectures that they may hope to be the last. Peter Bosz's squad, so depleted that their bench comes in well short of the allowed number of substitutes every matchday, finds itself in desperate need of fresh attackers to rotate in.

Germany's "Sport1" reports that die Werkself have led-wing attacker Demarai Gray in their sights. If the financial details of the report are to be believed, Leverkusen may be on the precipice of a steal of a deal that they would appear foolish to pass up. "Sport1" claims that Leicester City wants only €2 million for a player potentially still worth six times that amount.

The former EPL Champions obviously wish to move Gray before his contract expires at the end of the season. No other sources corroborate the "Sport 1" report at this juncture. The same broadcaster reported that Bayer were interested in acquiring FC Nordsjælland's Kamaldeen Sulemana late last week, yet no further news on that potential deal has leaked. Sulemana would ostensibly cost the club between €2 and €3 million.

Rudi Völler's club was able to acquire Manchester right-fullback Timothy Fosu-Mensah at below-market value last week. Die Werkself paid only €1.7 million for a player with an estimated market worth of €4 million. At a Monday press conference, coach Peter Bosz labelled it doubtful that the young Dutchman would feature in the team's squad against Dortmund on Thursday. He had only completed one full team training session.

Would imagine regardless of transfer fee he’s probably considerably out our wage bracket, although he’s a good player who I’ve always rated. Think teams like Leverkusen being in the running though shows we’re probably not going to be in with a shout.

Is he any better than what we have?

Seems to have had 'potential' for about 10 years, but never actually done much.
Played majority of Leicester’s games since he joined (133 league games in 4 years).

Just been out of the picture this season & he’s only a few months older than Kent, more experienced, played better & at a higher level.

Seriously good player, but I suspect he will have clubs out of our league after him.

Would imagine regardless of transfer fee he’s probably considerably out our wage bracket, although he’s a good player who I’ve always rated. Think teams like Leverkusen being in the running though shows we’re probably not going to be in with a shout.
Wage demands would rule out a lot of teams regardless of the transfer value I imagine.
According to this site he's on £55K/week. No idea how reliable this is or if that includes bonuses etc but certainly seems to be outwith our budget although that's not to say that's his only motivator...

I mean that's a player at the right price for me that could really kick on here we paid more for Grezda for crying out loud even if we agree to sell him after a season or two for profit I'd ask the question

Mind seeing him as a kid playing for birmingham at fulham in the championship and he was head and shoulders the best player on the park. Be a cracking signing if it was doable

Good player, but he’s a contract too far for us.

He’ll get £70k at the Newcastle/Southampton types.

Pretty sure every side in the bottom half of the EPL will take him and plenty in the top half too

He’s only been phased out by Leicester because he wasn’t signing a new deal. Would be a cracking signing but unlikely to happen

Is he any better than what we have?

Seems to have had 'potential' for about 10 years, but never actually done much.
I'd say he is 100%, I've been a fan for a while. Harvey Barnes has been excellent and keeping him out the team but having Kent and/or Gray would be a big upgrade on Kent and/or Barker

I mean that's a player at the right price for me that could really kick on here we paid more for Grezda for crying out loud even if we agree to sell him after a season or two for profit I'd ask the question
£55k a week, and if he goes for a reduced £2m fee he will want a pay rise to possibly around £70k a week, out of our price range.

That would be mental, been a fan since his Birmingham days. He’s easily worth £15m in the current market.

(Great champ manager player).

If this is even remotely possible Rangers have to be looking at it.

Once you factor in his wage demands we would be so far out of the picture.

Always seemed a decent player but we fish in a different pool.

That would be mental, been a fan since his Birmingham days. He’s easily worth £15m in the current market.

(Great champ manager player).

If this is even remotely possible Rangers have to be looking at it.
Is he not in last year of his contract? That’s why it’s so low? Just buying out the remainder of his contract? At £50k a week or whatever obscene amount he’s on plus his loyalty bonus?

A young English player who's out of contract with his profile will be getting offers of over £50,000 a week plus no bother. As much as it's a nice idea, I can't see either of us getting him. I suppose if Celtic have done anything right over the past 5 years, signing Dembele on a free and giving him a percentage of any future moves in exchange for the short-term success shows it could happen but I'd doubt it.

Is he not in last year of his contract? That’s why it’s so low? Just buying out the remainder of his contract? At £50k a week or whatever obscene amount he’s on plus his loyalty bonus?
Yeah I know mate, that’s why I said “even remotely possible”. I’m an optimist :))

Clubs can sign him on a pre contract for next season now. the €2m fee Leicester quoting just now is the EPL equivalent of us paying £50K to Dundee to sign Kamara in January rather than wait until the end of the season 2 years ago.

Back