Leicester City fans describing the Europa League as mickey mouse

Sums up why I never want us to move to England.

Sure, the money sounds great in the short term. But let's be honest, our fans would eventually adopt this sort of mentality too if we were in Leicester's position.

The game in England has been poisoned by cash. I'd rather watch inferior football with genuine passion.

asxYKoy.gif

:rolleyes:

Even 12 years ago when we got to the final and before that, teams like Bolton and West Brom were playing weakened teams in the earlyish stages as they were uninterested.

Theyre motivated by money and EPL survival. The prestige of a European trophy doesn't come into it for them, rightly or wrongly.

Money in the bank > trophies in your history.

Oh to be a fan of one of those soulless organisations. Rather celebrate a 2-0 victory at Bournemouth at the end of the season because it guarantees 5th or 6th place and x amount of millions over travelling to some shitehole in Eastern Europe to watch your team try lift a European trophy.

Can the bubble not burst already?

m 99mmmmm moo
Sums up why I never want us to move to England.

Sure, the money sounds great in the short term. But let's be honest, our fans would eventually adopt this sort of mentality too if we were in Leicester's position.

The game in England has been poisoned by cash. I'd rather watch inferior football with genuine passion.
I disagree the English arrogance only on show here if we moved south the liecsters etc would be in awe of our fans and the sheer will we have to push our team on...the EPL fans have turned into the prawn sandwich brigade

Theres more money in getting relagated from the EPL than there is prize money for the EL. Finishing mid table in the EPL to them is a bigger achievement than winning a European trophy. Mainly because of money. What a sad way to look at a clubs history. Glad thats not us.

I wonder if they will think that way when the truly elite clubs finally work out a way to legally leave their national leagues and play each other every week, thus causing all sponsorship and TV money to follow them to whatever superstar setup they form.

Totally stuck in the EPL bubble.

I'd rather compete for titles and trophies and do well in the Europa League than have spending ridiculous fees on transfers being the only thing to celebrate each year.

Delighted they are making a royal lady's front bottom of CL qualification, can’t be having another Mickey Mouse club qualifying for it

The Europa league is an inconvenience to ALL EPL teams and has been for years. The Thursday Sunday thing and the impact that has on the bread and butter land of milk and honey premiership.

On Talksport a minute ago playing callers from a phone in last night. One fan saying we don’t want to play football as it’s below them and a Mickey Mouse tournament.

A club that other than the last four-five years have been an absolute nothing club.

Pretty rich coming from a club who've never won a European trophy and if it wasn't for Sky TV money, would be an absolute football non entity

My mistake It was an UEFA Cup tie in Russia. He was prioritising the league over Europe

I think he tried to claim he was aiming for CL qualification, but the better money from a higher league position was more likely
Same old story unless it's champions league down there.

My response to this is straightforward, if we're in it, it's the most important trophy in football, if the Tim's are in it, it's Mickey Mouse

They'd probably rather win the FA Cup than the Europa League. That's how parochial they are down there. They genuinely think the EPL is the centre of the footballing universe. Rodgers hasn't a clue how to manage in Europe so part of me kinda wants to see them in the CL.

Half the folk on here only consider the League or Champions League as the only major trophies down south as well mind you.

Do they realise just how bad their manager's record of defeats and goals against was is in both European competitions with his ex team? By the way whom he nearly tripped over himself to get away from.

What Leicester done when they won the EPL was outstanding and a breath of fresh air for the game of football, was so happy for the whole club and their fans, now....... I wish them failure in every single game they play under that complete and utter fud :))

Back