Leicester covid trio attented party

DavieM

James Maddison, Perez and Choudhury left out of their squad for todays game after they attended a party last week. They will now be welcomed back into the squad with no media witch hunt and no further action being taken against them.

What a difference from up here where we have already had players banned and a further 6 game ban pending for the very same offence.

No mention of the FA stepping in and imposing suspensions, nor any seeming desire for them to be involved. All dealt with in house.

Is Scotland the only country where the authorities (SFA and Government) get involved?

Complete joke here

Our appeal is the Dubai debacle. Nothing more is needed.

Exactly.

Celtic2-1.jpeg

I believe that had it been any other season then the SFA would have aproached it the way the FA have and let the Clubs deal with any breaches.

The fact it was THE season for Celtic trying to clinch '10' and knowing Rangers were a real threat, I am of the opinion that it was an opportunity for them to punish us at any given chance and have our squad decimated. I think that is why they made an example of Bolingoli so early in the season. They would have been confident many other players including ours would have followed suit.

However, with a manager in Steven Gerrard who is class supreme, it was never allowed to materialise the way they all hoped. He knew they were waiting to pounce and punish and thankfully it only happened twice to fringe players. Now had it been say Caixinha in charge then indiscipline definately would have happened and the SFA would have got their wish come true and their beloved club another free pass by banning our players.

In Gerrard we trust and rip Terry Munro.

Last edited:
It highlights the disparity in treatment
It seems to me the rules are very clear.

In England, if players leave their bubble, party, then have to isolate for x days.

In Scotland, Aberdeen players get a suspended sentence and their games postponed.

Celtic players in Dubai are ignored breaching protocol as it's outside the SFA's jurastiction, despite it being witnessed and documented.

Rangers' players get a multi game ban.

Is that the disparity?

FBS

In England, if players leave their bubble, party, then have to isolate for x days.

In Scotland, Aberdeen players get a suspended sentence and their games postponed.

Celtic players in Dubai are ignored breaching protocol as it's outside the SFA's jurastiction, despite it being witnessed and documented.

Is that the disparity?

FBS
I don't think the argument of Dubai being outside of any jurisdiction was ever raised?
Did I miss something?

Turning the attention to the players slightly - utterly mental decision to attend that party.
But it wasnt a party five guys in their work bubble and their partners (part of bubble) meet up to watch boxing in one of their flats hardly a party and on the face of it sounds a safe enviroment for all concerned, not as if their flying to spain or gettin a bird in from america

Is that the disparity?

FBS
The jurisdiction shouldn’t come in to it particularly when at least one of the players came back with COVID.

But it wasnt a party five guys in their work bubble and their partners (part of bubble) meet up to watch boxing in one of their flats hardly a party and on the face of it sounds a safe enviroment for all concerned, not as if their flying to spain or gettin a bird in from america

True, but still obviously against the rules. Mad that they would risk that.

Off at a wee bit of a tangent here, but I watched a recording of last night's MOTD.
In the Man City v Leeds game a Leeds player was originally cautioned for his follow through on a City player, leading boot high, played the ball but carried through and caught the City player knee high. VAR asked the ref to look again and changed his decision to red card, another difference between England and Scotland, remember the Rangers v Dundee Utd game early in the season when Alfredo was carried off following a similar incident to the one I just described? At the time ref Clancy took no action but after the DU player was cited, 3 ex-referees couldn't agree that the DU player's follow through was reckless.

No need for harsh punishments anymore.

We are taking steps back to normality and there for this thing will soon be the norm.

At the start of the season up till recently has been different with everyone in and out of lockdowns and no sign of end. It was to set examples not only to everyone else in sport but also the general population also.

England are going about these breaches the right way, basically telling them to stop being a moron.

Up here in this tin pot country we hand out 7 game ban. Utter moronic.

With the arrival of Gerrard and the professionalism he and his staff have restored to the team, I now want us out of this doss hole of a league. More than I have ever felt before.

Last edited:
The English FA take the view that clubs are responsible for their own players and where COVID “bubbles” are not adhered to the players in question must simply isolate themselves for the required period and then not return to training with the club unless they have a negative test. That provides its own suspension period and it is then open to the clubs to apply further disciplinary action in the form of fines. That is the sensible way to deal with such matters rather than the knee jerk stupidity of the SFA.

It's crazy the difference between here and England.Its as if they have rules and structure in place and don't make it up as they go along
Did they not have 2 boys break lockdown on International duties?! I think Southgate bombed them out for a game but it was a case of silly boys, don't do it again

James Maddison, Perez and Choudhury left out of their squad for todays game after they attended a party last week. They will now be welcomed back into the squad with no media witch hunt and no further action being taken against them.

What a difference from up here where we have already had players banned and a further 6 game ban pending for the very same offence.
It what happens when you have a professional unbiased group of people running the game. No bigoty, agendas or hate.

Turning the attention to the players slightly - utterly mental decision to attend that party.
This is a great post and it’s very telling to me that you have no “likes” for it
Presumably because you aren’t towing the extremists view that it’s all Nicola’s fault or the SFA’s fault
Of course the fault lies at the fuc.king idiot football players who put our 55 at risk.
We are Rangers we take responsibility

Big JK has admitted Covid breaches in Dubai

Use his video evidence as proof they breached SFA Covid rules

Question why Dubai Covid breaches were not punished

Why are our Covid 5 being punished more than their players who brought a minimum of 2 Covid positive cases back to UK and our player breaches had zero Covid positive cases

Back