Leicester's New £22m Ineligible Until January

der_hammer10

Just getting to grips with the new forum now.

Bit of a shocker for Leicester that they were 14 seconds over the transfer deadline for registering Adrien Silva from Sporting Lisbon. If I'm picking it up right, Leicester own the player, have to pay his wages, but can't play him until January. All with a Danny Drinkwater sized hole in their midfield. Surely they must be able to get round this

I'm sure it's an email system now so the times will be pretty accurate however for 14 seconds you would think someone would use common sense. Is this not managed by the league though rather than FIFA?

If it was 14 seconds and they’re not given an exception, then that’s absolutely ridiculous.

Considering the numbers of jobs worths that run the game, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s upheld.

I just read that Leicester are working with Sporting to get this resolved. I think they will get it sorted in order for him to start playing immediately.

A bit of leniency and common sense needed here. Mind you it is football authorities.

I'm sure it's an email system now so the times will be pretty accurate however for 14 seconds you would think someone would use common sense. Is this not managed by the league though rather than FIFA?

If it's an email they can find out when the email hit the FIFA exchange server. If it's there on time then it's not Leicesters fault it wasn't in an inbox on time.

All they need to do is phone the tims, they know all about getting around inconveniences like this.

Just getting to grips with the new forum now.

Bit of a shocker for Leicester that they were 14 seconds over the transfer deadline for registering Adrien Silva from Sporting Lisbon. If I'm picking it up right, Leicester own the player, have to pay his wages, but can't play him until January. All with a Danny Drinkwater sized hole in their midfield. Surely they must be able to get round this
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/41118927

That would be sickening if they really did have to wait until January.

We'd be going tonto if similar happened to us even on a freebie

A bit of common sense should be used here.

Though in saying that, why teams wait to the last minute when they've had all summer is beyond me.

Septic registered Guidetti, a loan player, after the window had closed.
Same rules should obviously apply.

If they had watched sky sports then they would have been well aware of when the window was closing.

The only exception I'd make outside the window is for goal keepers. If all keepers are injured then an emergency loan feels appropriate.

How long after the window shut did the mentally challengeds manage to sign Gudetti a couple of years ago?

its the nature of the window and the fact that move B hinges on move A happening and that might allow move c to go through

Imagine we'd pushed the boat out, say £5 million, for a player but ended up in this predicament...?!:eek:

FollowFollow would go tonto...and rightly so. An appeal should make it fine in a normal, world, but...

The Reptiles would probably try to black-ball any appeal for us if this happened.

If Leicester sent the email on time and it was a mistake on the FA's part then fair enough but if they sent it late then %^*& them. They know when the deadline is. 14seconds is late, the transfer window closes at 11pm, they had 2 months to sort it out.

No. I'm just a pragmatist.

They missed the deadline, it's no big deal. He can play for them in January

If you were a actually pragmatist, you'd realise that for the sake of 14 seconds that the sensible option would be to let the transfer go through.

If you were a actually pragmatist, you'd realise that for the sake of 14 seconds that the sensible option would be to let the transfer go through.

No it wouldn't. You would realise that you need to do your business before the window shuts.

You would also ask why you sanctioned the sale of a player before his replacement was confirmed. Poor risk management.

It's not that big a deal.

No it wouldn't. You would realise that you need to do your business before the window shuts.

You would also ask why you sanctioned the sale of a player before his replacement was confirmed. Poor risk management.

It's not that big a deal.

The transfer market is volatile. One move can create a domino effect, Leicester became part of that and signed a player in good faith. For the sake of 14 seconds, it's utterly absurd not to let it go ahead, and the £22M put down by Leicester suggests it's a very big deal.

You're being anything but pragmatic.

The transfer market is volatile. One move can create a domino effect, Leicester became part of that and signed a player in good faith. For the sake of 14 seconds, it's utterly absurd not to let it go ahead, and the £22M put down by Leicester suggests it's a very big deal.

You're being anything but pragmatic.
You are right.

Let's change the rules to deadline time of xxxx if you can manage it.

It's a multi million pound deal and they missed the deadline. 14 seconds, 14 minutes or 14 hours. I don't see the difference.

Accountability for the late deal needs to lie somewhere. Blaming the authorities isn't on unless they made the error.

If nothing else it's extremely unfair for the player. It would be horrible for him to be stuck in limbo like that for 4 months.

If the cash has been paid already could the seller Release the player from his contract and allow him to sign as a free agent?

Back