Leigh Griffith's throws object in to crowd after being substituted

They all wanted Alfie to get a 5 match ban for a gesture to the crowd. Throwing an object to the crowd should be at least a 5 match ban

As above Sky Sports News show Leigh Griffiths throwing the tape from his socks at home fans after being substituted.

It's hardly going to cause injury however you would assume the Compliance Officer has to act. That sort of action could lead to crowd trouble. Especially if it ever happens in a ground with a large home support.

Over to you Claire..
The boy's got issues, mate. Give him a break.

just the scum and lemons normal excuses everyone else to blame he only throw it at the floor we are all blind bull

So line in the sand, it’s ok for all players to throw objects at fans. No it’s not, he should be done regardless of what he threw. Waster.

Comforting to see that despite his time getting well on the sidelines it’s business as usual for Griffiths. Can’t be far away from the next big meltdown

If nothing is done, Morelos should do the same thing in a few weeks and see the reaction

What kind of example does this set? Are we really saying it's ok to act like this? Griffiths should be banned for at least 5 games.

It is going to be very interesting to see how this is reported and dealt with compared to the furore surrounding Alfredo’s innocuous gesture.

He must get done or it sets a precedent that it’s ok to lob your tape into crowd. Imagine he had thrown it into the enclosure at an old firm game! Compare Alfie’s mythical yellow for a gesture!

If nothing is done about this f*cker it will be an absolute scandal. The speed that he turns away after it shows that he realises he's f*cked up. Lennon knows as well, he's just trying to set the narrative.

He must get done or it sets a precedent that it’s ok to lob your tape into crowd. Imagine he had thrown it into the enclosure at an old firm game! Compare Alfie’s mythical yellow for a gesture!
Lennon hit by coin on the shoulder at Tynecastle ,rolls over faking it hits his face,all hell breaks loose,wish the Killie fan had acted in that manner,wether it was a coin,bit of rolled up paper, or tape roll

How many times can they get away with it. Constant, we’re going to lose great players and managers due to footballing backwater we are.

Let’s have a young lad smeared in the paper for a gesture but throwing stuff in to the crowds is all good? Scumbag and scumbag club

giphy.gif

He really exudes nothing but nastiness . He's a walking, talking living troll. Possibly worse than Brown, though it's a close-run thing.

But, but, but “his behaviour was exemplary” according to treacle teeth. This is how the incident is being reported. Compare and contrast

action must be took against thumbhied

Boyd was spot on as the usual suspects are out in force protecting the nutcase

Just seen sky sports news that cretin Lennon spouting about the abuse Griffiths got at the game. What about the abuse Alfredo gets from everyone in Scottish football bar Rangers fans? That's ok isn't it tho, as Alfredo is an easy target to mock, bully and victimise, but the minute someone dare says anything about poor misunderstood Leigh then he's all over it.

Seems to be little in it but it's the differing reporting that annoys me. If Morelos done similar it would cause outrage

I've not read the whole thread nor do I intend on doing so. What's been said of this; media outcry, pundits labelling Griffith's a disgrace, a screwball. What have Sutton and Hartson had to say. Has world war 3 begun as a result?

Of course not, it's not Alfredo Morelos.

Leigh Griffith's is pure and utter scum. Nothing will be gone, it will be swept under the carpet and the 19th Century Terrorist bastards will be allowed to offend time and time again.

Win this league title Rangers.

Seems to be little in it but it's the differing reporting that annoys me. If Morelos done similar it would cause outrage

Totally agree. Everything scrutinised beyond belief but if you are pulling Rangers players up for gestures then throwing stuff into the crowd has to be pulled up (even if it is a bit of tape).

Wasn't there a player in England who launched a coin back into the crowd at one point?

Edit: Just looked on google. It was Carragher against Arsenal.

I’m doubtful anything will happen. Should something happen, probably!

In my opinion move on and get behind this team. We are in a great position and the team need all our support focused!

Wont Take long for all the usual suspects who have been pushing for Alfie to get a ban to come out and start defending him

Better video of the incident and the Sky excuses afterwards.
Look at the guy in the Tim's dugout. Immediately embarrassed by the ned.

‘Just a non incident really’ says Walker.

Morelos’ gesture and Kent’s celebration were non incidents from the Old Firm game but that didn’t stop a media outcry for 3+ weeks did it, Andy?!

I’m doubtful anything will happen. Should something happen, probably!

In my opinion move on and get behind this team. We are in a great position and the team need all our support focused!

what do you mean probably? havent you seen the charges against us by the cheating sfa?

Doesn't matter what he threw, there is enough crap being thrown by fans and him getting away with doing that makes it acceptable.

It was a petty and petulant act from him.

It really doesn't matter how 'slight' the act was and how much they try to smooth it away, the bottom line is that he threw something into the crowd and the SFA need to enact disciplinary proceedings so as to not set a precedent.

Back