Leipzig

Watched the video about 100 times, between that and the day of 55 outside Ibrox for best ever football memories for me. Leipzig was genuinely electric though, you could just feel something special happening in the air.
55 was amazing unfortunately we all couldnt be in Ibrox so felt bit strange whole season. For me Leipzig at Ibrox was immense and probably best atmosphere for a long while. The performance that night as well...
Being at Rugby park Kilmarnock 7 minutes 3 -0 will be up there too as it was last league until 55.
The bouncy 2 v 1 Stuttgart 2007 was quality too

Its the greatest night in Ibrox. The full time celebrations were incredible. The joy and emotion in people I have stood next to for years. Moments with my old man and friend. Everyone who suffered. The thoughts for all our absent friends who couldn’t be there for it. It was and still is amazing.

That is why I will always be thankful to GVB for that. An incredible night.

Will never ever forget it and everytime I’m having a few in the house it always finds it’s way on YouTube.

I think the only thing that will ever top that night for me and certainly majority in the forum would be if we ever do win a European trophy. Still hurts and will do for a long time unfortunately.

Its the greatest night in Ibrox. The full time celebrations were incredible. The joy and emotion in people I have stood next to for years. Moments with my old man and friend. Everyone who suffered. The thoughts for all our absent friends who couldn’t be there for it. It was and still is amazing.

That is why I will always be thankful to GVB for that. An incredible night.
Will never ever forget it and everytime I’m having a few in the house it always finds it’s way on YouTube.

I think the only thing that will ever top that night for me and certainly majority in the forum would be if we ever do win a European trophy. Still hurts and will do for a long time unfortunately.

The only way I will ever get over it is if we win the thing one day

I love the memories of Ibrox that night but I have had sleepless nights thinking about what Kent should have done
I don’t know why I done it to myself but I watched the penalties again the other week and it’s infuriating how good their penalties were. McGregor was so close to a couple of them. We all know how good he is at saving penalties and they hit the best possible ones they could have to score all five.

I don’t know why I done it to myself but I watched the penalties again the other week and it’s infuriating how good their penalties were. McGregor was so close to a couple of them.
I have posted a couple of times, but I never watched Manchester ever! Still haven’t and won’t but I take a lot from that run, I have 2 girls who weren’t interested in football and are now Rangers daft. I didn’t make the same mistake and get blitzed and enjoyed it with my old man etc…… I watched it back about 3 weeks ago and the only thing I hate or sorry despise about the game is Ramsay, we all miss penalty’s but Sakala should have been given trust and miss or not, at least he could be arsed being fit for us

I don’t know why I done it to myself but I watched the penalties again the other week and it’s infuriating how good their penalties were. McGregor was so close to a couple of them. We all know how good he is at saving penalties and they hit the best possible ones they could have to score all five.
Everything went wrong for us that night tbh

Ramsey
Striker situation
Shagger saving no penalties (what's the odds)
Kent

When it went to penalties I was full of Confidence because our record on and against them with shagger is generally excellent. Ever expected it to end how it did :(

I go back and watch leipzig and 55 memories every few weeks, fantastic times that shouldn't be forgotten because of the last kick of a ball.

I love the memories of Ibrox that night but I have had sleepless nights thinking about what Kent should have done
Probably would of been worse for us if that ball went into the net.

Imo, the ball was over the line before Roofe crossed it and VAR would of ruled it out.

I thought at the time we were going to do them in extra time but I had zero faith when it came down to penalties.

Best night ever at Ibrox. I was there v Kiev, Leeds, Aberdeen for 3 in a row and numerous times v scum including Gough last minute equaliser and MoJo with his winner but nothing will beat Leipzig.
Whether it was cos I was there with my daughter who went through the journey with me or because of the magnitude of what we achieved but it was the best night ever I have been at.

Best night ever at Ibrox. I was there v Kiev, Leeds, Aberdeen for 3 in a row and numerous times v scum including Gough last minute equaliser and MoJo with his winner but nothing will beat Leipzig.
Whether it was cos I was there with my daughter who went through the journey with me or because of the magnitude of what we achieved but it was the best night ever I have been at.

Im the same mate, was at all the ones you mention and the 5-1 game in 1988 but the Leipzig game was amazing. I lost count of the complete strangers I was hugging at the end.

It's one of those games that defines you as a Rangers fan. The sheer emotion when the whistle blew, the feelings of excitement and pride in our club. One of the greatest nights following Rangers

To be honest I’m glad he never put it into the net as he was marginally offside and I can’t imagine how deflating that would have been to have it ruled out by VAR!
100% I say this every time someone says what if he scored that. Bad enough losing on pens but imagine the pain of celebrating what we thought was a winner to have it chopped off then lose on pens…oooft.

Being in that fan viewing stadium, seeing Aribo score I don’t think I’ve ever been happier & more elated in my entire life.

As others have said, the ending was so, so cruel.

I was in Tenerife with my dad watching it in the Bluebell bar. He isn't keeping that well these days but i have honestly never seen him so happy after that result. The whole experience for numerous reasons will live with me for the rest of my days
Hope he gets well soon.

What a great thing is to have a great football experience with the man who took us first to a football match.

Last edited:
Not a criticism but find it odd folk won't rewatch Leipzig etc because of the end result in Seville.
Sure I still struggle to watch anything from the final but have regularly rewatched the scenes at Ibrox vs Leipzig. Best atmosphere I've ever witnessed and will be tough to beat it

Back