Leipzig

Not a criticism but find it odd folk won't rewatch Leipzig etc because of the end result in Seville.
Sure I still struggle to watch anything from the final but have regularly rewatched the scenes at Ibrox vs Leipzig. Best atmosphere I've ever witnessed and will be tough to beat it

I have always been able to separate the two

Reaching the final is an accomplishment in its own right so I have no issues watching Dortmund, Braga etc highlights.

When I set foot in Ibrox those nights, the primary focus was on reaching the final and going to Seville. I wasn’t totally focussing on winning the tournament at that stage.

Much like Manchester 08, I've not watched any of the run from last year. Just can't bring myself to watch it again knowing how it all ended.

I don’t know why I done it to myself but I watched the penalties again the other week and it’s infuriating how good their penalties were. McGregor was so close to a couple of them. We all know how good he is at saving penalties and they hit the best possible ones they could have to score all five.
We could’ve been there all night and not won on pens. That’s just the German’s for you.

We were the better side in extra time. I honestly think if Gio had rolled the dice with Ramsey and Roofe 10 mins earlier we could’ve got the goal.

Not a criticism but find it odd folk won't rewatch Leipzig etc because of the end result in Seville.
Sure I still struggle to watch anything from the final but have regularly rewatched the scenes at Ibrox vs Leipzig. Best atmosphere I've ever witnessed and will be tough to beat it
100% - some people maybe just can’t compartmentalise individual games. It’d be the same as not savouring an old firm win because we didn’t win the league that season or go on to win a cup after knocking them out.

Back