Length of time since each club in the Scottish Premiership have had a penalty in a league match

Remember back when Howard Webb refereed the World Cup Final, the English media made a huge deal of it but all you got from Webb himself was that it's just another football game, 22 players playing a game the same as any other.

That's how a professional referee would approach any game.
In that game he made one of the most ridiculous decisions in recent World Cup history. Perhaps he said one thing, but reality was somewhat different

I’m going back a couple of seasons now but one of the worst decisions I’ve seen was against Dundee and we were 4-0 up at Ibrox. Morelos ran through one on one and the keeper brought him down. The ref booked Morelos for diving, then turned around and had to stop play as the keepers face was bleeding (he had obviously caught Morelos with his head). Who was the ref that day was it Maclean or something?

edit - checked and it was Greg Aitken
Another tim funnily enough

Add in the possession to foul ratio and foul to card count and the bias is clear as day.

We had the more fouls as kilmarnock who camped in their own box and touched the ball about 12 times.

Rangers - 75% possession and 18 fouls

Kilmarnock - 25% possession and just 9 fouls.

Livingston game.

We had 79% possession made 7 fouls and got 1 booking

Livingston had 21% possession with 10 fouls and no bookings.
Man City would probably have similar stats as they are clever at committing professional fouls.

Think OPs stat is more damning. Normally teams that do most of the attacking get more penalties as they spend longer in the opponent's box.

The Scottish Mhedia love stealing info from on here. Why haven't they included these unbelievable stats in any of their publications?

It is hard to believe no one has written anything about bent refs suppose theres a number of reasons.

1 a lot of them are tims or tim friendly and that mob have always wanted a corrupt league. I am sure the press guys speak about it quite often i remember Guidi being quite excited on clyde about the changes in refereeing a good few years back, obvious what he was saying even if he was suggesting a better standard or training all that crap.
2 the press have played a huge part in helping Celtic take control of Scottish football they are as much to blame as someone like Thomson that brought this into the game and is probably working part time in the background giving advice. You see how defensive the media guys get anytime Gerrard speaks about the officials i thought they all loved a story or a headline but not this one it seems, they will if Lennon ever moans about a decision.
3 the hassle if you did mention it, you would be on your own could cost you the career i doubt theres any editors that want that tims would go mental stop buying their paper, piggery ban and not one of the bans keevins picks up when hes at it.

It is hard to believe no one has written anything about bent refs suppose theres a number of reasons.

1 a lot of them are tims or tim friendly and that mob have always wanted a corrupt league. I am sure the press guys speak about it quite often i remember Guidi being quite excited on clyde about the changes in refereeing a good few years back, obvious what he was saying even if he was suggesting a better standard or training all that crap.
2 the press have played a huge part in helping Celtic take control of Scottish football they are as much to blame as someone like Thomson that brought this into the game and is probably working part time in the background giving advice. You see how defensive the media guys get anytime Gerrard speaks about the officials i thought they all loved a story or a headline but not this one it seems, they will if Lennon ever moans about a decision.
3 the hassle if you did mention it, you would be on your own could cost you the career i doubt theres any editors that want that tims would go mental stop buying their paper, piggery ban and not one of the bans keevins picks up when hes at it.
One example is the way the Press ALWAYS highlight a past incident in a match that may have cost Celtic a result when the official is about to be in charge of an upcoming game involving them. The pressure is always heaped on the official to NOT to dare cost them again.
You NEVER read the press doing similar with Referees that have cost Rangers.

John Beaton v Hibs at Ibrox three years ago was the worse I'd ever witnessed yet it was forgotten about at the final whistle. The Press instead chose to focus on the antics of Lennon that day goading the Rangers fans and excused it due to the Sectarian abuse he was taking.... Despite the fant there was no such abuse took place.
Our club allowed the smear on the support to go unchallenged.

Back