Length of time since each club in the Scottish Premiership have had a penalty in a league match

I mean the numbers are skewed because you've had 5 months without games but the order still stands I guess
Would be better if it were “games since the last measured” that was measured.
That said, the answer won’t be any different.

Add in the possession to foul ratio and foul to card count and the bias is clear as day.

We had the more fouls as kilmarnock who camped in their own box and touched the ball about 12 times.

Rangers - 75% possession and 18 fouls

Kilmarnock - 25% possession and just 9 fouls.

Livingston game.

We had 79% possession made 7 fouls and got 1 booking

Livingston had 21% possession with 10 fouls and no bookings.

Last edited:
7 games this season & that was the Motherwell game on 27-10-19 which wouldve been game 10 last season, we played another 19 games before the league was * so 26 games since last penalty in the league.

Could someone please post the table that showed clubs with most to least citations by compliance officer?
I’d like to show it along with this penalty information to a few people. That’s a polite way of saying I’ll be ramming down some fućkers throat.

OT but a stat I’d like to see is how many red cards we have had rescinded since getting back into the top flight, vs how many the mentally challengeds have actually been awarded. Would make interesting reading IMO. I reckon we’ve probably had more than rescinded than they’ve been given.

How many “honest mistakes” have been made that have seen us at a disadvantage during games?

This obviously doesn’t account for inconsistencies such as Jack vs Aberdeen (May) and Alfie vs Dundee United (Edwards).

Get one at the weekend and we top that list.

sometimes your at the bottom of these lists sometimes your at the top.

id rather see the stats of how frequently the scum get penalties, probably like 1 every 5 games
That's some amount of days though since last pen!

I’ll be honest, I can’t think of many we should have had that weren’t given. Also consider we only played 70% of last season.

id rather see the stats of how frequently the scum get penalties, probably like 1 every 5 games

Your explanation why a team who averages 70%+ possession in most matches goes 323 days without a penalty being awarded is...

I’ll be honest, I can’t think of many we should have had that weren’t given. Also consider we only played 70% of last season.

Like every other club in the table published by the OP!

This is what the SPFL intends, a League table with Celtic at the top and Rangers at the bottom . . . it is exactly what they ordain!

If these places were reversed, all hell would be breaking in the MSM every day until it was rectified!

Like every other club in the table published by the OP!

This is what the SPFL intends, a League table with Celtic at the top and Rangers at the bottom . . . it is exactly what they ordain!

If these places were reversed, all hell would be breaking in the MSM every day until it was rectified!

I get your point. I just don’t remember any stonewallers we were denied. Not saying there wasn’t any, none come to mind.

I get your point. I just don’t remember any stonewallers we were denied. Not saying there wasn’t any, none come to mind.

Steven Gerrard revealed referee John Beaton apologised after failing to award his side a penalty as Rangers blew a two-goal lead at Pittodrie to slip two points behind Celtic in the title race.

And the Light Blues boss claimed the whistler would have been the most disappointed man outside of Ibrox after holding his hands up at his spot kick miss.

As both sides chased for a late winner Beaton awarded a free kick on the edge of the Dons penalty area after Alfredo Morelos was clipped by Lewis Ferguson but TV replays showed the foul was committed inside the box.

Gutted Gerrard, who now has to pick his players up for Sunday’s Betfred Cup final against Celtic, spoke to Beaton after the game and he admitted his mistake

With out checking I'd put my money on Celtic being top in the following.

Most Penalties given
Least penalties conceded
Least yellow cards
Most yellows to opposing teams
Least Red cards
Most Reds to opposing teams.

Now I do expect them to be up there in most of the above stats, but in reality we should be too. If we are not then its proof we are treated differently.

I'm pretty sure a few years back those stats were in the Wee Red Book I think it was and it showed the following:

We had more YC.
We had more RC
More penalties against.
Scum FC given more penalties.

I actually didn't think it was as bad as that, i knew it would be bad, but when you see those stats, shocking.

The officials in the cup final cost us the OPPORTUNITY to win it . That said we had plenty of chances to right that. The disintegration in the league was our issue, despite the obvious push to award it early. The previous years had many issues but frankly this year we need to keep winning. My issue is not these stats but our inability to call out refs. Our win at Torbett towers was as good a time to do it but we remained silent . This will continue if we adopt our current policy. So for the avoidance of doubt we collapsed last season but we are clearly judged to a different standard and this year it might matter if we continue to shut our mouths.

An another interesting number to add to that 330 day figure were it available would be the time spent in and around the box. Given our high time in that area of the pitch compared to the rest the stat would be even more damning.

itten should've had 1 stonewall penalty then in the game clancy books him itten gets kicked on the back of the leg, both players go down and clancy books Itten. You could argue he should've won two penalties in his time here and zero bookings, instead zero penalties and a booking.

Seen this posted online earlier.

Almost a year since Rangers last got one. Puts to bed the notion /lies that we are awarded more than anyone else.

this and the stats on fouls per booking really show up this corrupt league

someone should put together these stars as a table

you can bet Celtic is at the top of all of these stats and we will be mid table

I think we also have the most possession and touches in the opponents penalty area

corrupt

And yet “penalty to Rangers” is a thing according to most!
Thats exactly why the refs have stopped awarding them. Clancy has also said the refs know whats at stake for Celtic this season.

We arent going to get many penalties at all. Gerrard knows the situation with the refs and will remind the players we need to be far more clinical to ensure 3pts every match

Livingston at home in February the referee couldn’t give us a penalty for the most blatant handball you will ever see because it was windy:))

The stonewaller that cheating fûck Beaton denied us at Pittodrie still riles me as well.

We don’t call these incidents out though so they are going to just continue.

You’re correct, the filth could have been bottom of that table (they weren’t) but one pen takes you to the top.

There's a video of Clancys cheating from December, he "missed" 4 jersey pulls on Aribo.
You might remember in that same game it was not only a penalty but also a yellow card.

morelos pulled down by julien = foul celtic
goldson halved at a corner = foul celtic
davis made to leave the pitch the goal as celtic players demanded
injury time going and going
etc

if we had a fair set of officials, we would have horsed them and they'd have had a few missing for after the winter break, instead we miss alfie.

We were cheated beyond belief that day but not just by Clancy but his officials and afterwards by the SPFL.

morelos pulled down by julien = foul celtic
goldson halved at a corner = foul celtic
davis made to leave the pitch the goal as celtic players demanded
injury time going and going
etc

if we had a fair set of officials, we would have horsed them and they'd have had a few missing for after the winter break, instead we miss alfie.

We were cheated beyond belief that day but not just by Clancy but his officials and afterwards by the SPFL.
I think it may have been yourself that I replied to on another thread about how much cheating had gone on that day that I'd forgotten about the Davis incident.

The Goldson one is another that had totally slipped my mind.

You’re correct, the filth could have been bottom of that table (they weren’t) but one pen takes you to the top.
The filth would never be bottom of that table and nor should they be.

Given the amount of attacking and time spent in the opposition box by both sides of the old firm we both should be constantly in the top positions with only teams awarded penalties in the last couple of weeks ahead of us. Neither should be anywhere near the bottom and to go almost an entire calendar year (even allowing for two months lockdown) without a penalty is unthinkable.

I’m going back a couple of seasons now but one of the worst decisions I’ve seen was against Dundee and we were 4-0 up at Ibrox. Morelos ran through one on one and the keeper brought him down. The ref booked Morelos for diving, then turned around and had to stop play as the keepers face was bleeding (he had obviously caught Morelos with his head). Who was the ref that day was it Maclean or something?

edit - checked and it was Greg Aitken

Last edited:
That doesn't surprise me. You hear of the great unwashed claiming we get everything as well.

last year SPFL card count was massively in favour of the mentally challengeds
last years Euro card count was very similar, almost identical.

Strange these anomalies dont get mentioned in the press.

last year SPFL card count was massively in favour of the mentally challengeds
last years Euro card count was very similar, almost identical.

Strange these anomalies dont get mentioned in the press.

That is exactly why it should be pointed out. It stands to reason if you have alot of the ball in and around the box you will get fouls and penalties more often than teams who dont but thats not the case in the SPFL. Its plain to see that its infested.

2-1 game at the piggery before Katic scored Airbo was being held by one of the mutants = no pen.

Jump back to the 1st half the ref gave a pen under the exact same circumstances for the tims.

Aribo's jersey was being pulled down to his shoulder and yet no penalty!!

The other stat is for bookings. All clubs will receive a booking after around 6 to 8 fouls each game, except for 1 club. Their average is around 13 fouls, so they are allowed to commit twice as many fouls before a player being booked!!
This obviously makes a huge difference to suspensions in the course of a season as well.

You just know that, now that this has been highlighted, the next time we are cruising to a comfortable victory we will be awarded a soft (possibly dodgy) penalty that in no way affects the outcome of the game - hoping to shut us up and then it starts all over again.

The herald pumped out an article last year saying we get twice as many penalties as the mentally challengeds and low and behold they totally stop

Astounding statistic. Thoroughly endorses the claim that there is corruption in the SPFL and the refereeing anti-Gers community. They will probably turn the stat around and say it proves that the other clubs play very sportingly against Rangers. Aye Right :mad:

Back