Lennon calls Maurice Ross an embarrassment and demands he apologies to the celtic players

uneasydaz

NEIL LENNON has branded Maurice Ross an 'embarrassment' — and told him to say sorry to Celtic’s players.

The former Rangers defender, now first-team coach at Motherwell, slammed Celts in a radio interview after Saturday’s Old Firm defeat.

Ross claimed it was the weakest Celtic line-up in 20 years and insisted Lennon’s side only had a basic understanding of how to play their 3-5-2 formation.

The ex-Scotland full-back also questioned why Leigh Griffiths and Albian Ajeti still weren’t fit enough to start the derby clash

But seething Lennon — whose side face AC Milan — has revealed he has already received an apology from Fir Park boss Steve Robinson for Ross’s remarks.

Lennon rapped: “I was surprised and very disappointed. Stephen contacted me to apologise profusely. He found it embarrassing.

“I think Motherwell, as a club, have really good people there and they found it embarrassing as well.

“And to be honest with you, I found the comments embarrassing for Maurice rather than anyone else.

“He’s an employee of another Premiership team and I don’t think he should be making any comment at all on any other team or any other players.”

Lennon now insists Ross owes the Celtic players an apology.

He added: “The comments, in particular on Ajeti, on Griffiths, on the money that Shane Duffy may or may not be on, I think were abysmal.

“There is a professional standard, a professional etiquette, a professional respect and I think Maurice was lacking in all three of those.

“I don’t think he owes me an apology, I think he owes my players an apology, I think he owes my coaching staff an apology and I think he owes my club an apology.

“I think he owes his own club an apology too.”

Ross’s bombshell remarks came on Sunday on Radio Scotland’s Sportsound programme.

The ex-Gers defender said: “That starting 11 was probably the weakest I’ve seen from them in 20 years.

“Griffiths, struggling for fitness? How long does he take to get fit that boy, Ajeti?”

Ross also infuriated St Mirren with comments he made during the same radio show.

Saints were forced to postpone their game against Well after three of their players tested positive for Covid-19.

Saints chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick accused Ross of suggesting his side had taken advantage of the situation and wrote to Motherwell to complain.

Who was that commenting on Ryan Porteous a few weeks back ? Who was the commenting on how Graeme Murty was treated a few years back ? Who was that telling St Mirren to stop moaning and get on with it a few games ago ?

No! It couldn't possibly be...

NEIL LENNON has branded Maurice Ross an 'embarrassment' — and told him to say sorry to Celtic’s players.

The former Rangers defender, now first-team coach at Motherwell, slammed Celts in a radio interview after Saturday’s Old Firm defeat.

Ross claimed it was the weakest Celtic line-up in 20 years and insisted Lennon’s side only had a basic understanding of how to play their 3-5-2 formation.

The ex-Scotland full-back also questioned why Leigh Griffiths and Albian Ajeti still weren’t fit enough to start the derby clash

But seething Lennon — whose side face AC Milan — has revealed he has already received an apology from Fir Park boss Steve Robinson for Ross’s remarks.

Lennon rapped: “I was surprised and very disappointed. Stephen contacted me to apologise profusely. He found it embarrassing.

“I think Motherwell, as a club, have really good people there and they found it embarrassing as well.

“And to be honest with you, I found the comments embarrassing for Maurice rather than anyone else.

“He’s an employee of another Premiership team and I don’t think he should be making any comment at all on any other team or any other players.”

Lennon now insists Ross owes the Celtic players an apology.

He added: “The comments, in particular on Ajeti, on Griffiths, on the money that Shane Duffy may or may not be on, I think were abysmal.

“There is a professional standard, a professional etiquette, a professional respect and I think Maurice was lacking in all three of those.

“I don’t think he owes me an apology, I think he owes my players an apology, I think he owes my coaching staff an apology and I think he owes my club an apology.

“I think he owes his own club an apology too.”

Ross’s bombshell remarks came on Sunday on Radio Scotland’s Sportsound programme.

The ex-Gers defender said: “That starting 11 was probably the weakest I’ve seen from them in 20 years.

“Griffiths, struggling for fitness? How long does he take to get fit that boy, Ajeti?”

Ross also infuriated St Mirren with comments he made during the same radio show.

Saints were forced to postpone their game against Well after three of their players tested positive for Covid-19.

Saints chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick accused Ross of suggesting his side had taken advantage of the situation and wrote to Motherwell to complain.

Anyone remember the time this hypocritical, mentally-ill, tobacco-stained, tactically-inept troll & his hideous club forced all professional referees in the country to strike?

Professional standard, indeed.

Rat.

Back