Lennon Gone, now confirmed, Kennedy Interim Manager.

They really think that they will get Benitez B-) He want want a hug salary and the budget of a principality to turn that rancid club around. I reckon it will be Kennedy or Clarke.

Had a wee look at oddschecker and they are taking bets for Arlene Fraser, Ian Paisley Jnr & Gerry Adams :)

they need more than just a new manager, their problems are more deep rooted than that, plus the type of managers they want are the one's who'll not be seen dead managing in scotland. let's be honest here, we got very lucky with gerrard, look at it this way, say for talking sake we're looking for a manager post pedro, and we see a manager in europe who's done what gerrard has in the last three years in a smaller league than the big five, would such a manager want to come to scotland, or would they rather wait for one of the big leagues to come calling?

Last edited:
Yes if we stay ahead of Ukraine in the rankings & the CL winner qualifies through their league. Which normally always happens
No it doesn't take effect until the 22/23 season, the only way we go straight in next season is by winning it.

I know of Chelsea lads who love lampard say the same. They hope he doesn’t take the job but have said if he does they are done with him and will never forgive him.

i hate this bullshit love in with Chelsea and linfield anyway. I hate both clubs
Mate I don’t support Chelsea if you ever see any post I make on English football I regularly slate them.I’ve always favoured Arsenal but if they get beat I don’t really care.Linfield I have a bit of time for after they were the only ones to help with the friendly when our troubles started all those years ago.I like lampard as a man and a player.But if he takes that job it’s done.He knows about that clubs history and their views so if he takes it he’s sold his soul.Really Hope he doesn’t to be honest.

Mate I don’t support Chelsea if you ever see any post I make on English football I regularly slate them.I’ve always favoured Arsenal but if they get beat I don’t really care.Linfield I have a bit of time for after they were the only ones to help with the friendly when our troubles started all those years ago.I like lampard as a man and a player.But if he takes that job it’s done.He knows about that clubs history and their views so if he takes it he’s sold his soul.Really Hope he doesn’t to be honest.
Yeah I hate English football and hardly ever watch or follow it to be fair. Follow my local club ballymena here in the Irish league but rangers will always be the only club I really love

The thought of Fat Frank turning up to Parkhead with that Cockney bellend Jody Morris is hilarious.

You would think it would be impossible to make their defence any worse, but wait until Lamps gets his hands on it.

An unabashed fan of the Tory party as well, which will no doubt appeal to their board.

The thought of Fat Frank turning up to Parkhead with that Cockney bellend Jody Morris is hilarious.

You would think it would be impossible to make their defence any worse, but wait until Lamps gets his hands on it.

An unabashed fan of the Tory party as well, which will no doubt appeal to their board.
Gerrard and lampard would be quite friendly would they not? I don’t want any friendliness with what ever scumbag they bring to their dump

They had all the time in the world as well to put together at least one serious European run, we're about to go further than they ever did for the second season in a row.
Scrolling through Wikipedia they haven’t been beyond the first knockout round (after the group stage) in Europe since 2003/04. In 2018 they beat Zenit 1-0 but lost 3-0 in the second leg. That seems to be the only knockout victory in seventeen years.

Ok I stand corrected on that one but they are Internationalists. Price tags for young internationalists with decent experience these days can be anything, plus they have a good record of getting good fees for average players.
They do, but most of them were on long term deals. IIRC Tierney signed a 6 year deal before he went to Arsenal, so that the fee would be bumped up.

Edouard, Ajer & Christie will all have only 12 months left on their deals at the end of this season, so the balance of power lies more with the player and the buying club, as they will be able to sign for free in a year.

Like everything else, it will boil down to the basics of economics, supply and demand. If there are several clubs in for each player, price will rise. If not, they won't get anywhere near the fee that they want and risk losing the player for nothing in a year, with the added problem of the player being unhappy and able to sign a pre-contract in January, so unlikely to give 100%.

If rumours are true that they had offers for Edouard & Ajer at the end of last season, but due to Covid, they were much less than they valued them at, so they rejected them in the expectation that Covid would pass quickly and they could have been sold for a higher fee in January, then it backfired and they will be worried about getting their fingers burned again.

The French tv deal has collapsed, so that rules out a big home move for Edouard outwith PSG, who won't be interested. Rodgers at Leicester remains an option, but I just don't see him fitting into a forward line built around the pace of Vardy, as Edouard simply does not have the pace nor effort to make a partnership with Vardy. Christie's stock has fallen considerably and would be English Championship level, I reckon. Whilst any Milan deal for Ajer could well depend on Laxalt going the other way.

I just don't see any way that it will be as easy for them to get the over-inflated fee's that they have in recent years.

Rumour has it he will again be pulling on his boots and gracing the football pitch.

27656333703_a1bcbb3c98_b.jpg

That looks a bit too technical for him.

Baffult ... again.

What they didn’t seem to get when I mentioned it was that it’s a shit job that nobody will want.

Aye, but Benitez...

I think this was all about a MONEY stand-off!

The Celtic board thinking Lenny will jump ship rather than watch Rangers become champions!

Took a while - but they won!!!!

HILARIOUS!

Yes if we stay ahead of Ukraine in the rankings & the CL winner qualifies through their league. Which normally always happens

They’ve got a choice to make. Gamble, try and attract a decent manager, spend a bit of money and try and get that automatic Champions League spot or, go down the cheap route.

I don’t expect to see a Clarke, Ross, Lambert or the likes there next season. They’ll be aiming higher, IMO.

They’ve got a choice to make. Gamble, try and attract a decent manager, spend a bit of money and try and get that automatic Champions League spot or, go down the cheap route.

I don’t expect to see a Clarke, Ross, Lambert or the likes there next season. They’ll be aiming higher, IMO.
Yes, they’ve collapsed so dramatically that their fans won’t be satisfied with the usual ‘Celtic man’ jobbers. But with Covid losses can they afford an expensive manager with the inevitable transfer kitty he’ll demand? Maybe if Dermot ‘Panama Papers’ Desmond funds it out of his own pocket. If not..?

Yes, they’ve collapsed so dramatically that their fans won’t be satisfied with the usual ‘Celtic man’ jobbers. But with Covid losses can they afford an expensive manager with the inevitable transfer kitty he’ll demand? Maybe if Dermot ‘Panama Papers’ Desmond funds it out of his own pocket. If not..?

They'll go continental. Like we did post Walter in the 90s. That's my bold prediction. Obviously, minus the world class signings.

Appointing another 'Sellick man' won't appease the hordes. It was one of their own that got them into this mess. Plenty of talented coaches out there that are plying their trade in leagues across Europe that would take a crack at that job.

Back