Lennon in Ryan Christie Celtic transfer acceptance but Hoops boss holds out new deal hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 key players in per season, 3 out.
We needed a big cull, with the likes of docherty, halliday, rossiter, mcrorie, murphy etc.
Nothing better than Rangers fans making it at Rangers but those days are long gone bar for the odd one.
There s a feel good factor back that hasnt been there for 10 years.
Personally i would say the club behind the scenes and on the playing field is being better managed since holmes/ souness/ ogilvie.
The scouting department is night and day to what it's even been in the clubs history no sentiment of being a fan our not if the club rhink the player represents good value and has the mentality to make it at us we will go and get them in

If he's played correctly then I think he could cut it in the premiership.

A Stuart Armstrong level player for me.

Theres no doubting that behind the scenes they are on turmoil, the wheels are coming off big time, their squad will look completely different next year I reckon.

Rhats deserting a sinking ship.

After we gubbed them at Parkhead I spoke about this. Christie wanting out along with Ajer, Nitcham, Eduoard and Rogic. Players agents asking celtic what will it take.

As I mentioned at the time the mickey Johnstone debatable was the turning point for Christie.

Oh add another to the list. Wonderkid Karamoko Dembele wont extend his contract next year, Hes off too. Hence why you are not seeing why je not worth 100m anymore.

The scouting department is night and day to what it's even been in the clubs history no sentiment of being a fan our not if the club rhink the player represents good value and has the mentality to make it at us we will go and get them in
Loved the souness/ holmes time till murray arrived.
It was like %^*& everyone, were back and taking no shit.
This is obviously different as that was nearly 35 years ago.
But as i said , we are now looking more professional from marketing, websites , football side etc etc.

I have to admit he does look half decent to me most of the time - although I also
I agree with comments above criticising his decision making

I wonder if he'd improve in a team with better players around him or not ?

I'm sure someone will be tempted to bid for him especially considering the dross changing hands in England for big bucks
& you can bet that between now & the day he goes - timmy & the media will bump up the asking price beyond fantasy -

After we gubbed them at Parkhead I spoke about this. Christie wanting out along with Ajer, Nitcham, Eduoard and Rogic. Players agents asking celtic what will it take.

As I mentioned at the time the mickey Johnstone debatable was the turning point for Christie.

Oh add another to the list. Wonderkid Karamoko Dembele wont extend his contract next year, Hes off too. Hence why you are not seeing why je not worth 100m anymore.
Lennon is rancid , thats the problem.
No class, doesnt know how to behave etc etc
It was a matter of time before this started coming to fruition.
The tims that arent bigots , know he needs to go.

He’s so over rated, he’s rather take on 4 players for a chance to score than play in the forward who’s in a better spot, very greedy with the ball.

He can look the part against St Johnstone and St Mirren probably.

No denying he is a sellable asset (not for stupid money like £25m), and has been advertised on an international stage playing for Scotland and had a lot of focus on him.

But could any team look at him and go "remember in the Champions League when he tore XX apart, or Europa league game against YY when he ran riot?"
No but they could probably find when he played in a Europa League group game against Sparta Prague reserves and they ran riot.

I would be very surprised if he wanted a move abroad. His old man signed for that lot, but couldn't settle in Glasgow, as he was homesick for Inverness, for similar reasons Ryan was sent up to Aberdeen on loan, to be closer to home.

More likely that lot know his value has peaked after the Euros and they are just putting it out there that he is available and they are inviting offers for him in January.

His dad has been agitating this fir a while, now he’s getting Robbo to put it out there.

The hordes will turn on him soon
My guess is that Caley have a fairly big sell on % in his current contract. With Robbo as manager and (I think) his Dad still involved in some kind of commercial capacity you can see why their desire is to see him move on.

“It’s been a long time of being the bridesmaid and they have broken the camel’s back and it’s great for them psychologically.”

Quote attributed to TLB, did he really spout that s****?

This shows how much opinions in football divider mate:))

In my eyes, he’s their best player!
He's without a doubt one of their better players.

I've no idea what some people see when they are watching a game of football.

I understand some people are blind loyal and some people cannot give any praise to other teams/players.

But Stevie Wonder could see Christie is one Celtic's best players. Losing him on the cheap would help us profusely.

He really is. Constantly gets caught in possession and wastes opportunity after opportunity with terrible decision making. Occasionally can score a wonder goal. Like I said, he's rated higher on here than he is amongst the Celtic support.
I respect your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back