Lennon job. Runners and riders

Bulletproof

I think they may try to copy us in going for a manager that's fairly young and was a well respected player. I wouldn't be surprised if they try for Joey Barton(1 out of 2 ain't bad)

Corkinator

Shows you how far we have come under StevieG in what’s in reality a short time.

We were the laughing stock of the league, going through managers like sweeties.

We were getting pumped by them regularly and were the butt of their jokes.

We had players who shouldn’t have got into Ibrox without a ticket.

Well they ain’t laughing now, they are shitting themselves.

There’s a saying that “ he who laughs last laughs longest “ and we will be laughing at them soon.
I’m already laughing at them.

RFC_Champions

Would we sack Gerrard if we were level on points with the tims (albeit the tims having a game in hand)?

Would we sack Gerrard if we were 3pts behind the tims (with both having played the same number of games)?

Would we sack Gerrard if we were in the same position as the tims.... 6pts behind with a game in hand?

All the above scenarios are extremely similar from a footballing perspective.
We wouldn’t sack Gerrard if the roles were reversed. Nor should we.

If Lennon gets sacked, it won’t be purely based on football results imo. The results and their position in the league isn’t great but it’s far from a disaster.

onceuponabriggsbear

I think most managers might look at what Rogers done and if they backed themselves thinks I could do similar, restore a bit of reputation and get another epl job.

But right now if he was to go in, struggle to get a tune out of lennon's side against a proper Rangers team (something Rogers ran away from when faced with), then lose their astrix in a row, then that would follow them around for the rest of their career and they would struggle to come back from it.

I can't see any smart manager touching them with a bargepole at the moment.
Plus the stench over a huge paedophilia cover up

TW1988

Speaking to a few of them at work and there all saying lennon in for meeting today. Hoping he gets sacked n replaced by Eddie Howe . Haha panic stations now .Turning on the board,manager and players haha
Decent manager tbf

Mview83

Official Ticketer
Would we sack Gerrard if we were level on points with the tims (albeit the tims having a game in hand)?

Would we sack Gerrard if we were 3pts behind the tims (with both having played the same number of games)?

Would we sack Gerrard if we were in the same position as the tims.... 6pts behind with a game in hand?

All the above scenarios are extremely similar from a footballing perspective.
We wouldn’t sack Gerrard if the roles were reversed. Nor should we.

If Lennon gets sacked, it won’t be purely based on football results imo. The results and their position in the league isn’t great but it’s far from a disaster.
They don’t just play in the league though.

He’s failed to qualify for the CL from the piss easy Champions path for two years straight despite being backed to the tune of £20m plus

Disraeli

I like Howe as a manger.
The stuff about him being homesick in Burnley isn’t fair. His mother became seriously ill and died shortly afterwards whilst he was there. Don’t think you can blame him for wanting to move back nearer his family after that.

That said, whilst I think he’d be a good appointment for any lower-EPL team, you need something a bit different to succeed at either Rangers or Celtic. You need to have a ruthless, driven, even nasty edge to you that I’m not convinced he has.

Bellshillbluenose79

Speaking to a few of them at work and there all saying lennon in for meeting today. Hoping he gets sacked n replaced by Eddie Howe . Haha panic stations now .Turning on the board,manager and players haha
In my experience, what you want and what you get tends to be 2 different things.. haha #lennymuststay

RFC_Champions

They don’t just play in the league though.

He’s failed to qualify for the CL from the piss easy Champions path for two years straight despite being backed to the tune of £20m plus

Not qualifying for the CL is nothing new. The didn’t qualify the year before he became their manager either.

Besides, your post would suggest he’ll be sacked purely for not qualifying for the champions league then which is equally unlikely, as they’ve scooped up every domestic honour up for grabs.

As I said, if he gets the sack - it won’t be purely based on football results (regardless whether it’s recent domestic results or recent/historic CL qualifying results).

Mview83

Official Ticketer
Not qualifying for the CL is nothing new. The didn’t qualify the year before he became their manager either.

Besides, your post would suggest he’ll be sacked purely for not qualifying for the champions league then which is equally unlikely, as they’ve scooped up every domestic honour up for grabs.

As I said, if he gets the sack - it won’t be purely based on football results (regardless whether it’s recent domestic results or recent/historic CL qualifying results).
If they get beat on Thursday and lose rye cup semi there isn’t a chance he’ll still be in a job

ShieldsBear

Jack Ross or the Alky in charge of Scotland no doubt

Jack Ross is a rabid Tim to the point that he banned blue folders from the training ground at Sunderland. His assistant John Potter has lost the heed at some stage in just about every game we've played against Hibs since Ross was appointed there.

Id rather they appointed Howe.

The Lone Sniper

Lennon has double (treble?) our budget - the expectations, rightly are different.

The Lone Sniper

Jack Ross is a rabid Tim to the point that he banned blue folders from the training ground at Sunderland. His assistant John Potter has lost the heed at some stage in just about every game we've played against Hibs since Ross was appointed there.

Id rather they appointed Howe.

That's surprising - he carries himself pretty well in the media.

RFC_Champions

If they get beat on Thursday and lose rye cup semi there isn’t a chance he’ll still be in a job

I’m not so sure on those results alone! Everything they care about is on the league. They’d sacrifice everything for the league this year.

Only more dropped points in the league will see him going imo. Coincidentally, the event of us dropping points in the league would also buy him time.

I don’t frequent with many tims but the few I do speak to - none of them are calling for him to be sacked.
They actually want him to play the fringe players in the europa league and deep down they know the Scottish cup is a farce and more of a distraction than anything else.
The league is their holy grail.

Rickymck

No chance they’ll sack Lennon unless he loses another 2 or 3 games in quick succession
No chance unless they feel he really has crossed a line. Such are the fine margins in Scotland that us playing well and them playing garbage is technically only resulted in a 1 game turnaround and a game in hand. If we are 9 points clear after the weekend and they drawn or lose the first game in hand then they will panic. For now it's a mini crisis.

Barryhopez

It's likely the same type of hyperbole shite you readon here after a defeat/run of less than great results. In effect, not much to take notice of.

The Lone Sniper

So we shouldn’t expect to win the league or any cups then?

You and I both know that’s ridiculous.

I didn't say that. I said Lennon's expectations are different from Gerrard's.

That's before you even consider our clear on going improvement and their (current) stagnation.

RFC_Champions

I didn't say that. I said Lennon's expectations are different from Gerrard's.

That's before you even consider our clear on going improvement and their (current) stagnation.

Not sure if I’m missing the point your trying to make, in this instance, by referring to the wage bill.

Yes, their wage bill dwarfs ours but both Gerrard and Lennon have the same expectations...... win the league!

I’m certainly not going to continually accept second best just because their wage bill is double or treble ours as if that’s some sort of excuse.

If Gerrard were to get the sack it would 100% be due to results.

If Lennon gets the sack in the near future, without a doubt it will be partially due to results but there will be so much more to it than just that.

Poor results won’t be the sole reason that Lennon gets the sack. It’ll also be all the baggage that he brings with him. That’s the point I’m trying to make.

CaptainCourageous

Remember when they were linked with Brendan Rodgers and FF said not a chance. Then when he signed, many labelled him a dud manager.

Eddie Howe done a fantastic job at Bournemouth. He's a good manger.

I'd rather they stuck with Neil Lennon. Tbh, they aren't sacking him any time soon based on results - unless we see an almighty collapse from them, which would be great for us.

Howe will probably have his eye on an English Premiership job and it won't be long before one comes up.

Salsabear

Remember when they were linked with Brendan Rodgers and FF said not a chance. Then when he signed, many labelled him a dud manager.

Eddie Howe done a fantastic job at Bournemouth. He's a good manger.

I'd rather they stuck with Neil Lennon. Tbh, they aren't sacking him any time soon based on results - unless we see an almighty collapse from them, which would be great for us.

Howe will probably have his eye on an English Premiership job and it won't be long before one comes up.
Hopefully Newcastle, after they fuucked my coupon.

TheEgg

Any manager worth his salt wont touch them.

whos going to come in and have the chance to go down in history as the man who lost 10n a row?

no money to spend and a squad full of guys wanting out?

if TLB goes it will be Kennedy or a scottish tim that will take over, coyle etc etc

Hazylight1989

Lennon isn't getting sacked anytime soon - the ones who are shouting for it don't speak for their entire fan base - they are just the noisy ones.

change consent