Lennon job. Runners and riders

Jackie McNamara at 6/1 lol

How can you go from getting the sack at Dundee United and York city to being the 4th favourite for the Celtic job.

Jesus wept that’s a reassuring list of replacements

One thing they won’t do is pay compo to either Lennon (who wasn’t even interviewed for the job and was eventually offered it full time in the shower ) or to anyone else to get their manager.

Remember that Lennon just so happened to fall out with Hibs a few days before Rodgers went, timing was uncanny.

So, look to see who leaves their current club under a cloud in the next few weeks and there is your answer.

Can they afford to sack Lennon and all his back room staff?

How much does that cost? I have no idea so interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.

They have a huge wage bill.

They spent quite a bit in the summer.

They would need Lennon to walk, and can we see that? I can't.

Dave King said "Celtic will fold like a pack of cards" - Is this it happening right now?
Sack him AND buy out another managers contract elsewhere. Any manager worth their salt at this time will be employed and cost upwards of £5-7m to buy their contract out. Plus of course paying out Lenny, unless they have termination rights in the contract, which wouldn’t surprise me given he was an unemployed layabout when they picked him up.....

So after winning 3 trebles and a tainted double, they are going to sack the manager for being 6 points behind the Rangers with a game in hand.
Brilliant, obsessed f@@@wits.
You do realize the posters who think the league is over will panic during the opening minutes at Kilmarnock this weekend. This is the bipolar forum.
Some even hope they can hold Lille and beat Aberdeen. Your last two words in your post sum them up.

eddie howe aint taking the portsmouth job mate come on.
I’d think it would be a long shot for any other bloke with his credentials.Im not saying he definitely would I’m saying as it’s close to his home he would possibly be interested. He built a club at Bournemouth. That could appeal to him at Pompey.Being close to home is important to him.
The saints job looks safe enough for their manager so as someone pointed out on here the nearest job that could be available is Fulham is they punt Scott Parker. I can’t see Him going to celtic though.

One thing they won’t do is pay compo to either Lennon (who wasn’t even interviewed for the job and was eventually offered it full time in the shower ) or to anyone else to get their manager.

Remember that Lennon just so happened to fall out with Hibs a few days before Rodgers went, timing was uncanny.

So, look to see who leaves their current club under a cloud in the next few weeks and there is your answer.
Very cynical. :)

15 pages late to the party, but I can't see someone like Eddie Howe or any English manager taking on the Celtic job 1/3 of the way through the season. Of course there is the opportunity to get godlike status by 'winning' 'the ten', but would they risk their reputation on being the one to lose it? Lennon will be in charge until the end of the season, or ideally the day after we pump them at the piggery in March all but sealing the title.

Back