Lennon job. Runners and riders

Just checked their page on the Athletic app. Comments on this are usually a bit more measured and sensible.
Tims on commenting on team structure, tempo, coaching etc. To a man, they all think Lennon should go. Initial suggestions for a replacement? This is where the fun begins.
1. Pochettino
2 .Eddie Howe, actually not a bad shout
3. Big Sam

If Lennon is bagged, who do we think they could entice?
Who cares

Jack Ross wouldn't be a good fit for that Celtic job. Look at what he's built with Hibs - he's built a team that creates opportunities on the counter. He doesn't build teams that dominate possession.

He'd be better than Lennon, for sure, but that's not saying much.

Some of the managers I've seen them going on about are just bonkers. Even when one of them said "A while back we were looking at bringing in people like Mourinho and we ended up with Lennon". I mean, c'mon to fook - I know they are deranged but get a grip.

Can’t imagine them attracting any quality of manager at this juncture. They will not want to offer any long term contract. Have they not all been on a rolling year since the end of O’Neil’s spell?

If a new guy comes in and fails to win the league he’s gonna be a pariah

The tramps won’t accept Clarke’s type of football. Ross is doing OK at Hibs, why would he want to go to that cesspit at this juncture.

It’s all pie in the sky because I don’t see Lennon going anywhere before the. end of this season.

The mother of all Christmases would arrive if they were to replace toothrot with Kennedy.

Going by amount of replies, plenty.
They are our only rival mate. Whatever happens to them will affect our chance of success in some way, like it or not, that's a fact
No point in starting a thread on their next manager when popcorn teeth is still in charge.

I’m going to go outside the box here. I think they will bring in a Manager who talks nonsense on Radio Clyde and who is a winner. Step forward with a massive compensation fee for Brechin City

Mark Wilson

How they never got relegated last year I want to know. He can bring his Assistant too. Simon Donnelly too.

But #lennonmuststay

Was Stark in charge for the arse-end of that season??? I can't remember that. Too busy celebrating the original 2nd (and still the only 2nd) nine-in-a-row.
He was in charge of the filth the night we won nine.
I think Burns chucked it the week previous.

They won't spend on a manager. Why the f#ck did they even give the gig to unemployable Lennon, after his hushed up exit from Hibs?
I really hope they are fucked big time with the up coming Celtic boys club cases.

Because they have a tsunami of shit coming their way shortly and couldn’t afford to poach a suitable replacement.

I’d be surprised if they go for Strachan. Having gone back to Lennon a second time I can’t really see them repeat the mistake by going for Strachan a second time.

Of the names mentioned on here, the only one I wouldn’t want them to get is Howe. I do think he is a proper, good manager. Him and Dyche are the two who I see as the good English managers, especially if you want to do something on a budget.

I’d be surprised if they go for Strachan. Having gone back to Lennon a second time I can’t really see them repeat the mistake by going for Strachan a second time.

Of the names mentioned on here, the only one I wouldn’t want them to get is Howe. I do think he is a proper, good manager. Him and Dyche are the two who I see as the good English managers, especially if you want to do something on a budget.
Howe was on £4m a year at Bournemouth. Not a chance they could get him

They should go with Martin O’N. Successful for them back in the day.

And has an average win rate of 38% in his last 4 roles in the 15 years since then!

Mike Basset

More like Berty Basset

0-F1-A4418-2-F1-F-431-D-83-A6-759-E9-A29-DC7-F.jpg

Anyone coming in now that has Celtic 'leanings' would probably think seriously about the consequences of being the manager that failed in the pursuit of this so-called '10 in a row'.

They might just be stuck with Lennon until it is all too late for a change to make any difference.

In the meantime we cannot get ahead of ourselves and must concentrate on doing the business game by game.

Last edited:
Cant see them getting rid of him unless its past the point of no return. They live for people like him and Duffer, its going to be there downfall.

They've thrown well over £20,000,000 at Lennon since the January window
I thought this must be wrong, but 2 minutes on Wikipedia shows you're right!!!

Plus another £10m from last summer (at least) which means their transfers for the last 12 months are North of £30m, to say nothing of the huge wage bill we know they have. Granted, they will have the £25m from the arseholes at Arsenal for biscuit hips to offset this but you can't say that any of their recruits have enhanced their resale value. They really only have Edouard who would fetch a substantial fee for them to re-invest and his value will be plummeting as long as he's out of action and continues to look disinterested.

I can't see TLB leaving voluntarily before New Year nor can I see them punting him. If there is a change then it'll likely be in early Jan and would be as a result of them trailing us in the league, which would make the managers position a poisoned chalice for anyone who may have been minded to accept it in other circumstances. No serious heavyweight option would want their first act as their manager to be to surrender the title and their fabled "Ten" to us.

Hopefully they're forced to stick with what they have and we inflict "death by a thousand cuts" on them, just constantly staying in front and gradually extending our lead over them. Gradually sucking all the joy and excitement out of the season for them would be the icing on the cake for us building our own excitement in the run up to 55.

Bringing in Wibble as caretaker would be the cherry on the icing on the cake though!

I thought this must be wrong, but 2 minutes on Wikipedia shows you're right!!!

Plus another £10m from last summer (at least) which means their transfers for the last 12 months are North of £30m, to say nothing of the huge wage bill we know they have. Granted, they will have the £25m from the arseholes at Arsenal for biscuit hips to offset this but you can't say that any of their recruits have enhanced their resale value. They really only have Edouard who would fetch a substantial fee for them to re-invest and his value will be plummeting as long as he's out of action and continues to look disinterested.

I can't see TLB leaving voluntarily before New Year nor can I see them punting him. If there is a change then it'll likely be in early Jan and would be as a result of them trailing us in the league, which would make the managers position a poisoned chalice for anyone who may have been minded to accept it in other circumstances. No serious heavyweight option would want their first act as their manager to be to surrender the title and their fabled "Ten" to us.

Hopefully they're forced to stick with what they have and we inflict "death by a thousand cuts" on them, just constantly staying in front and gradually extending our lead over them. Gradually sucking all the joy and excitement out of the season for them would be the icing on the cake for us building our own excitement in the run up to 55.

Bringing in Wibble as caretaker would be the cherry on the icing on the cake though!

The situation there pleasingly seems to have become toxic on and off the park meaning that a vacancy there (hopefully not soon) would have zero appeal to any manager of substance.
A demoralised squad and a rebuilding job with likely limited transfer funds with all the added pressure generated by mentally challenged paranoia around their imaginary '10' hardly makes it seem an attractive proposition.

The situation there pleasingly seems to have become toxic on and off the park meaning that a vacancy there (hopefully not soon) would have zero appeal to any manager of substance.
A demoralised squad and a rebuilding job with likely limited transfer funds with all the added pressure generated by mentally challenged paranoia around their imaginary '10' hardly makes it seem an attractive proposition.
Yes, it's coming to the boil nicely - but I thought the same last season as well! So far, we are at least playing our part by continuing to win and keep some sustained pressure on them. The result at their midden cannot be overstated in terms of its importance in ratcheting up the pressure.

If we can keep our noses in front and start to look like champions-in-waiting by consistently disposing of our domestic opponents with relative ease it will heap the pressure on TLB, especially if he flops in the EL and drops a few more points in the coming weeks. Then we should be in for some fireworks as we know he doesn't cope with real pressure at all well.

Just keep winning Rangers, keep winning.

Mibbe we should let that boy rest
As far as I know, rumours on here a while back about this guys demise were unfounded. It was mistaken identity.

I take it that's what you're referring to by letting him rest? Unless I've missed something this fella is still alive and no doubt pining more than ever for Saint Brendans return.

Back