Lennon job. Runners and riders

No ‘they’ don’t.

They’ve backed Lennon with more than £20m since January. He’s their man, the cheap option - and he’s won everything he’s been in, mostly because we’ve let him.

He’ll be there until the seasons out, unless we get so far ahead that we’re virtually uncatchable.

Eddie Howe about chucked himself off a bridge moving as far north as Burnley. Not a chance he would go there.

Eddie Howe is not moving to Glasgow.

And even if he did I don't envisage him being the type to light a fire under them.

I don’t think it’ll happen and I know I really don’t want it happening. He would be a massive upgrade on that bigoted scumbag. I’m sure Howe will be looking for a decent EPL job

They are not an attractive job at the moment for anyone.

Any manager that comes in is at risk of being seen as the guy that blew their "10IAR". Lennon's also just blown £35m over the last three windows so it's highly unlikely they'll be throwing more cash at it, particularly with the wage bill they have and a third season without the Champions League. Their biggest sellable assets (Edouard, Ajer, Christie, Ntcham) all have just 18 months to run on their contracts come January so they'll be under pressure to sell.

On top of that Rangers are on the ascendancy and if we win this title, their fans will go nuclear and we also have a crack at the Champions League.

Bit clickbait OP. A few guys in work is hardly representative of full support, never mind their club.

Eddie Howe wasn’t ‘homesick’ at Burnley, it was a family issue that caused problems with being there. I believe that issue still exists.

We can only hope the Sheep beat them in the Cup Semi this coming Sunday.

We need to be at our best to beat Kilmarnock that day, we could be 9 points ahead (all be it with them having then played 2 league games less).

Their next domestic 'Home' game isn't until December.

They could crack in that time, especially if they suffer some hefty Euro defeats too.

Shows you how far we have come under StevieG in what’s in reality a short time.

We were the laughing stock of the league, going through managers like sweeties.

We were getting pumped by them regularly and were the butt of their jokes.

We had players who shouldn’t have got into Ibrox without a ticket.

Well they ain’t laughing now, they are shitting themselves.

There’s a saying that “ he who laughs last laughs longest “ and we will be laughing at them soon.

Howe was number 1 trending on Twitter in UK at 1 point yesterday so it's more than a couple of guys in someone work to be fair.
Fair enough I’ve no idea what is trending on Twitter, however, I stand by the heading being matter of fact, clickbait.

Speaking to a few of them at work and there all saying lennon in for meeting today. Hoping he gets sacked n replaced by Eddie Howe . Haha panic stations now .Turning on the board,manager and players haha

I want us to sign Messi.

Mind when Shane Duffy was seen as a massive upgrade??

Nope. He’s was a cart horse and he’s still a cart horse .... but he’s a Republican cart horse so that’s all right with them

Eddie Howe is a far better manager than Lennon. Howe is a very respected manager and will get a decent EPL job if he wants back into the game

sacking Lennon the now would be them literally waving the white flag , plus they would need to back a new manager in the transfer market with an existing sky high wage bill and no champs league money coming in ....

House.Of.Cards......we must keep the momentum to make it collapse entirely

When their accounts finally come out they will realise they’re not getting Eddie Howe any time soon

Changing coaches at this point of the season would be mental, even for them. Reality check is that losing to us, AC Milan and a draw away to Aberdeen isn’t a run of form that will see him get the sack.

Still a long, long way to go. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Just keep winning our games.

Plus from a selfish point of view, I really, really REALLY want him to be in charge when we win the league. It will tarnish his career and he’ll be forever remembered by the unwashed masses as the manager who lost the 10.

No way he is getting sacked. As much as they’ve had a bad week- I don’t think the wheels are off the cart for them yet.
Lost an Old Firm game (which are basically 50/50 shots anytime)
Lost against AC Milan in Europe
Drew in one of the toughest away fixtures in the league.
I’m loving their pain, but it’s hardly disaster material just yet.
I hope it might be the catalyst for their season coming off the rails right enough.

They aren’t binning Lennon just now, not a chance, for all their talk of implosion and crisis and all the rest, they are on the brink of another final and only 3 behind us in League, assuming they win their game in hand, they won’t panic yet.

So after winning 3 trebles and a tainted double, they are going to sack the manager for being 6 points behind the Rangers with a game in hand.
Brilliant, obsessed f@@@wits.

It's not happening any time soon, they've just given TLB millions to spend this summer but i can see the panic merchants starting on here already now about how good Eddie Howe is.

Is Eddie Howe going to buy into the total crackpot mentality that exists at that club? Always came across as a level headed kind of guy so can’t see him becoming part of their madness.

MON is much more likely although the fact this is even a thing after one week of bad results for them highlights the schizophrenic nature of their support.

I think MON would be a stick on even just short term deal initially to end of the season.
Yeah they'd be given a caretaker role. Tbh, I don't even think Lennon is close to the sack. Yet.

They will string Lawwell up if we win the title this season.

Absolute madness . Much as I’m enjoying this past 8 days , the fact is all that separates us and them is the old firm win . That’s it in terms of the league . They’ve had two away draws , so have we.

We should focus on winning game by game and let them get on with whatever madness they do . I know we all crave success but I think we need to stay focussed .

They won't be sacking Lennon, they are really only 3 points off us. We need to calm down and take stock a little bit, saying that we have the feel of a different beast this year, but it's still very early days.

Lennon walking away is a different matter, could see that at some point.
All bears I know and talk to are perfectly calm.

Its the rats that are losing their shit to be honest.

Eddie Howe is a good coach but I'm not sure he'd appreciate the scrutiny and pressure of managing them in a "must win 10*" season. A cushier job down south is what he'll be seeking.

If Lennon does get bagged then I'd say Steve Clarke is the more likely replacement.

* The Asterisk titles.

I doubt they'll be sacking him any time soon. Assuming they win their game in hand, all that separates us is the OF game! The unwashed are howling at the moon. They haven't had any real challenge for 10 years - it's a question of whether we can keep the pressure on and remain front-runners for the season. It's in our hands and I think we now have the depth of squad to last the distance

We can only hope the Sheep beat them in the Cup Semi this coming Sunday.

We need to be at our best to beat Kilmarnock that day, we could be 9 points ahead (all be it with them having then played 2 league games less).

Their next domestic 'Home' game isn't until December.

They could crack in that time, especially if they suffer some hefty Euro defeats too.
I'm thinking it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they beat the sheep next week as

A - Keeps Lennon in the job longer
B. Gives them another game to play while we will be playing in the league.

Last edited:
Win their game in hand and they are three behind. Hardly disastrous. I’d imagine he is safe unless they have a run like we did early this year.

Howe would be a good appointment, but who would want to risk being the man that didn't deliver "10"? Poison chalice this season for anyone coming in and not succeeding.

Back